Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monument
    replied
    On the Nat Geo sites I found showtimes for Europe, Asia and South Africa but nothing in the US. Makes sense. Also, I don't think that they were there for the entire demo. A Turner employee told me that they were told to leave right around the middle of the job.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Originally posted by a-rod13 View Post
    in Australia, we had a documentary about the demo of Yankee Stadium on National Geographic
    Oh I heard about National Geographic doing a documentary about the demolition, but it was for Australians or did we just miss when National Geographic was going to air the documentary in the US?

EDIT: I found it on their website and is going to be on again next Wednesday at 9 PM, but when I go to set my DVR it doesn't say it will be on then. Ugh.....
    Last edited by quagmire; 12-08-2010, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• a-rod13
    replied
    Originally posted by quagmire View Post
    What documentary?
    in Australia, we had a documentary about the demo of Yankee Stadium on National Geographic

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Originally posted by a-rod13 View Post
    just watched the doco on the demo of the Stadium very interesting but also hard to watch
    What documentary?

Leave a comment:

• a-rod13
    replied
    just watched the doco on the demo of the Stadium very interesting but also hard to watch

Leave a comment:

• OllieNYY
    replied
    Brandon Steiner is a nice guy, spent a very pleasant afternoon at Yankee Stadium with him and have been a customer of Steiner's since their partnerships with the Yankees. Yes it's not perfect but I am very appreciative to get ahold of the memorabilia they offer. I think they did a good job offering the items for sale from the old Stadium, just as MeiGrey did with Shea. Memorabilia is a big business and someone has to cater with it.

Leave a comment:

• dabigyankeeman
    replied
    Interesting reading, thanks for that link Gary.

Note that i am a big baseball card collector, and collect some memorabilia too, so it was really interesting to me.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Remember this?

Brandon Steiner... it's the day before you are about to sign the deal to take down Yankee Stadium. What are you thinking about?

To see what he says, click here and go to page 4 of the PDF document. (Advisory: the PDF looks to have been produced by Steiner, so it may not be as objective as one would like... but it's still interesting reading.)

Leave a comment:

• shaneslatts
    replied
    If a Baseball Player ever deserved a monument outside a stadium... a monument that would be grander then ANY other players monument in any other city, that player would HAVE to be Babe Ruth....

New Yankee Stadium should have such a monument

QUOTE=Gary Dunaier;1810879]Preserving one legend, eradicating another...

(Photo taken October 24, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

"The House That Ruth Built..."

(Photo taken October 24, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

...no longer stands.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
    Again, I'm relaying what seem to be the intentions of the combined powers that be regarding the very replacement of YS itself - not my own sentiments. And it is important that the target audience of these attempts to delude - those Yankee/general baseball fans not yet out of their teens - explore this site and learn the TRUTH. It's all here, on B-F. And neither the Mayor, the City, nor the Yanks themselves can dispute what's on here, even if they do replace everything on that former YS site down to the sidewalks!
    Preserving one legend, eradicating another...

"The House That Ruth Built..."

...no longer stands.

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    Originally posted by stadiumbuilder View Post
    Yes. Or did it? www.stadiumbuilder.com
    Again, I'm relaying what seem to be the intentions of the combined powers that be regarding the very replacement of YS itself - not my own sentiments. And it is important that the target audience of these attempts to delude - those Yankee/general baseball fans not yet out of their teens - explore this site and learn the TRUTH. It's all here, on B-F. And neither the Mayor, the City, nor the Yanks themselves can dispute what's on here, even if they do replace everything on that former YS site down to the sidewalks!

Leave a comment:

• stadiumbuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
    Exactly. Remember: *Nothing Significant Took Place* on the land in those photographs!
    Yes. Or did it? www.stadiumbuilder.com

Leave a comment:

• stadiumbuilder
    replied
    Yes, a very bad but intentional pun!

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Nice job again, Gary. But you shouldn't have mentioned that gate 2 flagpole. Now that it's been brought to their attention they'll probably be yanking it out of the ground and grinding it up today.
    huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh

you said "yanking it out"

huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    Nice job again, Gary. But you shouldn't have mentioned that gate 2 flagpole. Now that it's been brought to their attention they'll probably be yanking it out of the ground and grinding it up today.
    Exactly. Remember: *Nothing Significant Took Place* on the land in those photographs!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X