Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I was around NYS yesterday and the place looks great. Classy!!! And after gazing at the beautiful new palace with the team store and the Hard Rock pretty much jammed packed, I saw this sad sight:
    Time heals all wounds.

Comment

Oh. Jimmy Jimz-HOW'S MARRIED LIFE. It must be tough starting out in life with your wife and being unemployed for over 1 1/2 years?!?!?Hmmmmmmm.
      I'm still trying to decide whether this dude is one of the greatest trolls of all time, or what his deal is. Either way the name "Billy Crystal" should be banned from this site, so people don't have to scroll through 3 pages of argument about whether or not he's a "true fan" every couple weeks or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
        1. Who the hell makes their own clothes? That's kinda weird.

2. You're also like 90 years older than me. You actually have the money to buy zillions of jerseys. I've been unemployed for basically a year and a half. I don't have that much money to spend on jerseys.

3. If you really wanna know how many jerseys I got, I got 10, and theyre all Yankee jerseys.

Come on you guys Jimmyjimjimz is cool.

Jimz I'm only 44 but I enjoy sewing the jerseys I make. If I could, I would make the actual jersey with material but it's easier to buy a blank jersey and put the logos, letters and numbers on.

I'm married also so you know I'm not rich. I also work for the Postal Service. What does that tell you?
        Last edited by cgcoyne2; 04-11-2009, 09:58 AM.
        Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarcianoNY View Post
          I'm still trying to decide whether this dude is one of the greatest trolls of all time, or what his deal is. Either way the name "Billy Crystal" should be banned from this site, so people don't have to scroll through 3 pages of argument about whether or not he's a "true fan" every couple weeks or so.
          best thing to do is ignore the guy.
          Today I Consider Myself the Luckiest Man on the Face of this Earth...

“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They says his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand...”
          Ernest Hemingway
          “The Old Man and the Sea”

sigpic

Comment

• Brighter:

Last edited by SultanOfWhat; 04-12-2009, 08:24 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh. Jimmy Jimz-HOW'S MARRIED LIFE. It must be tough starting out in life with your wife and being unemployed for over 1 1/2 years?!?!?Hmmmmmmm.

Actually, married life is great. My wife has a great job. She works for her father. I would tell you what she does, but that's personal, and I don't give personal information over the computer. And you don't think I saved any money from when I was working?

Originally posted by reh303 View Post
              Billy Crystal is an actor, but he also made the movie "61*" for HBO. Yes, he wore a Mets cap in the movie "City Slickers." He was also part owner of the Diamondbacks and has a 2001 W.S. ring from them.
              ok so you're saying Wilma Crystal owns the Arizona Diamondbacks? So in 2001, she was rooting against her "very favorite team since childhood"? See, right there is proof that Wilma Crystal isn't a Yankee fan.
              Last edited by jimmyjimjimz; 04-11-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

ok so you're saying Wilma Crystal owns the Arizona Diamondbacks? So in 2001, she was rooting against her "very favorite team since childhood"? See, right there is proof that Wilma Crystal isn't a Yankee fan.
                jimmyjimjimz you need to learn how to separate the personal from the financial. Also she is a partial owner Which means he probably owns like 5% of the Diamondbacks.
                Last edited by atdy17; 04-11-2009, 01:33 PM.
                Born, raise and living in Flushing since 93.

Comment

• Originally posted by atdy17 View Post
                  jimmyjimjimz you need to learn how to separate the personal from the financial. Also he is a partial owner Which means he probably owns like 5% of the Diamondbacks.
                  But owner means she owns. Even if it's just 5%, she still owns the team.

Anyway, let's stop talking about this. It's getting stupid. The honest only reason I brought her up again, was because someone mentioned a movie with Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle.

Comment

• JJJ you had a great streak of about 5 or 6 days where your posts were almost 100% baseball-relevent. then you blew it when somebody nonchalantly mentioned 61* and your billy crystal apprehension came back. i thought you might have turned over a new leaf, please get back to talking baseball so people dont get upset at the off-topic rants you tend to have!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Can we PLEASE STOP WITH THE BILLY CRYSTAL rant!!!! :hissyfit:

Comment

And you don't think I saved any money from when I was working?
                        No I don't.

I think you saved money by switching over to GEICO.
                        X
                        What's THAT guy doing?
                        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• It was fun lurking this thread for many months as I have great interest in the demolition of Yankee Stadium. But I don't give a sh*t about jimzjimjomamawhatever's high school teacher, what he thinks of Billy Crystal, what jersey's he has, where he does (or doesn't work), or the proximity of a Modell's to his school and the thread gets back to things like timelines, photos, laments, and possible permanent memorials. Too bad you still see what the only person on your ignore list has to say when somebody else quotes them. Wake me when this is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernard Shakey View Post
                            It was fun lurking this thread for many months as I have great interest in the demolition of Yankee Stadium. But I don't give a sh*t about jimzjimjomamawhatever's high school teacher, what he thinks of Billy Crystal, what jersey's he has, where he does (or doesn't work), or the proximity of a Modell's to his school and the thread gets back to things like timelines, photos, laments, and possible permanent memorials. Too bad you still see what the only person on your ignore list has to say when somebody else quotes them. Wake me when this is over.
                            "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                              ..... And the Romans have REALLY let the place go to pot, too!
                              You'd THINK they could have slapped a coat of paint on it within the last 500 years, or so?!
                              CMON, GUYS!! (kidding)
                              Well, since RichieA13 posted a pic of the OC (Original Colosseum), I thought it was time to go to the BBF archives and bring back a pic of the RC (Renovated Colosseum)!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernard Shakey View Post
                                It was fun lurking this thread for many months as I have great interest in the demolition of Yankee Stadium. But I don't give a sh*t about jimzjimjomamawhatever's high school teacher, what he thinks of Billy Crystal, what jersey's he has, where he does (or doesn't work), or the proximity of a Modell's to his school and the thread gets back to things like timelines, photos, laments, and possible permanent memorials. Too bad you still see what the only person on your ignore list has to say when somebody else quotes them. Wake me when this is over.
                                Amen to that.

I've posted on message boards for almost 10 years now. Him, WEB/IPO, and CoreyNYC are the first people I've ever really used the ignore list on (I did have it on one poster on NYYFans.com but he stopped posting soon thereafeter). I think that says something.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X