No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Vaz, have you been sleeping? Demolition has been done for awhile and from the recent photos that appeared here it looks like the cleanup is 95% done, if not 100%. It also appears that construction of Heritage Park has already begun. The groundbreaking is just a ceremonial event.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Heritage Field Ground Breaking Ceremony

Here's some pictures I found on WCBS.com from the groundbreaking ceremony:

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/7577060...=1928717#imgXR
      Attached Files
      Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
      Ernest Hemingway
      “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        I was wondering if I was the one who outbid you, but I wasn't. I got the 138 G-J plate. Those are the Field Boxes furthest out in left field, and those are seats that were obstructed by the "new" fence (when they pulled the fences in) and sometimes by a TV cameraman whose platform was put in the area between the seats and the "new" fence. I've got a couple of pictures of the sign in place at the Stadium.
        My 138 G-J plate arrived yesterday. I'd post a picture of it but I want to wait and take it with me the next time I go up to the site to see if I can create an "art" shot of it. Meanwhile, here's a photo of the plate in its original, game-used state...

(Photo taken June 21, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Thats awesome Gary! Great to have a photo of it in situ! Can't wait to see it returned to once it came.
          Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• Originally posted by OllieNYY View Post
            Thats awesome Gary! Great to have a photo of it in situ! Can't wait to see it returned to once it came.
            And now a reading from the Book of Matthew, Chapter 12, Verse 44:

"Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished."
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
              And now a reading from the Book of Matthew, Chapter 12, Verse 44:

"Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished."
              Ah-ha! (Great band...) Thank you, too early for me...

Comment

• Dear Friends

Please support the move to have a statue created by noted Baseball Hall of Fame sculptor, Palmer Murphy. The statue will be of the incomparable Babe Ruth. In all of New York City, there are NO statues of the Great Bambino. The Babe helped shape New York City into the great metropolis that it has become. He did so much more for humanity than become the greatest baseball icon the world has ever seen. Please correct this injustice to one of America’s greatest personalities.

Please go to the official site of the Babe Ruth family at: thetruebaberuth.com

THANK YOU!

Comment

• Got my rail plate today!!! Whoopee, it looks great, better than in the picture. I can't believe I actually got a nice piecie of the stadium for only $31.00, the price to me is the amazing part, I would have paid two or three times that much for this. Hope all here who won one have a good experience like I did.

Anybody else spotting neat affordable Yankee Stadium stuff on the net, let us know. We now know to look at Steiner (which we knew before) and also the MLB Auction. I wonder if anything will turn up somewhere else.
                  I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

• I'm watching some of the auctions, and since the rail plates are essentially the same, I wonder why some are going for more than others. For example, with 5+ days to go, the "BOX 2 B-J" plate has a high bid of $61.00. I suppose it's possible that there was (is?) a bidding war between people who had seats in Box 2 and want the plate from "their" section as a memento, or maybe it's because Box 2 was behind home plate, but I reckon it's probably because of the association with Derek Jeter.
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                      I'm watching some of the auctions, and since the rail plates are essentially the same, I wonder why some are going for more than others. For example, with 5+ days to go, the "BOX 2 B-J" plate has a high bid of $61.00. I suppose it's possible that there was (is?) a bidding war between people who had seats in Box 2 and want the plate from "their" section as a memento, or maybe it's because Box 2 was behind home plate, but I reckon it's probably because of the association with Derek Jeter.
                      the association with jeter does make sense but it can also be a bidding war between people who have had seats in that section or have a sepcific memory in that section. my railing that I won went for $41 and I had to outbid quite a few people. but I wouldve paid up to maybe $70 for it because that was the section that my seats were in and since i couldnt afford my seats, having something specific from the section has to do.

Comment

• To see Trost and Levine shoveling dirt over the very cultural grave they created - like some kind of community leaders - it's kinda sickening, I have to say.
                        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• The new stadium has not grown on me like I thought it would. No matter how good my seats are, I still feel miles away from the game. The information SUPER DUPER SCORE BOARD PARTY is so distracting in center field, by the time I realize what stat Im looking at, the at bat is over. I miss the 70's animation on the old info board!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post

To see Trost and Levine shoveling dirt over the very cultural grave they created - like some kind of community leaders - it's kinda sickening, I have to say.
                            nyc owned the building and control the site, yanks had nothing to do with what's happening.
                            it's the friendly mayor-for-life who's responsible...
                            the turd in the punchbowl
                            reality really sucks.
                            enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
                              Got my rail plate today!!! Whoopee, it looks great, better than in the picture. I can't believe I actually got a nice piecie of the stadium for only $31.00, the price to me is the amazing part, I would have paid two or three times that much for this. Hope all here who won one have a good experience like I did.

Anybody else spotting neat affordable Yankee Stadium stuff on the net, let us know. We now know to look at Steiner (which we knew before) and also the MLB Auction. I wonder if anything will turn up somewhere else.
                              Steiners had 'dibbs' on everything there so any other stuff from the demolition will most likely come from people trying to make a buck on eBay off of Steiners stuff they bought for a cheaper price. The best bet is to contact Steiners directly if your looking for something particular. I am going to spend a lot of time in the Steiners store in the next coming weeks (gulp) so will make a list of everything thats there from the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post

To see Trost and Levine shoveling dirt over the very cultural grave they created - like some kind of community leaders - it's kinda sickening, I have to say.

At least they're not building apartment projects, like they did at the former sites of the Polo Grounds & Ebbetts Field..
                                "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X