Bullpens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullpens

why are some bullpens still on the Field. How have bullpens change over the years? have any picture?
    Last edited by compaq; 07-30-2008, 01:54 PM.

Originally posted by compaq View Post
    why are some bullpens still on the Field. How have bullpens change over the years? have any picture?
    At the Metrodome and Wrigley the bullpens are on the field because there isn't any room for them in the outfield, unless they re-designed the bleachers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
      At the Metrodome and Wrigley the bullpens are on the field because there isn't any room for them in the outfield, unless they re-designed the bleachers.
      i understand why does teams don't have bullpens but their is no excuse for newer parks to have them on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by compaq View Post
        i understand why does teams don't have bullpens but their is no excuse for newer parks to have them on the field.
        Which new parks have them on the field? I can't think of any.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
          Which new parks have them on the field? I can't think of any.
          (Insert Phone Company) Park in San Francisco. I heard that the reason they are on the field is because they forgot to design space for them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stlfan View Post
            (Insert Phone Company) Park in San Francisco. I heard that the reason they are on the field is because they forgot to design space for them.
            Oooops. Good lord...

Personally, I like seeing the pitchers warming up down on the field.

Comment

Tropicana Field also has the bullpens on the field near the outfield corners.

Comment

Petco Park also has a bullpen on the field down the RF line....and the other one in centerfield. Strange set up, not particularly sure why they did this.

Comment

I thought it was odd at AT&T Park a few weeks ago that the pitchers didn't all sit down in the bullpen during the game. In most parks the pitchers all sit down there
                  1997 2003
                  Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

How about bullpens in FAIR territory? Got to love the Polo Grounds... the only fair territory pens in the history of MLB.

Bullpens.jpg

SHRTW Mancuso.jpg

PG Plate and Pen.jpg

The Catch Diagram.jpg
                    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

I could see having the bullpens in fair territory in the old days. Teams didn't replace pitchers 5 times in every game.

Comment

Power Alley distances at 440+ and Center Field at 483 helped little bit as well. The PG is still the only park that did this, regardless of how often team changed (or in this case, did not change) pitchers.
                        "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Bullpens

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                          Power Alley distances at 440+ and Center Field at 483 helped little bit as well. The PG is still the only park that did this, regardless of how often team changed (or in this case, did not change) pitchers.
                          All bullpens are off the field.

Comment

What are you talking about Manhattan? The pens at the Polo Grounds were in fair territory, in deep left center and deep right center. As I posted, distances to the power alleys were 440+ at the PG, so putting the pens out there was no problem.....

No other park had the unique dimensions the PG had, hence it being the only park with fair territory pens.

Comment

Originally posted by Manhattan View Post
                              All bullpens are off the field.
                              I hope to see the bullpens at New Yankee Stadium during the 2009 M.L.B Season

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X