Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
    Hmmm..... Interesting. They removed the poles that were there when I was there in August.......

That looks like a pile-driver that drives those tall posts deep into the ground so just those short stubs are left . . .

Comment

• ...that's what they do.
      the turd in the punchbowl
      reality really sucks.
      enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by stadiumbuilder View Post
        Nice job again, Gary. But you shouldn't have mentioned that gate 2 flagpole. Now that it's been brought to their attention they'll probably be yanking it out of the ground and grinding it up today.
        Exactly. Remember: *Nothing Significant Took Place* on the land in those photographs!
        RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Nice job again, Gary. But you shouldn't have mentioned that gate 2 flagpole. Now that it's been brought to their attention they'll probably be yanking it out of the ground and grinding it up today.
          huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh

you said "yanking it out"

huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh

X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Yes, a very bad but intentional pun!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
              Exactly. Remember: *Nothing Significant Took Place* on the land in those photographs!
              Yes. Or did it? www.stadiumbuilder.com

Comment

Yes. Or did it? www.stadiumbuilder.com
                Again, I'm relaying what seem to be the intentions of the combined powers that be regarding the very replacement of YS itself - not my own sentiments. And it is important that the target audience of these attempts to delude - those Yankee/general baseball fans not yet out of their teens - explore this site and learn the TRUTH. It's all here, on B-F. And neither the Mayor, the City, nor the Yanks themselves can dispute what's on here, even if they do replace everything on that former YS site down to the sidewalks!
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                  Again, I'm relaying what seem to be the intentions of the combined powers that be regarding the very replacement of YS itself - not my own sentiments. And it is important that the target audience of these attempts to delude - those Yankee/general baseball fans not yet out of their teens - explore this site and learn the TRUTH. It's all here, on B-F. And neither the Mayor, the City, nor the Yanks themselves can dispute what's on here, even if they do replace everything on that former YS site down to the sidewalks!
                  Preserving one legend, eradicating another...

(Photo taken October 24, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

"The House That Ruth Built..."

(Photo taken October 24, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

...no longer stands.
                  X
                  What's THAT guy doing?
                  - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• If a Baseball Player ever deserved a monument outside a stadium... a monument that would be grander then ANY other players monument in any other city, that player would HAVE to be Babe Ruth....

New Yankee Stadium should have such a monument

QUOTE=Gary Dunaier;1810879]Preserving one legend, eradicating another...

"The House That Ruth Built..."

...no longer stands.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Remember this?

Brandon Steiner... it's the day before you are about to sign the deal to take down Yankee Stadium. What are you thinking about?

To see what he says, click here and go to page 4 of the PDF document. (Advisory: the PDF looks to have been produced by Steiner, so it may not be as objective as one would like... but it's still interesting reading.)
                      X
                      What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

• Interesting reading, thanks for that link Gary.

Note that i am a big baseball card collector, and collect some memorabilia too, so it was really interesting to me.
                        I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

• Brandon Steiner is a nice guy, spent a very pleasant afternoon at Yankee Stadium with him and have been a customer of Steiner's since their partnerships with the Yankees. Yes it's not perfect but I am very appreciative to get ahold of the memorabilia they offer. I think they did a good job offering the items for sale from the old Stadium, just as MeiGrey did with Shea. Memorabilia is a big business and someone has to cater with it.
                          Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• just watched the doco on the demo of the Stadium very interesting but also hard to watch
                            It's Obvious You Wish You Were Part Of Yankees Nation

Comment

• Originally posted by a-rod13 View Post
                              just watched the doco on the demo of the Stadium very interesting but also hard to watch
                              What documentary?

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                                What documentary?
                                in Australia, we had a documentary about the demo of Yankee Stadium on National Geographic
                                It's Obvious You Wish You Were Part Of Yankees Nation

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X