No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope that you guys succeed. Your proposal looks amazing.
    Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, and rum. He will come.

Comment

• Excellent work, Gordon. This is going to be a turning point.

Comment

• Yes! I'm rooting for you all from out here in Denver. Excellent research and presentation! Wish you all the best . . . it would be a crying shame that if kids who are 5 years old now, don't have some remnance of OYS 30 . . . 40 . . .50 years from now. Just imagine how wonderful it might have been had they saved a very small portion from Polo Grounds, Ebbets, Shibe or any of the other shrines we speak of here with affection today on BBF.

Comment

• Terrific idea -- and can we please stop the Jocelyn Wildenstein posts, gonna give me nightmares.

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
            Good job, Gordon! This is very helpful. Thanks so much.

Comment

• A few photos from yesterday...

(Photo taken April 25, 2009. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

The last photo is looking directly above the new ballpark's Gate 6 entrance.
              X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Gehr, thanks for picking up the slack.
                No one can make you
                Do what they want to
                You know you're stronger
                Than the lies
                That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                  A few photos from yesterday...

The last photo is looking directly above the new ballpark's Gate 6 entrance.
                  Excellent images Gary. How did you get up there to snap those images? Arent the Yanks on the road?

Comment

• Inspector GARY

Originally posted by babalou View Post
                    Excellent images Gary. How did you get up there to snap those images? Arent the Yanks on the road?

They are.
                    This is how Gary got those pictures yesterday!
                    Attached Files
                    ------------------------------------------
                    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Dear Friends,

I just saw the site. What a great job!!!!!!!!! Gate 2 takes up almost no space in the park. And, it would certainly add a unique characteristic that no other park has.

Here's a couple of ideas. Can anyone get on Good Morning America or one of those morning programs with the Save The Gate campaign? Or does anyone know anyone in advertising that can possibly donate a month or so on any billboards for the campaign? Lots of cars travel on the Long Island Expressway and other major roads in the NYC area.

How about having brochures on tables at baseball card shows?

Gary - WONDERFUL PHOTOS AS ALWAYS!!!!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!!!
                      You look good as Mister Gadget. Now we know your secret.

Oh, how I wish I was in New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike Wagner

Comment

• I'm guessing Gary was able to get these shots because he was at The Joel Osteen Ministries event yesterday at NYS...correct?
                        "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
                        - Brian Clough
                        "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
                        I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob"

- John Lennon

Comment

• Where does the red come from, then?

Originally posted by DaBigMotor View Post
                          Disagree.

For one thing, the changes are rather subtle. The second, is...what's with the aqua blue?
                          Its makes the logo stand out more with the aqua blue. If you are going to ask where the blue comes from, you must ask where the red comes from!! Red is not part of the Yankee colors, is it?
                          Last edited by locke40; 04-26-2009, 01:59 PM. Reason: Is it?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                            Its makes the logo stand out more with the aqua blue. If you are going to ask where the blue comes from, you must ask where the red comes from!! Red is not part of the Yankee colors, is it?
                            While red is not part of the Yankee uniform today, they did use it as a secondary color in their team jackets in the 40's & 50's, which is around the same timeframe that the top-hat logo came into existance.
                            Also, a "YANKEE" is a northerner, (an American) ..... thus red, white & blue.

Quick history lesson:
                            The top hat logo was created by Henry Alonzo Keller, an artist.
                            According to his New York Times obituary from 1995:

"Mr. Keller, who was known as Lon, created the Yankee emblem just after World War II, when the Yankees and other teams began to rely more on advertising to lure a prosperous public suddenly free of the hardships of war. The emblem first appeared on the 1947 spring training roster and was on the cover of the World Series program that year, when the Yankees met the Brooklyn Dodgers".
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by RichieA13; 04-26-2009, 05:05 PM.
                            www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                            www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                            www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Tribute to Stadium & Babe Ruth - Event at Foley's

As previously mentioned here, this event will take place at Foley's (18 W. 33rd St. in NY) starting at 11 AM on Monday, 4/27. Mark Healey will be broadcasting his “Baseball Digest LIVE” Internet Radio show from 11 AM to 1 PM. The links below provides information about the show.

http://baseballdigest.com/featured/2...live-the-babe/

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/station...ll-Digest-Live

I will be there and will discuss our "Save the Yankee Gate 2" proposal with Mark Healey for a few minutes, although the main theme of the show will be the tribute to Yankee Stadium's 86 years and performance of songs dedicated to the Babe. His granddaughter, Linda Trosetti will be there.

Looking forward to this event and hope to see some of you there.

Regards,
                              Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                                That part of the scoreboard - directly below the speaker tower, where they had the lineups, ball-strike-out count and the Duane Reade ad on top - never had the frieze.

See the picture in post #1223.
                                Or, now you can see this photo I took Saturday, especially for this very thread.

(Photo taken April 25, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
                                X
                                What's THAT guy doing?
                                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X