Clear All

• Rob R
    replied
    Beautifully played.

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
    Anyway, I wonder if the people in the UK thought what I thought when seeing the opening clip of Yankee Stadium from the air.....That is....Why would NYC tear down a perfectly useful beautiful historic Stadium?

Anyone have the answer?

Leave a comment:

• Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock
    replied
    You'd think there's reason it's not being shown here or online yet. The Yanks surely didn't give Nat Geo exclusive access to the demolition if there wasn't going to be something in it for them. Unless NG just paid a flat fee to film, there's a probably a DVD to come, with both sharing in the profits. That is something I'd pay for, though. The only problem with that theory, of course, is it's 2011 and it still isn't out yet. What are they waiting for?? It may be time to hit the bit-torrent sites.

Leave a comment:

• nevernamed
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
    dying to see this documentary...WHY IS IT AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE except the US/NY area where the most people would be interested...Nat-Geo is killing me
    Anybody find this show yet online or elsewhere? I really wanna see it too

Leave a comment:

• dabigyankeeman
    replied
    Wait till some idiots climb those poles and try to sit in those chairs.......

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    good perch for birds...

Leave a comment:

• Strawman
    replied
    Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
    The famous "Chair Follies"

Courtesy of Thomas Balsley Associates and approved by the New York City Design Commission
    That is truly hideous design....

Leave a comment:

• YankeeStadium1923
    replied
    Chair Follies

Originally posted by bandit12 View Post
    Are those the lights they are going to put some seats on to show the enormity of OYS/RYS? What a bright idea (pun and sarcasm intended).
    The famous "Chair Follies"

Courtesy of Thomas Balsley Associates and approved by the New York City Design Commission
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• YankeeStadium1923
    replied
    Originally posted by quagmire View Post
    Here is a trailer of natgeo documentary of the demo including a great shot of the upper deck removal from the upper deck concourse.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/breaking-up-t...yankee-stadium
    Thank for posting the trailer....I checked the NatGeo website for Austrailia last week and the site had this posted:

Yankee Stadium
    Home to the New York Yankees for over 80 years and host to 37 World Series, Yankee Stadium is about to be demolished. But with a subway that won't stop running beside it, there's no room for error.
    Unfortunately this episode is not currently being aired. Please check back again soon!

Anyway, I wonder if the people in the UK thought what I thought when seeing the opening clip of Yankee Stadium from the air.....That is....Why would NYC tear down a perfectly useful beautiful historic Stadium?

Anyone have the answer?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    Thanks for the link Quagmire. Seems odd that a country that has little to no interest towards our sport (and even hostile towards it from my experiences in London) gets this documentary and we don't!

don't take it so hard, nat geo is an international organization and they are producing documentaries all over the world.
    could be that a nat geo producer for this series "breaking up the biggest" in england may have had a personal interest in this.
    something can be right under your nose (usa) and not even realize it.
    if they get enough responses for a series or show they'll find sponsors for it here.

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    Here might a good place: http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...=heritage+park

I started a similar thread back in Sept/October, but it probably got removed as it would have served the same purpose as this one. Ironically, some posters here said mine was unnecessary until OYS demolition was complete - and that was in October - 4 months after the last pod fell!

Anyway DN4L have a gander there and feel free to post further Heritage Park progress photos there.

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    Originally posted by OllieNYY View Post
    Thanks for the link Quagmire. Seems odd that a country that has little to no interest towards our sport (and even hostile towards it from my experiences in London) gets this documentary and we don't!
    Goes both ways: Football(the one we call soccer) hasn't exactly caught fire in this country - save for increased sales of plastic vuvuzela horns! I think America and other countries and the rest of the world need to be more open with sports that are unique to certain countries. I.E. Baseball and NASCAR in America.

Leave a comment:

• bandit12
    replied
    Originally posted by DN4L View Post
    I didn't know which thread to post these under, so I picked this one..
    These were taken before the Pinstripe Bowl yesterday..

Are those the lights they are going to put some seats on to show the enormity of OYS/RYS? What a bright idea (pun and sarcasm intended).

Leave a comment:

• OllieNYY
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mattingly85MVP
    replied
    dying to see this documentary...WHY IS IT AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE except the US/NY area where the most people would be interested...Nat-Geo is killing me

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X