Stadium Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium Demolition

In browsing through all the other current threads, I thought it would be unique if everyone with stadium demolitoin pictures could share them here.

Shea Stadium

I am looking foward to seeing the Shea Stadium demolition photos.this will make up for that sad 4-10-1964 day that the Polo Grounds came down for this stadium.
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Here's a picture to get it started.
      Polo Grounds, New York
      A worker removes his hat April 10, 1964, to salute during the demolition of the Polo Grounds, home, at times, of the Yankees,
      Giants and Mets. The wrecking ball is the same used to raze Ebbets Field in 1960. (Photo by Bruce Bennett Studio/Getty Images)
      Attached Files

Comment

I found this on www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22551
        Quoted from website:
        Bush Stadium - St. Louis, MO
        Posted By Eric White on 12/1/2005 at 6:57 PM

This is from Pat May, who like myself, attended many games there.

A sad day indeed.
        Attached Files

Comment

They should have just connected the two stadiums like that.
          Baseball writer

Comment

County Stadium, Milwaukee...

Time lapse sequence of demolition of Busch

Riverfront, Cincinnati

Down goes the Kingdome...

Comment

Ebbets Field

Shibe Park. Too bad Philly couldn't have at least kept this part standing and incorporated it into the new construction on the site. But then again, this was the cookie cutter era. Out with the old!

More Shibe/Connie Mack

And perhaps the most shocking demolition pic of all. Disco Demolition night at Comiskey 1979

Comment

Seals Stadium, 1st home of the SF Giants goes down...

Veterans Stadium..

Griffith Stadium stands empty...

Comment

Great pics at http://www.stadiumpage.com/stadiumgraveyard/ where this pic is from.

Here is the last bit of clean up where Forbes once stood.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                    Down goes the Kingdome...

Here is a video of a bunch of different views of the Kingdome demolition, including from within the Kingdome itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5LHUaenvBg&e

It even has some type of weird music for a soundtrack.
                    Last edited by Seattle1; 06-22-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lpeters199
                      Little more than a footprint left.

[ATTACH]45070[/ATTACH]
                      And if you look closely you'll see that the little row house that refused to sell to Griffith and caused the indentation in the CF wall still stood.

Comment

if I'm not mistaken, this guy is swinging a sledge hammer at the cornerstone that is now so lovingly preserved in the ballpark section of Cooperstown.

And why are these guys so happy? Maybe all those folks who are so weepy about the demise of Ebbetts and the like are folks who never set foot in the place.

Comment

swingin'....

the reason they are opening the cornerstone is that a "time capsule" was buried in that block during construction. floodlight fixtures and some seats went to randalls island stadium which was razed and ichan stadium on that site.
                          the turd in the punchbowl
                          reality really sucks.
                          enjoy the game more...

Comment

Originally posted by Pelt View Post
                            Great pics at http://www.stadiumpage.com/stadiumgraveyard/ where this pic is from.

Here is the last bit of clean up where Forbes once stood.

With one of those misguided attempts at a "please-all" municipal building in the foreground.
                            RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                              if I'm not mistaken, this guy is swinging a sledge hammer at the cornerstone that is now so lovingly preserved in the ballpark section of Cooperstown.

And why are these guys so happy? Maybe all those folks who are so weepy about the demise of Ebbetts and the like are folks who never set foot in the place.
                              Y'think he actually felt good smashing that cornerstone? I'd have rather seen it transplanted north a few blocks where it could have been displayed in that new stadium that would be open in a few years for the Mets.
                              RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X