Famous Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Fans

Ebbets Field had Hilda Chester and her cowbell.
    Shea Stadium had Karl the Sign Man.
    Yankee Stadium has Freddy Says with his spoon and pan.

Any input or photos of fan celebrities at different parks. I am not looking for team mascots like the San Diego Chicken or Philly Phanatic. I am looking for actual fans, not employees of the team.
    http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Cowbell man.... is a new shea creation.

Comment

Jacobs Field/Indians has the dude that sits in the bleachers with the big drum.

Comment

There is a sign man at Busch. Has been for as long as I can remember. At Busch II he was way down the 1st base line in the field level seats. He moved to about the same location at Busch III. I think he lives in Springfield, MO and owns his own company there. He comes up for all the games. Guess that's the perks of being his own boss.

Edit: I was wrong about the amount of games he attends a year. Here is an article about him from 2004.
        http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2004-...tes-the-signs/
        Last edited by stlfan; 07-23-2008, 01:09 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Krazy George

Comment

Chicago Cubs - Ronnie Woo-Woo

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TinoM24 View Post
                Jacobs Field/Indians has the dude that sits in the bleachers with the big drum.
                John Adams is his name.

Comment

Safeco Field- Beltre Man.

He's Adrian Beltre's biggest fan and for quite a few of the Mariners' home games last season he was seated behind home plate and could be seen on camera quite a lot but I haven't seen him as much this year.

Here's a picture of him in his game-worn Adrian Beltre throwback jersey, his giant Adrian Beltre bobblehead and a signed bat he was given by Beltre himself.
                  Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

this guy is more infamous, but still, it counts.

Comment

karl erhardt...

ad agency art director, long-time mets season ticket holder, the sign guy...

here he is in september '79

n.y. times profile - http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/18/sp...l/18cheer.html

he was witty, succinct and always fair.
                      hate to think what he would have pulled out of his box in the 9th last night...
                      the turd in the punchbowl
                      reality really sucks.
                      enjoy the game more...

Comment

karl erhardt pix...

previous post missed the pix...
                        Attached Files
                        the turd in the punchbowl
                        reality really sucks.
                        enjoy the game more...

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoMets687 View Post
                          I think he is hiding in this picture, from hack movie producers that are trying to ruin another one of his novels.

Comment

These are great! The pictures especially. I wasnt familiar with that guy for the A's or the Mariners.
                            http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Padday View Post
                              Safeco Field- Beltre Man.

He's Adrian Beltre's biggest fan and for quite a few of the Mariners' home games last season he was seated behind home plate and could be seen on camera quite a lot but I haven't seen him as much this year.

Here's a picture of him in his game-worn Adrian Beltre throwback jersey, his giant Adrian Beltre bobblehead and a signed bat he was given by Beltre himself.
                              Anyone who is that big of an Adrian Beltre fan must be crazy. Does Beltre have a good personality or something? I've never understood why some fans are obsessed with mediocre players.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X