No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More good stuff, maybe belongs on the Heritage Park thread.
    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Here is a trailer of natgeo documentary of the demo including a great shot of the upper deck removal from the upper deck concourse.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/breaking-up-t...yankee-stadium
      Last edited by quagmire; 01-01-2011, 05:12 PM. Reason: concourse not behind stringer

Comment

• dying to see this documentary...WHY IS IT AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE except the US/NY area where the most people would be interested...Nat-Geo is killing me
        sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the link Quagmire. Seems odd that a country that has little to no interest towards our sport (and even hostile towards it from my experiences in London) gets this documentary and we don't!
          Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
            I didn't know which thread to post these under, so I picked this one..
            These were taken before the Pinstripe Bowl yesterday..

Are those the lights they are going to put some seats on to show the enormity of OYS/RYS? What a bright idea (pun and sarcasm intended).

Comment

• Originally posted by OllieNYY View Post
              Thanks for the link Quagmire. Seems odd that a country that has little to no interest towards our sport (and even hostile towards it from my experiences in London) gets this documentary and we don't!
              Goes both ways: Football(the one we call soccer) hasn't exactly caught fire in this country - save for increased sales of plastic vuvuzela horns! I think America and other countries and the rest of the world need to be more open with sports that are unique to certain countries. I.E. Baseball and NASCAR in America.
              RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Here might a good place: http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...=heritage+park

I started a similar thread back in Sept/October, but it probably got removed as it would have served the same purpose as this one. Ironically, some posters here said mine was unnecessary until OYS demolition was complete - and that was in October - 4 months after the last pod fell!

Anyway DN4L have a gander there and feel free to post further Heritage Park progress photos there.
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Thanks for the link Quagmire. Seems odd that a country that has little to no interest towards our sport (and even hostile towards it from my experiences in London) gets this documentary and we don't!

don't take it so hard, nat geo is an international organization and they are producing documentaries all over the world.
                  could be that a nat geo producer for this series "breaking up the biggest" in england may have had a personal interest in this.
                  something can be right under your nose (usa) and not even realize it.
                  if they get enough responses for a series or show they'll find sponsors for it here.
                  the turd in the punchbowl
                  reality really sucks.
                  enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                    Here is a trailer of natgeo documentary of the demo including a great shot of the upper deck removal from the upper deck concourse.

http://natgeotv.com/uk/breaking-up-t...yankee-stadium
                    Thank for posting the trailer....I checked the NatGeo website for Austrailia last week and the site had this posted:

Yankee Stadium
                    Home to the New York Yankees for over 80 years and host to 37 World Series, Yankee Stadium is about to be demolished. But with a subway that won't stop running beside it, there's no room for error.
                    Unfortunately this episode is not currently being aired. Please check back again soon!

Anyway, I wonder if the people in the UK thought what I thought when seeing the opening clip of Yankee Stadium from the air.....That is....Why would NYC tear down a perfectly useful beautiful historic Stadium?

Anyone have the answer?
                    Attached Files
                    Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Chair Follies

Originally posted by bandit12 View Post
                      Are those the lights they are going to put some seats on to show the enormity of OYS/RYS? What a bright idea (pun and sarcasm intended).
                      The famous "Chair Follies"

Courtesy of Thomas Balsley Associates and approved by the New York City Design Commission
                      Attached Files
                      Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
                        The famous "Chair Follies"

Courtesy of Thomas Balsley Associates and approved by the New York City Design Commission
                        That is truly hideous design....
                        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• good perch for birds...
                          the turd in the punchbowl
                          reality really sucks.
                          enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Wait till some idiots climb those poles and try to sit in those chairs.......
                            I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
                              dying to see this documentary...WHY IS IT AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE except the US/NY area where the most people would be interested...Nat-Geo is killing me
                              Anybody find this show yet online or elsewhere? I really wanna see it too

Comment

• You'd think there's reason it's not being shown here or online yet. The Yanks surely didn't give Nat Geo exclusive access to the demolition if there wasn't going to be something in it for them. Unless NG just paid a flat fee to film, there's a probably a DVD to come, with both sharing in the profits. That is something I'd pay for, though. The only problem with that theory, of course, is it's 2011 and it still isn't out yet. What are they waiting for?? It may be time to hit the bit-torrent sites.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X