Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beers sold in one ballpark, and one ballpark only....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beers sold in one ballpark, and one ballpark only....

Anyone know of any beers currently sold in one ballpark only?

Hudepohl used to be sold in Cincinnati, and I think Old Style is probably sold at Wrigley and maybe Comiskey only... at least it used to be.

Years ago there were dozens of local beers sold only at the local parks in St. Louis, Milwaukee, New York, Pittsburgh, etc.

Just wondering if there are still any???
    "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Iron City beer in Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Sportkrank21
      Iron City beer in Pittsburgh
      True! I don't think any other ballpark serves up "Penn Pilsner" either. Being the Penn Brewery is about a mile from PNC Park, it seems like a good local brew. Anyhow it's available at "Beers of the Burgh" on the main level 1st base side at PNC.
      LETS GO BUCS!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeatEmBucs
        True! I don't think any other ballpark serves up "Penn Pilsner" either. Being the Penn Brewery is about a mile from PNC Park, it seems like a good local brew. Anyhow it's available at "Beers of the Burgh" on the main level 1st base side at PNC.
        MMMM nothing better than a cold Iorn City to wash down that Permantti Bros. Sandwich! And cheese fries. And another Sandwich yummmy!
        Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

Karl Strauss in San Diego's Petco Park.
          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
          Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
          Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

Okay, its two parks, but Brooklyn Lager in Shea and Yankee Stadium.

Comment

Yards Philly Pale Ale at CBP. Yum.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball. Now over 2000 followers!
              https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

I know the Yankees have a "Beers of the World" stand - I don't know what beers are there, nor do I know if any of them aren't sold in any other ballpark, but there's a chance that stand has some international beer that can't be found in any other park.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees12 View Post
                  I know the Yankees have a "Beers of the World" stand - I don't know what beers are there, nor do I know if any of them aren't sold in any other ballpark, but there's a chance that stand has some international beer that can't be found in any other park.
                  Actually they are the big ones, Becks, Heniken, Corona, Bass, Fosters, so I'd say its safe to say they are in other parks with imported beer.

Comment

Technically, Browning's Brew Pub is not within Louisville Slugger Field, but shares the building. However, you can go there before the game and get their brewed on-site selections. Many do so to avoid the St Louis (soon to be Belgian?) brand which vendors sell, although there is a small stand that sells Rolling Rock, Groelsch and other labels.

Comment

Rheingold Beer

Does any of the New York ballparks sell Rheingold Beer since it came back a few years ago.
                      LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957 View Post
                        Does any of the New York ballparks sell Rheingold Beer since it came back a few years ago.
                        It was sold again at Shea starting in 1998, but disappeared soon thereafter. Big in Mets history, but unfortunately not big on taste, lol.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball. Now over 2000 followers!
                        https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

Rheingold Beer

Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
                          It was sold again at Shea starting in 1998, but disappeared soon thereafter. Big in Mets history, but unfortunately not big on taste, lol.

I still have a case and a half of Rheingold Beer that a friend got for me a couple of years ago.i still drink it when i listen to my 1962 and 1963 Mets games at the Polo Grounds. i also get Schaefer Beer from Ohio(we cant get it here in Michigan)and drink Schaefer when i listen to my Brooklyn Dodgers games on audio tape.along with the Rheingold Beer i have a Hebrew National Hot dog when listening to the Mets at the Polo Grounds.
                          LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Leinenkugel's and New Glarus in Milwaukee. Very high-quality local beers.

Comment

Beers sold in one ballpark, and one ballpark only...

Originally posted by MarcianoNY View Post
                              Leinenkugel's and New Glarus in Milwaukee. Very high-quality local beers.
                              All Beer drinkers have to go to concession stands at Dodger Stadium to buy Beer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X