Tiger Stadium Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Stadium Demolition

Since everyone loves tearing stuff down, lets post our Tiger Stadium demolition shots here.
    http://peterton.myminicity.com/

I'll be the first to say I hate that this thread exists.

Comment

This is a thread that needs to exist. It is 100% correct & in keeping with the spirit of this forum.

Tiger Stadium is old, falling apart & historic. It's demolition should be documented here among people who are interested in such things.

Post those images !

Comment

Although I'm sure many of these pics have been posted before, I guess you could say that the demolition started last fall with the removal of the seats and other items.

Comment

well the old stadium is not falling apart, although it is in a very bad state of disrepair.... I ve been inside and it would take a lot of money to bring it up to date. I am sure the piping would need to be replaced, since the clubhouses have major water damage. It can be saved, but at how much of a cost? The same thing happened to the old Olympia in Detroit. But it was in a far worse neighborhood. I was at Olympia in 85 before they demolished it, and my buddy Mike DesRosiers (RIP) took me insde.. it was like a bomb went off...
          It is 9:46 p.m.

Vin Scully with the call: Two and 2 to Harvey Kuenn, one strike away. Sandy into his windup, here's the pitch.....

Swung on and missed, a perfect game!!

check out my personal ballpark photography site
          www.ballparks.phanfare.com

Comment

Tiger Stadium

Originally posted by bnbusser View Post
            well the old stadium is not falling apart, although it is in a very bad state of disrepair.... I ve been inside and it would take a lot of money to bring it up to date. I am sure the piping would need to be replaced, since the clubhouses have major water damage. It can be saved, but at how much of a cost? The same thing happened to the old Olympia in Detroit. But it was in a far worse neighborhood. I was at Olympia in 85 before they demolished it, and my buddy Mike DesRosiers (RIP) took me insde.. it was like a bomb went off...
            The reason that Olympia was in bad shape was that the city nor the Red Wings did not care the locals helped themselves to the arena and took anything they could.the arena was not even cleaned up after the last event was held there, you could still find beer, pop cups, popcorn cups and things like that on the floors.
            The clubhouses are suppose to be kept under this current plan to keep the ballpark from dugout to dugout.
            LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Tiger Stadium is falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBigMotor View Post
                Keep saying it. It won't make it any less of a falsehood.

Why do you think the demolition people are salivating at the prospect of getting inside? There's enough steel in there to keep it standing for decades.

Comment

It's very sad to see the grand old ballpark in its current state. Just knock it down and put it out of its misery.

It's the same reason that we put horses to sleep when they break a leg. It's actually the humane thing to do.

I'm sure that some parts of Tiger Stadium could be saved, but it would take a lot of money and work. But some parts look so rusted out that they would have to be completely torn apart and rebuilt again - and at what cost? If there's no baseball team playing there, there's no point.
                  Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, and rum. He will come.

Comment

Tiger Stadium

Originally posted by J.R. View Post

Why do you think the demolition people are salivating at the prospect of getting inside? There's enough steel in there to keep it standing for decades.
                    You are 100 percent correct Tiger Stadium is not falling apart. We(THE TIGER STADIUM FAN CLUB)which i was a member of sent engineers and other people into Tiger Stadium and were told that there was nothing wrong with the stadium besides regular maintance.and yes the Demo company cant wait to get into the stadium because of all the steel.There is nothing wrong with Tiger Stadium.

Comment

Someone on this board went in there last year and took a lot of pictures of the state its in. It sure didn't look good. It looked to me like there was more than 9 years of decay already. You can say what you will about the team not caring anymore, but really, is it their responsibility to care about it? If a family wants a new house, but someone who used to come over and watch them play in the back yard wants them to stay in the old one, is that family obligated not to move and to keep that house kept up for their visitors?
                      http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

I saw those pictures. It had some weeds but you can kill those with RoundUp.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post

And keep defending it, Kentucky Cubs fan. Won't make this Detroit Stadium any less of a dump, or demolished.

Comment

As an aside, I absolutely despise this "IMAGINE THE IMPOSSIBILITIES" banner.

Comment

Tiger Stadium

They wanted to put a minor league in Tiger Stadium but the city of Detroit has stonewalled any atempt to use the stadium they just want it gone.they even said that they would play there games when the Tigers were out of town.the biggest mistake was selling the stadium to the city in 1977 for 1 DOLLAR.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X