No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've said this before, but after looking at those pictures: Old Yankee Stadium puts Fenway Park to SHAME! You can't even compare the two.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees12 View Post
      I love upper deck seats - they're cheap, and they give a great view of the action. Nothing's better than sitting in the upper deck, if you ask me.
      I'm with you there.

In Chicago it's all about sitting in the outfield (on both sides of town) and I don't get it.

People give me a funny look when I tell them my seats are in the UD but when I take them to a game they agree that it's awesome:

Comment

• Does anyone know if they've removed the grass at Yankee Stadium?

My wife said she heard it somewhere but I don't believe it. She doesn't want me to go to Yankee Stadium for the tour one last time. I want to get on the field this time. Last time it was raining and we weren't allowed on the field.

Anyinfo is appreciated. Thanks all.
        Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• grass and dirt are still there...i took the tour yesterday morning. I also asked if they would be adding more tour dates into the winter and he said that since they'll be removing the monuments in the beginning of november, that its done after this month.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly85MVP View Post
            grass and dirt are still there...i took the tour yesterday morning. I also asked if they would be adding more tour dates into the winter and he said that since they'll be removing the monuments in the beginning of november, that its done after this month.

Thanks Matt
            Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

....they'll be removing the monuments in the beginning of november....
              Most of you know I'm not getting all weepy about the move to NYS, but I have to admit that phrase stopped me in my tracks for a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankies4life View Post
                But I guess the only real thing Ill miss about the stadium is the history. Besides that, Im sick of cramped isles
                fixable.

always bumping into people just to move along in the tier section.
                fixable.

Heck, if you walk by the third base side of the stadium, the padded seats are all torn up.
                fixable.

The history will be tough to replace, but in the end, I know that 10, 15 years from now, I'll hopefully be taking my son to the New Stadium and creating memories there.
                Now, is this waiting for the son, or for the investments to mature so you can afford a ticket?

There's still no need to tear down YS, and this comes from a Sox fan.
                http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean O View Post
                  fixable.
                  The leg room (the "cramped isles" I believe the poster was referring to) is not even slightly fixable. 100% impossible to fix. Unless, that is, you plan on tearing the entire stadium down. There's absoultely no other way to take care of that.

Now, is this waiting for the son, or for the investments to mature so you can afford a ticket?
                  I'm so sick of hearing the hyperbole when it comes to the cost at new YS. Bleachers will still be $12. Tier seating will still be $20 to $30. It may be harder to get a ticket, but it's not going to be insanely more expensive to see a game. Definitely not any more expensive or harder to come by than an average Fenway ticket.
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Rangers
                  New York Giants

Comment

grass and dirt are still there...i took the tour yesterday morning. I also asked if they would be adding more tour dates into the winter and he said that since they'll be removing the monuments in the beginning of november, that its done after this month.
                    Hey Matt,

I got my ticket for next week.

Are you allowed to take some dirt from the field? Do you even get to walk on the warning track at all?

Do they still have that stupid ass rule about not allowing video cameras?

Also, any pictures inside the clubhouse (locker)?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Check this out. It was a private message sent back to me by Mattingly85MVP:

Hey Matt,

I got my ticket for next week.

Are you allowed to take some dirt from the field?
                      - Nope, actually, before you enter the stadium, the security guards brief everyone on line about what they can and can't do....one of the rules is that you can't bend down and take dirt or grass. They even say that if you do , they WILL eject you from the tour.

Do you even get to walk on the warning track at all?
                      -Yes, they bring you to monument park, then walk from the bullpen on the warning track down the left field line, and down to the dug out.

Do they still have that stupid ass rule about not allowing video cameras?
                      - No video cameras allowed unfortunately, I actually took some video with a really nice camera of the exterior of the stadium...just walked around the stadium documenting it, and then shot some of the new stadium's exterior.

Also, any pictures inside the clubhouse (locker)?
                      -Another thing you can't do on the tour that they go over at the beginning of the tour, which was surprising because there's really nothing left in the clubhouse except some boxes and some equipment. When I went last Saturday, they made everyone shut their cameras off and put them away while in the club house. Maybe by the time you go next week, the clubhouse will be completely empty and they'll allow everyone to take pictures, but I doubt it.

But it was worth every penny. I took the tour twice this year and took over a thousand pictures total.

Like I told Mattingly, the Yankee Brass absolutely SUCKS!!!!!
                      Last edited by cgcoyne2; 10-22-2008, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                        Check this out. It was a private message sent back to me by Mattingly85MVP:

Are you allowed to take some dirt from the field?
                        - Nope, actually, before you enter the stadium, the security guards brief everyone on line about what they can and can't do....one of the rules is that you can't bend down and take dirt or grass. They even say that if you do , they WILL eject you from the tour.
                        It might be worth it!!!!!

(Unless they also confiscate the dirt... )
                        X
                        What's THAT guy doing?
                        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                          It might be worth it!!!!!

(Unless they also confiscate the dirt... )
                          If 10/31 is the LAST tour date, why do they insist on not taking some dirt? When the cranes come in they will just tear the whole field up, just like Shea!

Comment

• I think its the dumbest policy...one of a million that the yankees have. I think their biggest problem with people taking dirt and grass is that they would sell the stuff on ebay and the Yankees wouldn't get a piece of that money. But it does ruin it for those of us that want a relic/remembrance of the old stadium
                            sigpic

Comment

I think its the dumbest policy...one of a million that the yankees have. I think their biggest problem with people taking dirt and grass is that they would sell the stuff on ebay and the Yankees wouldn't get a piece of that money. But it does ruin it for those of us that want a relic/remembrance of the old stadium
                              What about taking the tour with a roll of double sided tape in your pocket? Just before going out on the track you apply the tape to the bottom of your shoes. Then scrape the residue into your conveniently placed plastic bag. Bwa-ha-ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                                What about taking the tour with a roll of double sided tape in your pocket? Just before going out on the track you apply the tape to the bottom of your shoes. Then scrape the residue into your conveniently placed plastic bag. Bwa-ha-ha!
                                Or build in a scooper on the front of your soles on an old pair of sneakers. You just have to drag your feet a couple times and voila!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X