X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxlugar
    replied
    Originally posted by locke40 View Post
    And I really hope they don't have nazi-like guards shoeing people away that don't have a permit. I think I would stop being a Yankee fan if they don't allow access to the field for non-baseball and softball players.
    My original thought was it would be nice to walk through it on the way to the stadium or maybe throw a blanket down and have lunch with the family. The more I think about it though, you're scenario is probably more like it. I'm betting on it being fully fenced in and policed harshly.

Leave a comment:

• locke40
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcianoNY View Post
    Yeah, looking at the rubble and imagining that a few short weeks ago, those piles of busted-up concrete and steel were "Baseball's Cathedral," as the Yankees and MLB so often proclaimed it in its last year, is nauseating. It's kind of like a car wreck though, once you've seen it, you can't look away. At this point I just hope they do a nice job with the park, and take care of it so it doesn't look like a dump in 5 years.
    And I really hope they don't have nazi-like guards shoeing people away that don't have a permit. I think I would stop being a Yankee fan if they don't allow access to the field for non-baseball and softball players.
    Last edited by locke40; 05-06-2010, 09:38 AM. Reason: RIP OYS and RYS

Leave a comment:

• MarcianoNY
    replied
    Originally posted by bronxbombers2 View Post
    I feel like the worst is over. The area is already looking more and more empty and cleaned out. Im actually looking forward to seeing the whole thing empty and watching them build a nice park space.
    Yeah, looking at the rubble and imagining that a few short weeks ago, those piles of busted-up concrete and steel were "Baseball's Cathedral," as the Yankees and MLB so often proclaimed it in its last year, is nauseating. It's kind of like a car wreck though, once you've seen it, you can't look away. At this point I just hope they do a nice job with the park, and take care of it so it doesn't look like a dump in 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• giantsean
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
    I believe Gary is right. I got some pics of it last sunday. I'll have to see if they add anything to this thread. It was so sad standing there on the roof of the parking lot telling my son my life long dream was to sit at a game inside that stadium with him and tell him all about the great things that happened there. I know he couldn't fully comprehend the meaning of what I was saying, but in that quiet still air and us being alone with that last peice of the Stadium bearing witness to my words, I wanted it said. And it felt very meaningful. It felt like closure.

After a brief moment of silence the two of us walked over to my car. He took my hand and said "daddy, I have to poop". Thank God I had the emergency potty with me.
    Alternatively, NYS has someone who will get that for you... for a price.

Leave a comment:

• Aviator_Frank
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that because it's the closest part of the stadium to apartments,
    or its proximity to the elevated 4 tracks?

Leave a comment:

• Maxlugar
    replied
    I believe Gary is right. I got some pics of it last sunday. I'll have to see if they add anything to this thread. It was so sad standing there on the roof of the parking lot telling my son my life long dream was to sit at a game inside that stadium with him and tell him all about the great things that happened there. I know he couldn't fully comprehend the meaning of what I was saying, but in that quiet still air and us being alone with that last peice of the Stadium bearing witness to my words, I wanted it said. And it felt very meaningful. It felt like closure.

After a brief moment of silence the two of us walked over to my car. He took my hand and said "daddy, I have to poop". Thank God I had the emergency potty with me.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    The only thing I can think of is that because it's the closest part of the stadium to apartments, they need to be extra careful in terms of... what, I don't know, but I'd guess making sure there no asbestos particles or other harmful materials someone might breathe in. Maybe they won't pull this last piece down, but instead just dismantle it piecemeal.

Although when they pulled down the last part of the upper deck, they pulled it down just like they did the rest of the upper deck...

and nobody seemed worried about the proximity to residential structures then...

but on the other hand, they did have the rest of the stadium to serve as a barrier... this time, they wouldn't.

Reasonable? Or am I just rambling, and y'all put up with it because you love my pictures?

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Pardon my ignorance, but I haven't been here in a while, it makes me sick looking at it every day. That last section, that I believe is the end section of the right field grandstand(?), is someone getting off on dangling it at us like a piece of meat to a starving dog, then tossing it aside just to watch the reaction, or is there a sensible reason why it remains?

Leave a comment:

• brooklyndodger14
    replied
    Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
    I was secretly hoping that the ghost of Babe Ruth, aka; The Curse of the Bambino, would spin some hocus pocus and do something unworldly, like send locusts through OYS and send the destruction workers running for their lives, never to return. Since that didn't happen I suppose I'll settle for an irrate Jesus. It appears that he's in his famous pose, one hand holding his garment, the other with the two fingers raised, signifying Gate 2. Maybe he is a little fired up at that.
    Maybe it's actually the Runaway Bride as she appeared on a slice of toast on sale on eBay from 2005....

Dennis
    BrooklynDodger14
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• voodoochile
    replied
    Originally posted by doctor_gogol View Post
    Eiiiigh! Its the ghost of Jesus! Run for your life, he looks p!$$ed!

I was secretly hoping that the ghost of Babe Ruth, aka; The Curse of the Bambino, would spin some hocus pocus and do something unworldly, like send locusts through OYS and send the destruction workers running for their lives, never to return. Since that didn't happen I suppose I'll settle for an irrate Jesus. It appears that he's in his famous pose, one hand holding his garment, the other with the two fingers raised, signifying Gate 2. Maybe he is a little fired up at that.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X