Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronxbombers2 View Post
    So did they just bury all the underground tunnels,clubhouse,etc? That would be amazing to get under there and walk down one of those hallways years from now
    I think those are gone sadly.
    Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
      I think those are gone sadly.
      I would think that the clubhouse, and all other 'below street level' rooms are buried.
      Of course there is no way you would be able to access any of those places as there is tons of fill on top of them... But one day when they build across the street on the original site, some late 21st Century construction worker will hit cement, and yell' hey boss, look what I found'
      Wish I could see that day.

Comment

• All of the things you're asking about were underneath the grandstand, within the outer wall.

The demolition destroyed everything but the lowermost outer wall of the ballpark (which is what we saw the inner side of during the "excavations").

No rooms, hallways or clubhouses inside the original structure survived, sadly. Interestingly enough, if any part did survive, it was the boiler room, added during the renovation, underneath the big bat, at what used to be the corner of 157th and Doughty/Ruppert Place.

Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post
          All of the things you're asking about were underneath the grandstand, within the outer wall.

The demolition destroyed everything but the lowermost outer wall of the ballpark (which is what we saw the inner side of during the "excavations").

No rooms, hallways or clubhouses inside the original structure survived, sadly. Interestingly enough, if any part did survive, it was the boiler room, added during the renovation, underneath the big bat, at what used to be the corner of 157th and Doughty/Ruppert Place.

Richard
          Was the boiler room connected across the sidewalk to the other underground walkways? it probably was and you might be right that something like that would be intact

Comment

• I don't know the exact layout of it, but my guess is that it was definitely accessed from within the Stadium and that would have definitely been from within the basement levels.

My guess is that any tunnel was filled in, but the room could have been left alone, there's no real way to tell.

Richard

Comment

• How about sonar?

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                How about sonar?
                Radar,sonar,electric toothbrushes. Oops, wrong site.
                www.thejawsboard.com
                Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Is this "THE END"?..................

Comment

• Here's a pano from a few pics I snapped on June 21st. Snapped them with my camera phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
                      Is this "THE END"?..................

If "THE END" hasn't officially arrived yet, then it's definitely near..

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Thats Gone!!!!!Gone

In the words of howard cosell "Thats Gone!!!!!Gone"

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=4429227
                        Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 06-23-2010, 06:54 AM.
                        Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• "That's gone!!! Gone!!!"

Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
                          In the words of howard cosell "Thats Gone!!!!!Gone"

Or as Michael Kay would say...
                          "Seeeee ya!!!!"

"We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Or as John Sterling would say:

This is something sort of grandish!

ughhh
                            sigpic

Comment

• mel allen - "...going, going, gone!..."
                              the turd in the punchbowl
                              reality really sucks.
                              enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Fin!
                                as per river ave blues
                                "Heritage Field finally has an opening date. With old Yankee Stadium now fully demolished, the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation says the replacement park at the old stadium site will open in the fall of 2011, more than five years after the city shuttered Macombs Dam Park. Meanwhile, other green spaces — a skate park and a track and field area with initial completion dates of 2007 and 2009 respectively — are going to be feted with ribbon-cutting ceremonies in the coming weeks."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X