• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to be sad to watch.
    sigpic
    My Mets Pictures

Comment

• I don't believe in curses but I wouldn't be shocked if the baseball gods are conspiring to punish the Yankees for this absolute travesty. I hope Yankee fans enjoy your "Legends Suites" while Yankee Stadium is being destroyed piece by piece and this team over-achieves for the 9th consecutive year. The Yankees have been an expensive and an embarrassing failure ever since that ball left Aaron Boone's bat and I don't see any end in sight. They may be good enough to win the Wild Card but this team is going absolutely no where with that bullpen. The best Yankee team since 2003 was the 2007 team simply because it's the only team they've had with a bullpen. With Joba in the rotation and the yankees continue to mess with his arm by wasting it in the starting rotation this team can't win in the playoffs because the bullpen is atrocious and I don't want Brian Bruney watching my back.

One start doesn't mean squat, but who here thinks a 300 pound slob like CC Sabathia is going to fulfill the length of his contract and be dominant throughout. There is absolutely no precdent throughout the history of baseball where a man totally out of shape has been dominant throught a long portion of his career. Wells was fat and he was good, but he was never great. Carlton, Seaver, and Ryan were good and they were all in great shape.

Who knows, maybe the baseball gods told Yankee executives to keep Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy and let the Mets acquire Santana. This is the absolute worst non-trade in the history of the franchise. Santana's a great pitcher with a great work ethic, he'll be around for a long time. Melky probably won't even be in the majors in three years, Ian Kennedy probably won't ever see a big league mound again, and Hughes, well, I'll be charitable and say that he still has potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
        I don't believe in curses but I wouldn't be shocked if the baseball gods are conspiring to punish the Yankees for this absolute travesty. I hope Yankee fans enjoy your "Legends Suites" while Yankee Stadium is being destroyed piece by piece and this team over-achieves for the 9th consecutive year. The Yankees have been an expensive and an embarrassing failure ever since that ball left Aaron Boone's bat and I don't see any end in sight. They may be good enough to win the Wild Card but this team is going absolutely no where with that bullpen. The best Yankee team since 2003 was the 2007 team simply because it's the only team they've had with a bullpen. With Joba in the rotation and the yankees continue to mess with his arm by wasting it in the starting rotation this team can't win in the playoffs because the bullpen is atrocious and I don't want Brian Bruney watching my back.

One start doesn't mean squat, but who here thinks a 300 pound slob like CC Sabathia is going to fulfill the length of his contract and be dominant throughout. There is absolutely no precdent throughout the history of baseball where a man totally out of shape has been dominant throught a long portion of his career. Wells was fat and he was good, but he was never great. Carlton, Seaver, and Ryan were good and they were all in great shape.

Who knows, maybe the baseball gods told Yankee executives to keep Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy and let the Mets acquire Santana. This is the absolute worst non-trade in the history of the franchise. Santana's a great pitcher with a great work ethic, he'll be around for a long time. Melky probably won't even be in the majors in three years, Ian Kennedy probably won't ever see a big league mound again, and Hughes, well, I'll be charitable and say that he still has potential.
        Oh please! Stop!:silent:

The REAL Yankee Stadium was destroyed when they renovated it.

As far as the rest of your post, that has nothing to do with RYS being demolished which is what this thread is about.

Comment

• Agreed. This thread is going to be long enough without clogging it with non-demo stuff. That belongs on the Yankee team thread. If there were to be ghosts haunting this demolition, you've got to bring up Col. Jacob Ruppert's name. He was the person with the fantastic judgement that made the Yankees what they are to this day. Without him, this may have just been another moderately successful franchise playing in a somewhat forgettable baseball park.

Comment

• If the Yankees had been winning the last 7 years stadium critics like me wouldn't have a leg to stand in. Instead, the front office has become an expensive propaganda machine that is using the past to justify the exorbitant prices they are charging and this is why my stadium criticism bothers the Yankee zealots who drink the expensive kool-aid that Randy Levine and Lonn Trost serve.

The Yankees are the Yankees because of Yankee Stadium. Yankee Stadium is bigger than Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle and anyone who thinks they can transfer that magic across the street into a generic HOK boondoggle is crazy. Brian Cashman wouldn't be able to buy crap like Kei Igawa, and then buy crap like Jaret Wright if not for Yankee Stadium.

