Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoonlightSinatra View Post
    I have to say, there is something cosmically wrong with this. As a Yankee fan, I am sickened by the idea of this place being destroyed.

That is what is happening here. Yankee Stadium is being destroyed. Not demolished. It is being destroyed by not by bulldozers and wrecking crews, but by greed, by shortsightedness, by stupidity. It is a crime against history. We, all of us, baseball fans, Yankee fans and haters alike, will live to regret this disgrace.

I've been to NYS, and it is a terrific place, but it's not THIS place. As I said to my father after the game, "I know its great, but its not the same. It's not Yankee Stadium. It just isn't."

Yankee Stadium is dying, and we are going to watch it happen, live, and in slow motion.

ba$tard$
    Sinatra croons a sad, sad song - every word is true. Every damned one. There's a historic crime now underway in slow motion in the Bronx.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• please everyone, voice your opinion to steiner about their digusting marketing slogan for their yankee stadium sale

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi...rt?wl=55076099

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
        I think all the seats are being dismantled because the original seat post have lead paint and must be stripped and repainted without the seat backs/bottoms attached to the posts......and then pieced back together for the sale of the century.
        I already have a seat bottom and seat back from renovated Yankee Stadium....And ofcourse an original unrestored Yankee Stadium Grandstand seat.

I wouldn't trust a labeling system used by Steiner sports.
        I love that NOW they are concerned with the seats containing lead paint...I'd rather them just keep it on there, I've already suffered direct exposure to it for 22 years, who cares at that point
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue9441 View Post
          please everyone, voice your opinion to steiner about their digusting marketing slogan for their yankee stadium sale

I'm going to voice my opinion by not buying any of the dismembered stadium parts.

Comment

• I know this is somewhat off topic, but does anyone know if the signatures from fans are still on the right field foul pole, tons of people were signing it during the last home stand, including me...I wonder if it all washed away in the rain or still on there...but I'm sure the thing will be up for sale for 30,000 bucks pretty soon
            sigpic

Comment

• The way things were...

(Photo taken June 13, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

(Photo taken June 13, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

(Photo taken July 10, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
              If you've been wanting to send someone a thumbs-down, opportunity knocks! I'm now on Cameo, and I'm ready to send a personalized thumbs-down to anyone you want!

Comment

• already appreciating your photos even more, Gary.

Comment

• Will someone please tell me why that place needed to be torn down?

Is this a bad dream?

the picture at the top is beautiful.

this is really bad.

how did this happen?

no more moon shots into the black
                  Last edited by Ralphw; 05-14-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue9441 View Post
                    please everyone, voice your opinion to steiner about their digusting marketing slogan for their yankee stadium sale

done.......

Comment

• Lonn Trost, Randy Levine, Brian Cashman, George Steinbrenner and I would assume even more had offices close to home plate that overlooked the playing field.

If their offices had been relocated to the former upper deck concourse and the windows on the exterior of the stadium opened up, they could have had beautiful, sweeping reviews of Manhattan and there could have been many more luxury suites.

Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post
                        Lonn Trost, Randy Levine, Brian Cashman, George Steinbrenner and I would assume even more had offices close to home plate that overlooked the playing field.

If their offices had been relocated to the former upper deck concourse and the windows on the exterior of the stadium opened up, they could have had beautiful, sweeping reviews of Manhattan and there could have been many more luxury suites.

Richard
                        The biggest mistake in sports history ... EVER

I bet people all over the world look over here and wonder whats wrong with us.

They just killed the yankees

Comment

• Does anyone know if the seats were ever painted in the 80s or beyond because for as long as I can remember the same sun faded seats have looked the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralphw View Post
                            The biggest mistake in sports history ... EVER

I bet people all over the world look over here and wonder whats wrong with us.

They just killed the yankees
                            Although Ruth, Mantle, Dimaggio and Gehrig are the 4 biggest stars in Yankee history and I think I have the correct ranking here...the biggest star of this franchise will always be Yankee Stadium and the Yankees have lost a lot. How could they not? What would the Presidency be without the White House? What would Congress be without the Capitol? What would Mike Francesa be without his EGO?

Comment

• this is truely heartbreaking. We all knew it would come, but in some ways didn't believe it would.

It's a crime that it was renovated and stripped down in the 70's. We all regretted that. Now, they've decided to take it down.

What a tragedy.

Comment

• Wow...I'm sure by my posts you can see that I was one of the many "New Yankee Stadium Appologists." In theory, getting a new world-class facility seemed like a great idea for the Yankees. But the Yankees overlooked the big picture. They walk out of the most beautiful (this is subjective) Stadium. One of simplicity, a fortress for greatness. It may not have been as grand as the pre-renovation stadium, but it was our fort, our fortress of the "Empire." It was a raw baseball experience, with tons of seats squeezed into the small area of E 161 St. and River Ave. It faithfully served as a grand stage for the greatest team in the history of sports.

When I die, I hope the pearly gate looks like a big black and white sign saying GATE 4. (I'm not talking about the blue neon sign.) I would give 30 years of my life to walk through the tight concourses, to smell the food (no garlic fries), and to see the green patch of real estate that was the cradle of champions.

Good night Yankee Stadium, and goodbye. I will miss you, but I am glad that I had the chance to be there, in heaven on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cZOdGlIu58
                                I started balling when I saw this on opening day last year.
                                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X