The most BIZARRE stadium on Earth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most BIZARRE stadium on Earth...

I challenge anyone to find a more bizzare stadium anywhere in the universe...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, South Africa's Mmabatho Stadium.

Wait...it gets even better...

Last edited by LetsGoMets687; 07-08-2008, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Comment

I don't know what's more bizarre, the decks or the people on the field.

Comment

the people on the field are rehearsing, as done the world all over.

the sectioned and elevated bleacher-style seating is probably a relatively inexpensive design.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Now THIS is what the Wilpons should have done instead of forcing us to suffer through their Brooklyn Dodger fantasies!!!!!
            X

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post

the sectioned and elevated bleacher-style seating is probably a relatively inexpensive design.
              Inexpensive, but also incredibly unsafe. Suppose there's a fire, earthquake or some other emergency during a match? A section packed with a thousand panicked people all trying to exit through one small opening in the bottom corner?

Yikes!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by LetsGoMets687; 07-07-2008, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Looks like a giant SOLAR array!!

Hey, that gives me an idea....
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

I wonder if this horrible looking thing is going to be hosting an World Cup games in 2 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post

I don't know what's more bizarre, the decks or the people on the field.

This is what happens when you let Oprah design and finance your stadium.

"And you get an elevated grandstand, and you get an elevated grandstand, and you..."

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoMets687 View Post
                      Inexpensive, but also incredibly unsafe. Suppose there's a fire, earthquake or some other emergency during a match? A section packed with a thousand panicked people all trying to exit through one small opening in the bottom corner?

Yikes!
                      That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the photos...that's terrifying. Maybe those sections are designed to collapse to the ground in an emergency so everybody can get out quickly?
                      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

This is the most brilliant design I've ever seen. The fact that everyone on the field appears to be doing Wii Fit makes it all the better.

It's like someone screwed up Stadio San Nicola.
                        http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Interesting concept, but damn, the diamond shape really doesn't work for soccer/futbol. A lot of sore necks in those upper-deck seats. It'd be kind of cool to see how this would work for a ballpark.

Comment

Whenever you decide to bash a so called "Modern Cookie-Cutter", just think of this. You all hate the modern stadiums saying they all look a like and that they should look unique, well just remember that they could have turned out like this!

In fact anytime someone calls a new stadium a cookie-cutter, I'm just going to say think of Mmabatho Stadium.

Complaining that Citi Field is another cookie-cutter, think of Mmabatho Stadium.
                            Think Coors, PNC, Citizenz Bank, and New Busch are cookie-cutters, think of Mmabatho Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank 755 View Post
                              Whenever you decide to bash a so called "Modern Cookie-Cutter", just think of this. You all hate the modern stadiums saying they all look a like and that they should look unique, well just remember that they could have turned out like this!

In fact anytime someone calls a new stadium a cookie-cutter, I'm just going to say think of Mmabatho Stadium.

Complaining that Citi Field is another cookie-cutter, think of Mmabatho Stadium.
                              Think Coors, PNC, Citizenz Bank, and New Busch are cookie-cutters, think of Mmabatho Stadium.
                              The problem with most of the retro cookie cutters is that they don't even attempt to do anything innovative with their grandstands and facade. This South African stadium has many flaws, but at least it's not completely generic. HoK designs stadiums around the world, yet none of their American ballparks take positive ideas from these foreign stadiums. Instead, they just keep copying the same American ideas. More room for more fat people.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X