Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
    Anyway, I wonder if the people in the UK thought what I thought when seeing the opening clip of Yankee Stadium from the air.....That is....Why would NYC tear down a perfectly useful beautiful historic Stadium?

Anyone have the answer?

Comment

• Beautifully played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
        ...What are they waiting for??...
        advertisers, they get the paying customers it will air
        the turd in the punchbowl
        reality really sucks.
        enjoy the game more...

Comment

• I wonder if the Nat Geo Doco bought or used the same footage that was in the entertaining ESPN 30 for 30 doco House Of Steinbrenner? Seemed like there was a lot of similar footage in the trailer posted above and in the ESPN film.
          Huge Yankees & Mike Mussina Fan

Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxlugar
            Words like fail and curse do not even come close. My God what mistake the Yankees have made. Pride and tradition shat upon.....
            premium seating and luxury boxes trump pride & tradition these days...
            reality really sucks.
            enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
              premium seating and luxury boxes trump pride & tradition these days...

There were "premium seating and luxury boxes" in "R-Y-S" as well..
              "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                In smaller and more HUMBLE numbers than now, at that!
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by DN4L View Post
                  no moats there and if you knew how to work the security the "premium" priced seats were within reach.
                  NOT NOW
                  reality really sucks.
                  enjoy the game more...

Comment

• I just found this on the National Geographic site:

Breaking Up The Biggest: Yankee Stadium. Home to the New York Yankees for over eight decades, the famous Yankee Stadium is about to be demolished. It’s a monster breakdown job.

Next Showing: Friday 29 April at 8:00AM - National Geographic Channel
                    Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• National Geographic's "Yankee Stadium Demolition" airs on April 28th @ 10:00pm..

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...e-stadium-4335
                      "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Very cool video. As Dean Wormer said in Animal House, "I hate those guys." Not really, Turner was just doing a job. I will always blame steinbrenner and bloomberg.
                        Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                          no moats there and if you knew how to work the security the "premium" priced seats were within reach.
                          NOT NOW
                          IMO, within 10 years, that moat will be gone. Notwithsatanding the fact that it looks bad on TV, when you start hearing little old ladies on the bus deriding "the moat", then it's reaching critical mass. With economic disparities likely to only widen in the years ahead (for any number of reasons), I just don't see the media relenting on this, especially when so many of the lower seats are empty. But it will probably be more internal than public pressure that will change the configuration. The empty seats are a corporate embarrassment for the whole Yankee brand that will have to be fixed eventually. That probably means the Yanks will exploit revenue sources that aren't so obvious to the casual blue collar fan 81 days a year.

Comment

• If you don't mind some good old fashioned pilferin', it's available for download on the better known sites (can't help it... no Nat Geo where I live). Watching it as I type in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsean View Post
                              If you don't mind some good old fashioned pilferin', it's available for download on the better known sites (can't help it... no Nat Geo where I live). Watching it as I type in fact.
                              Finished. I won't give away anything until it airs, but I will say it doesn't disappoint. Sad as hell but at least we get some closeups into a lot of areas that we definitely had not seen before. Even though the documentary buzzes through some parts a bit too quickly, overall it is a tremendous watch.

Comment

• Sorry about that. I stand corrected. Thank you.

Show times are:

Thursday April 28 2011 10PM
                                Friday April 29 2011 1 AM
                                Thursday May 5 2011 6 PM
                                Last edited by cgcoyne2; 04-27-2011, 12:13 AM.
                                Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X