Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
    How do you know theyre not labeling the boxes? I think more than likely theyre labeling the boxes. And maybe they gotta get the seats out by a certian date.
    I'm pretty sure they are labeling the boxes. That's the point. Why charge extra to season ticket holders for something they're doing anyways

Comment

• Because they can.

Comment

• Every person involved in this desecration should pay for their crime. New Yorkers will look back on this as a historic horror.
        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• For some reason, I never thought this day - the day where they actually remove seats - would ever come.

They're coming up on where I saw my first Yankee game from - a little bit on the foul side of the RF pole. That'll be tough to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
            Every person involved in this desecration should pay for their crime. New Yorkers will look back on this as a historic horror.
            Its disgusting and you are right.
            I guess we should consider ourselves lucky to be able to say we were there in the glory days of the NY Yankees. Hopefully they make new memories over there but its not the same.

we can start with Stiener Sports for fueling the fire. Hope they choke on thier "aura and mistique" blood money.

what else would you expect from a bunch of lawyers

[
            Last edited by Ralphw; 05-14-2009, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
              What I want to know is does this mean there weren't any full, A, or B plan holders in 329-339 ? Because the Yankees are charging $500 more ($2000) for those people to request their specific seats. But then why are they being crated in the same box before people have had the chance to request them? But if they're all labelled properly, then why do you have to pay an extra $500?? Something's not right
              I think all the seats are being dismantled because the original seat post have lead paint and must be stripped and repainted without the seat backs/bottoms attached to the posts......and then pieced back together for the sale of the century.
              I already have a seat bottom and seat back from renovated Yankee Stadium....And ofcourse an original unrestored Yankee Stadium Grandstand seat.

I wouldn't trust a labeling system used by Steiner sports.
              Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankees12 View Post
                For some reason, I never thought this day - the day where they actually remove seats - would ever come.

They're coming up on where I saw my first Yankee game from - a little bit on the foul side of the RF pole. That'll be tough to see.
                If you think seat removal is tough Y-12, you'd might want to consider NOT following this thread from this point on. The 'horror show' you're going to see unfold over the next year or so will be a hundred fold worse! After watching Shea get taken down, both via the Shea demolition thread & on multiple occasions in person last winter, I can tell you "YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!" When you look back at today's photos later this year, when half a Stadium is standing & holes are in the upper deck .... you're going to realize that the seat removal is/was child's play to the gut wretching stuff that's on deck for all Yankee fans & Yankee Stadium fans. Yankee fans are going to need each other's support thru this process because it's going to be rough .... believe me.

PS---I noticed the Steiner "Ruth Built it ...." quote today for the first time & I also thought it was in poor taste.
                Last edited by RichieA13; 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM.
                ------------------------------------------
                www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by SultanOfWhat View Post
                  Wow, that breaks your heart. :disbelief:

Comment

• what bothers me is they seem to celebrate its demise.

I'm mean do they really understand what they are doing??

Yeah it is going to get rough alright,,,,

Its funny Back in the 90s I had a website with a registry and petition to save yankee stadium,,, Fans for Yankee Stadium

I still have all the names, That was back in the moving to NJ days.
                    I would love to be able to go in there and have free run of the place for a whole day...
                    Imagine all the nooks and crannys in that old place,
                    Last edited by Ralphw; 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• I have to say, there is something cosmically wrong with this. As a Yankee fan, I am sickened by the idea of this place being destroyed.

That is what is happening here. Yankee Stadium is being destroyed. Not demolished. It is being destroyed by not by bulldozers and wrecking crews, but by greed, by shortsightedness, by stupidity. It is a crime against history. We, all of us, baseball fans, Yankee fans and haters alike, will live to regret this disgrace.

I've been to NYS, and it is a terrific place, but it's not THIS place. As I said to my father after the game, "I know its great, but its not the same. It's not Yankee Stadium. It just isn't."

Yankee Stadium is dying, and we are going to watch it happen, live, and in slow motion.

ba$tard$

Comment

• Calm down guys. Yogi says it'll all be fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPNNvphnU8

Comment

• I shouldn't say this but, They paid him to do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgar.Martinez View Post
                            Calm down guys. Yogi says it'll all be fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPNNvphnU8
                            If I recall correctly Yogi also said "I never played in this stadium". Referring to the renovated stadium. You kind of have to agree with him, the stadium he did play in looked a lot different and altered. The Yankee stadium he knew is kind of gone in a way.

It really sad to see the seats coming out now. Like others I would have preferred them to restore the stadium back to the pre-74 but with the modern amenties. They should have restored the gates, altered the exterior of the upper deck back to the orginal design. Bring back the roof with the frieze, lower the back wall so you could see the train line again. I think it would have been interesting to have the orginal bullpens again and bring back the huge bleacher section.

I dont even think they gave renovating the stadium even a thought. It was a new stadium or nothing.

Comment

• Wow, what nerve: "Ruth built it -- Yankees-Steiner took it down!" That is disgusting in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoonlightSinatra View Post
                                I have to say, there is something cosmically wrong with this. As a Yankee fan, I am sickened by the idea of this place being destroyed.

That is what is happening here. Yankee Stadium is being destroyed. Not demolished. It is being destroyed by not by bulldozers and wrecking crews, but by greed, by shortsightedness, by stupidity. It is a crime against history. We, all of us, baseball fans, Yankee fans and haters alike, will live to regret this disgrace.

I've been to NYS, and it is a terrific place, but it's not THIS place. As I said to my father after the game, "I know its great, but its not the same. It's not Yankee Stadium. It just isn't."

Yankee Stadium is dying, and we are going to watch it happen, live, and in slow motion.

ba$tard$
                                Something does seem (is) very wrong about all of this. How the heck did we go down this road? And where the heck did we end up? Yankee Stadium is a landmark and landmarks can't be replaced. They are considered as such because of their significance, unique qualities and place in history. The House That Ruth Built is about to become another gaping hole in American baseball history. For me personally, this particular change is not for the better. I never considered the narrow concourses, steep upper deck, sightlines or anything else to be a problem until I was told that they're problems. This is kind of like replacing a loyal and loving wife with a supermodel. It'll look like a huge upgrade, but when you've had enough of that 89 IQ, you'll find yourself talking alot about the old days.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X