Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnCropp
    • Sep 2007

Hey, check out these new photos of the demolition.

(Photo credit to Andrew Harts. Thanks to Baseball Fever for supplying them.)

Comment

• JoeDOYS
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by zellyanks91 View Post
      here ya go guys:
      You are a joke.
      www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• orioles667083
        • Oct 2008

Hey Gary, why not try to get a book published? I am sure it would make for a fascinating reading. I mean you have how many photo's in your collection?

Comment

• JoeDOYS
          • Jun 2009

Concrete Being Pulverized

Also, does anyone know the name of the demolition company who is doing this?
          Last edited by JoeDOYS; 10-06-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• The Monument
            • Feb 2007

Joe, Turner is doing the demo, same Co. that built the new Stadium.
            Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• voodoochile
              • Mar 2005

Hey, any chance that I can get credit for some of those photos, too? I mean, what the hell, everybody else is.

Comment

• Gary Dunaier
                Thumbs Down Guy/Moderator
                • Sep 2007

A couple of shots I found on Flickr... according to the photographer, they were taken last Sunday (October 4)...

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user ephworks on 10/7/09; described as having been taken October 4, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user ephworks on 10/7/09; described as having been taken October 4, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)
                My GIF has been viewed more than 377 million times!
                https://giphy.com/gifs/mlb-yankees-t...wH6yMO7ED5xc7S

Comment

• The Monument
                  • Feb 2007

I spoke to a guy from Turner before the game yesterday and he said we will see substantial demo by the end of October. A month or two ago I stated that I might be able to gain access INSIDE the Old Stadium, and it almost happened yesterday. Unfortunately there were some inspectors on site, something to do with the high winds and the netting around the outside, and it couldn't happen. But I'm optimistic that it will still become reality.
                  Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• JoeDOYS
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                    I spoke to a guy from Turner before the game yesterday and he said we will see substantial demo by the end of October. A month or two ago I stated that I might be able to gain access INSIDE the Old Stadium, and it almost happened yesterday. Unfortunately there were some inspectors on site, something to do with the high winds and the netting around the outside, and it couldn't happen. But I'm optimistic that it will still become reality.
                    I was hoping that back outfield wall would go down first so us prospectors can get good shots of whats going on inside there. instead we have to rely on news helicopter photography who treat their images like gold.

If there were better vantage points to see the inside the inner bowl id go there personally take the pictures. From where i am on long island it would take me almost 2 hours by train...with no traffic, an hour by car. but theres always traffic...so its not really worth it for me to take pictures of netting.

the roof of the courthouse would be a good place...anyone have any connections there? lol...

Comment

• The Monument
                      • Feb 2007

Joe, I bought a couple of very nice photos from a guy on the street near Billy's sports bar. I've bought some from hin in the past, including a couple taken from the Courthouse roof. I asked him about it last night and he told me that he used to have a connection there, but the guy retired years ago. The last one that he took was in Sept of '01. I was hoping to make him MY connection, but he doesn't even have HIS connection any more.

Comment

• Aviator_Frank
                        Engineer / Private Pilot
                        • Mar 2008

That pic above is almost a shot-for-shot of the one in Serpico
                        Attached Files

Comment

• nymdan
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
                          Nice! That's like something out of Streetscapes in the Times.

Comment

• SteveJRogers
                            • Jun 2008

Interesting juxitposition from the YSIII Hospitaility area lobby window

From the Metro North Station last evening.

NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                            Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                            Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• Rob R
                              Enter Sandman
                              • Jan 2008

Amazing. Great eye, Frank. It's uncanny and I wonder if that was the photographer's intent.

Comment

• LINYUSA
                                • Oct 2008

Excellent! That was a great scene in a tremendous movie in 1973 for which Al Pacino received an Academy Award Nomination for Best Actor (Jack Lemmon won that year), however, Al did win the Golden Globe's Best Actor Award for the same role.

For you youngsters, Serpico is a very accurate depiction of life in New York City during the 60's and early 70's - I consider it to be a classic film with an awesome view of Old Yankee Stadium. Its a great celluloid experience, filmed partly in The Bronx that all will enjoy.

I'm going to my library tomorrow to check out a copy of Serpico and will watch it this weekend!

Last edited by LINYUSA; 10-08-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X