Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
    Is that a real mural from the old days or are we staring at an image of Mother Teresa on a piece of toast here?
    I'd say the latter.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
      Is that a real mural from the old days or are we staring at an image of Mother Teresa on a piece of toast here?
      Either way, I'd say there are a few ghosts there. :disbelief::nosleep:

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post
        What's been destroyed so far is not part of any pre-renovation section of the Stadium. You can see this in the picture below, the bleachers were completely isolated and none of the wall that connected them to the grandstand was saved. Instead, a new one was built.

Joe D at the Stadium on 4 July, 1974.

Richard
        It looks like he is saying "What the f**k did you guys do here!"

Comment

• that picture of yankee stadium with outline of babe...i sware first time i saw that i noticed the same exact thing..very freaky

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
            Here's the Babe:
            Does look a little like "The Babe" .... though his head looks to be at least three feet high if you use the remaining frame of the outfield walls as a guage.
            ------------------------------------------
            www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
            www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
            www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Philtration View Post
              It looks like he is saying "What the f**k did you guys do here!"
              Agreed.
              "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                Does look a little like "The Babe" .... though his head looks to be at least three feet high if you use the remaining frame of the outfield walls as a guage.
                I don't think anyone thinks it looks like a scale replica of the babe - just a likeness of him

Comment

• Sorry if this is getting too far off topic, but could someone outline Babe Ruth's outline on the wall even more so it is obvious to guys like me who just aren't seeing it? Thanks - i mean, I wanna see it!
                  "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
                  - Brian Clough
                  "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
                  I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob"

- John Lennon

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasGoon View Post
                    Sorry if this is getting too far off topic, but could someone outline Babe Ruth's outline on the wall even more so it is obvious to guys like me who just aren't seeing it? Thanks - i mean, I wanna see it!
                    Here's what I see, Dallas.
                    Attached Files
                    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasGoon View Post
                      Sorry if this is getting too far off topic, but could someone outline Babe Ruth's outline on the wall even more so it is obvious to guys like me who just aren't seeing it? Thanks - i mean, I wanna see it!
                      This what I saw (or imagined) In post 954, then center of the circle look like a a portrait picture (shoulders and head with cap on), On the right edge of the circle, i see a small image of a left handed batter in an upright batter stance with a bat on his shoulder
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by dabx; 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabx View Post
                        This what I saw (or imagined) In post 954, then center of the circle look like a a portrait picture (shoulders and head with cap on), On the right edge of the circle, i see a small image of a left handed batter in an upright batter stance with a bat on his shoulder
                        wow, I really see it. Spooky. Someone shoot this off to the post! I smell a front page!

Comment

• What are you guys talking about? There is nothing there.
                          Sliding Into Home: A Yankees Blog

Comment

• Here you go ...
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

• Anyone else notice what kind of appears to be a ghostly image of former Yankee Joe DiMaggio in this picture?

(anyone else hear Jon Miller refer to "the ghost of Whitey Ford" during today's Yankees game? Whitey's still with us, Jon.)

Comment

• Originally posted by tugger View Post
                                Anyone else notice what kind of appears to be a ghostly image of former Yankee Joe DiMaggio in this picture?

(anyone else hear Jon Miller refer to "the ghost of Whitey Ford" during today's Yankees game? Whitey's still with us, Jon.)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X