Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob_Welch View Post
    Wouldn't you wear an opposing teams hat for millions of dollars?
    I think the Billy Crystal controversy has infected every thread. This was discussed months ago. For $1M I'd wear a Red Sox hat and bury an Ortiz jersey in my basement. Enough with this sillyness.

Comment

In the words of WWE Hall of Famer, Stone Cold Steve Austin, OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's not enough booze, money or women to give me for me to wear a Red Sox or Mets hat or jersey. Guess what? Back in high school, there was this teacher at my school. He was a huge Mets fan. If he saw someone in the building wearing a Yankee hat, he'd take their hat away from them. To get the hat back, they had to wear a Mets hat and let him take their picture. He took my hat once, I told him to..........................how can I make this "family friendly"? I can't think of any way, so I cursed him out, there was a Modell's accross the street from the school, and I went and bought myself a new Yankee hat. You know why? I'll never be caught dead or alive wearing a Mets hat or a Red Sox hat or a Red Sox or Mets jersey.

Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
      For $1M I'd wear a Red Sox hat and bury an Ortiz jersey in my basement. Enough with this sillyness.
      I don't think you're a true fan. A true fan doesn't do stuff like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
        There's not enough booze, money or women to give me for me to wear a Red Sox or Mets hat or jersey.
        I will give you fifteen (15) cents if you wear a NEW YORK ISLANDERS jersey in public. It has to be the one with the fisherman logo, though.

I will give you an additional ten (10) cents, above and beyond the fifteen (15) cents offered in the preceding paragraph, for a grand total of twenty-five (25) cents, if, while wearing the NEW YORK ISLANDERS jersey with the fisherman logo, you publicly carried around a great big sign, bigger than the signs Freddy "Sez" carries around, saying BILLY CRYSTAL IS A GREAT ACTOR in huge red letters. However you do not have to actually believe that Billy Crystal is a great actor if you do not think he is, you just have to publicly carry the great big sign with the words on it in public where all people can see.

The above offer is made to jimmyjimjimz only.
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Included in ticket plan

Is the view of the demolition included in the cost of the Legends Suites tickets? Or do they have to pay extra to watch the stadium be demolished?

More importantly, who bought the sod? What did that cost? The aerial photos show a very organized removal of the grass surface.

Comment

• The Coliseum And The Old Days

Thanks for the humor and sarcasm that my "Coliseum" comment inspired...I love it.

To "metfan13"...yeah, but at least the Coliseum is still standing.

To "Pinstripes"...along with everything else, make the PA announcer use a megaphone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
              I will give you fifteen (15) cents if you wear a NEW YORK ISLANDERS jersey in public. It has to be the one with the fisherman logo, though.

I will give you an additional ten (10) cents, above and beyond the fifteen (15) cents offered in the preceding paragraph, for a grand total of twenty-five (25) cents, if, while wearing the NEW YORK ISLANDERS jersey with the fisherman logo, you publicly carried around a great big sign, bigger than the signs Freddy "Sez" carries around, saying BILLY CRYSTAL IS A GREAT ACTOR in huge red letters. However you do not have to actually believe that Billy Crystal is a great actor if you do not think he is, you just have to publicly carry the great big sign with the words on it in public where all people can see.

The above offer is made to jimmyjimjimz only.

lol

no thanks

Speaking of the old Islanders fisherman logo and "fishsticks" (remember when they first came out with that logo? Everyone started chanting "fishsticks" at the games) did anyone see South Park on Wednesday?

Comment

• Yeah, I did. The Cartman and Jimmy's fishsticks joke, right? Oh, and yeah, it's heart breaking to see the old stadium go...
                "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
                - Brian Clough
                "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
                I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob"

- John Lennon

Comment

In the words of WWE Hall of Famer, Stone Cold Steve Austin, OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's not enough booze, money or women to give me for me to wear a Red Sox or Mets hat or jersey. Guess what? Back in high school, there was this teacher at my school. He was a huge Mets fan. If he saw someone in the building wearing a Yankee hat, he'd take their hat away from them. To get the hat back, they had to wear a Mets hat and let him take their picture. He took my hat once, I told him to..........................how can I make this "family friendly"? I can't think of any way, so I cursed him out, there was a Modell's accross the street from the school, and I went and bought myself a new Yankee hat. You know why? I'll never be caught dead or alive wearing a Mets hat or a Red Sox hat or a Red Sox or Mets jersey.

I don't think you're a true fan. A true fan doesn't do stuff like that.

I'm a huge Yankee fan. I have about 4 Mets jerseys and 2 Redsox jerseys. I have about 70 jerseys, they all can't be Yankee jerseys. I have 17 Yankee jerseys I made myself. How many do you have?
                  Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                    I'm a huge Yankee fan. I have about 4 Mets jerseys and 2 Redsox jerseys. I have about 70 jerseys, they all can't be Yankee jerseys. I have 17 Yankee jerseys I made myself. How many do you have?
                    1. Who the hell makes their own clothes? That's kinda weird.

2. You're also like 90 years older than me. You actually have the money to buy zillions of jerseys. I've been unemployed for basically a year and a half. I don't have that much money to spend on jerseys.

3. If you really wanna know how many jerseys I got, I got 10, and theyre all Yankee jerseys.

Originally posted by DallasGoon View Post
                    Yeah, I did. The Cartman and Jimmy's fishsticks joke, right? Oh, and yeah, it's heart breaking to see the old stadium go...
                    Yeah, and Kayne West, or whatever his name is. I love that Matt and Trey finally made fun of him. I can't stand him.
                    Last edited by jimmyjimjimz; 04-10-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• We are soooo far off topic here it's not funny

Comment

Exactly, especially if it's just for a movie roll, or some other fictional roll where you're not playing YOU.

Anyone who says that they they wouldn't is either lying, or stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

jimijimjimz should also have to sing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoAzymQ6hk0

God, i'm an Isles fan but the first time i saw this I had to put my head in a bag for 3 days.
                          sigpic

Comment

You are an utter embarrassment. I feel bad for Yankee fans who have to associate themselves with you. You type about high school, but seem to not even reach it.
                            If you are such a real fan, people would know that and you should be comfortable in your own belief that you are a fan. I know for a fact that I am a Mets fan, and noting will sway me away from it. I have no problem in a Yankee hat, knowing full well I don't believe I am a Yankee fan. The Jersey shouldn't make you who you are. That screams insecurity.

Comment

No, sorry, that's not what I'm thinking.

Back when I was in high school, some weirdo who claims to be a Yankee fan even though he wore a Mets hat in a movie, I think his name is Wilma Crystal, made a movie for HBO called 61 star (*) I don't know what that is, so I call it a star. Anyway, it was about Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris, and they filmed it at Tiger Stadium for some reason, and a ghost of Babe Ruth threw a chair on the field.

Billy Crystal is an actor, but he also made the movie "61*" for HBO. Yes, he wore a Mets cap in the movie "City Slickers." He was also part owner of the Diamondbacks and has a 2001 W.S. ring from them.
                              -Ryan

Comment

• I was around NYS yesterday and the place looks great. Classy!!! And after gazing at the beautiful new palace with the team store and the Hard Rock pretty much jammed packed, I saw this sad sight:

Oh. Jimmy Jimz-HOW'S MARRIED LIFE. It must be tough starting out in life with your wife and being unemployed for over 1 1/2 years?!?!?Hmmmmmmm.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Cool Papa B.; 04-11-2009, 06:37 AM.
                                Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
                                Ernest Hemingway
                                “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X