Call me crazy but I think the Babe brought the Red Sox back in 2004 because he was mad that his house was on its death bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
              If the Yankees had been winning the last 7 years stadium critics like me wouldn't have a leg to stand in. Instead, the front office has become an expensive propaganda machine that is using the past to justify the exorbitant prices they are charging and this is why my stadium criticism bothers the Yankee zealots who drink the expensive kool-aid that Randy Levine and Lonn Trost serve.

The Yankees are the Yankees because of Yankee Stadium. Yankee Stadium is bigger than Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle and anyone who thinks they can transfer that magic across the street into a generic HOK boondoggle is crazy. Brian Cashman wouldn't be able to buy crap like Kei Igawa, and then buy crap like Jaret Wright if not for Yankee Stadium.

Call me crazy but I think the Babe brought the Red Sox back in 2004 because he was mad that his house was on its death bed.
              If you believe that, then yes, you are crazy.
              Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, and rum. He will come.

Comment

• Hello all,

To anyone and everyone reading this; if you are interested in helping in any way that you can, or are interested in knowing what can be done to help, please PM me at your earliest discretion.

I would appreciate from any of you and I look forward to hearing from you if you are interested. Plans are being thought up right now, and we need all of the help we can get if anything is to be done.

I know there are some of you that will despise our very attempts, but please take the following into consideration... you cannot fault us for trying to do what is right in our eyes. Yes chances came and went, but there is still a chance to do something about it and while that chance is present, we intend to do all we can.

So if, for ANY reason you want to help, please, PM me and we can talk further. If you are nervous about it or anything, please let me know. We just want everyone's help to do all we can.

I'll end this plea with the images below. Being from Phoenix, Arizona it is a bit hard to see something as meaningful as The House That Ruth Built and it is perhaps for that reason that it means so much to me that something be saved. However, on November 3rd, 2008 - after the final baseball season for Yankee Stadium came to an end, I saw it for the first time in my (so far) young life. I'll never know what the roar of fans sounded like and what watching the ball sail over the fence looked like here, but I have these few memories. I would like there to be at least something left the next time I go to 161st St and River Ave.

Below is my reaction to seeing one of the gates that is now destroyed being open and being able to see inside and also my. initial reaction after walking through the tunnel the first time

Richard

*This post is a duplicate that is being posted in both the Yankee Stadium Demolition thread as well as the Saving Yankee Stadium thread.

Comment

• So I take it they are NOT going to be filming a movie this summer at RYS?
                  NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                  Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                  Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• On the morning of October 2, 1978 if anybody told you that Bucky Dent would hit a 3 run homer in the Playoff game in a couple hours most would've said you're crazy.

I know a lot of Red Sox fans who felt all the curse BS had some merit to it.

Comment

• Ugh Makes me sick. I understand the whole park land thing but god does New York City not remember the history of this stadium. They gotta leave some part of it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I can only imagine what they will find under the main structure that hasn't been disturbed since 1923. This is more like an historical dig then a demolition.

I can only hope that Citi Field some day has half the history as the true cathedral of baseball. It's a real shame to see this monument torn down and I'm a Mets fan!

They really should preserve the lower (original) field sections from dugout to dugout.
                        Last edited by metfan61; 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• There wouldn't be a problem with parkland if the Yankees didn't insist on building so many parking garages. Most guys who read this site frequent Stan's and the bowling alley and other surrounding areas but there's a wealthy segment of the Yankee fan base that is afraid of the Bronx and by building so many parking garages so close to the new stadium the Yankees are doing their best to shield these folk$ from as much of the Bronx as they possibly can.

Comment

• Isn't the city building the parking garages? They own them, and will receive all profits.

Comment

• Originally posted by eatabagel View Post
                              ....I guess they will tear down the bleacher section first so that they have room to get trucks in and out.
                              The bleachers are the simplest Stadium elements in terms of hard structure:

Scoreboard: Exterior facing panels, ad panels, matrix boards, wiring, the fascade and flagpoles surrounding a girder frame.

Bleachers: Seating and anchors, restroom and commissary facilities, lighting and plumbing. Those can be demolished the quickest.

It will be interesting to see how they address the dismantling of the Upper Deck and the removal of the back row extentions and the cabling since there are no more pillars to rely upon as they work.

Dennis
                              BrooklynDodger14

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyndodger14 View Post
                                It will be interesting to see how they address the dismantling of the Upper Deck and the removal of the back row extentions and the cabling since there are no more pillars to rely upon as they work.

Dennis
                                BrooklynDodger14
                                They'll have to work towards the middle.. tier box and top tier reserved rows first keeping the balance centered

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X