No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gate 4 Pod is offficially gone... no photos, but it came down a little after 12:30pm today...

Comment

• Originally posted by TGannon2 View Post
      The Gate 4 Pod is offficially gone... no photos, but it came down a little after 12:30pm today...
      Now if only they'll be kind enough to tear down the Gate 6 pod before they finish tearing down the walls.

But, that won't happen. Looks like the Gate 6 pod will be the last piece of Yankee Stadium to stand.....

Comment

• Not demo but I was looking through my computer and found some of my pics from the final game:

Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
          Not demo but I was looking through my computer and found some of my pics from the final game:

So glad I went to that game, I think I may have snapped this nearly the same time as you judging by the position of the grounds crew
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob R View Post
            It sure does.

I notice how a lot of Rob's exterior photos strategically omit the plastic-like features of the exterior of the upper deck. The new Yankee Stadium has a buttah face.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
              I notice how a lot of Rob's exterior photos strategically omit the plastic-like features of the exterior of the upper deck. The new Yankee Stadium has a buttah face.
              It IS ugly as heck... though unlike the new upper deck and frieze-by-Playskool, they have an opportunity to make it look right (like the original plans)

Comment

• Even with the white crap on the upper deck, the exterior still screams Yankee Stadium. Only if the interior did the same.......

Comment

• I guess this is where the parks dept got the idea of putting some seats on a light pole....

...at least this one actually represents something.

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                    Not demo but I was looking through my computer and found some of my pics from the final game:

What a great shot. No stadium today looks like that.

Comment

What a great shot. No stadium today looks like that.
                      Amen.... to me, this is just RIGHT

Kudos as well to you two guys taking your shots at almost exactly the same time.

Comment

I guess you missed the 2nd pic from the top.

Can't hide those hideous escalator pods at RYS though! And speaking of RYS, I suppose you liked the exterior upper deck, concrete spidery thingie that made RYS look more like Angel Stadium than Yankee Stadium?

Ready to vomit?

Comment

• The below photo is from Game 1 of the WS last season, taken from approximately the same angle. Even though it was nighttime, you can clearly see the differences. The RYS presented the fans so much better, without too many distractions. Also, the bunting at the NYS is completely hidden and invisible unless you are actively looking for it. These two comparisons should prove that the interior of RYS is head & shoulders above NYS.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                            The below photo is from Game 1 of the WS last season, taken from approximately the same angle. Even though it was nighttime, you can clearly see the differences. The RYS presented the fans so much better, without too many distractions. Also, the bunting at the NYS is completely hidden and invisible unless you are actively looking for it. These two comparisons should prove that the interior of RYS is head & shoulders above NYS.
                            locke, without disputing or debating your claims, it's clear that the quality of the photo of RYS that baseballman1243 took is far better than the quality of the one from NYS. The NYS one is fuzzy in comparison. You cannot even see the fans in the grandstand.

Also, the glare for the lights and LED ribbon worsens the quality of the photo. Plus the LED ribbon board isn't running in that RYS shot.

Otherwise, they are great photos for comparison purposes, with very similar angles. Maybe somebody has a better quality photo of NYS from that same angle, where it's less fuzzy, less dark, has less glare and we can at least see the fans in the grandstand. Also, one taken the same time of day might be a fairer comparison. There's so much that you can't see in that NYS photo. When I get home I'll see if I took similar shots.
                            Last edited by Rob R; 04-28-2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob R View Post
                              locke, without disputing or debating your claims, it's clear that the quality of the photo of RYS that baseballman1243 took is far better than the quality of the one from NYS. The NYS one is fuzzy in comparison. You cannot even see the fans in the grandstand.

Also, the glare for the lights and LED ribbon worsens the quality of the photo. Plus the LED ribbon board isn't running in that RYS shot.

Otherwise, they are great photos for comparison purposes, with very similar angles. Maybe somebody has a better quality photo of NYS from that same angle, where it's less fuzzy, less dark, has less glare and we can at least see the fans in the grandstand. Also, one taken the same time of day might be a fairer comparison. There's so much that you can't see in that NYS photo. When I get home I'll see if I took similar shots.
                              Very true, Rob. My iPhone will surprise me sometimes and take a wonderful shot, and sometimes it is very blurry like the above photo. I wanted to post it regardless because it is almost the exact same angle, albeit a little closer to the field. However, what the photo does illustrate well is the fact that the ribbon board is just way too big and bright. Even in person, it completely washes out your view, and it is hard to see the fans in the upper grandstand. What RYS did so well is present the fans in the upper deck, and you just could not miss them up there.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The Beauty of Renovated Yankee Stadium

Yankee Stadium 1923-2008.
                                Attached Files
                                Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X