PNC Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNC Park

Just like the Citizens Bank thread but for PNC. Any large photos would be appreciated.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_420_b

Comment

i just cant belive how nice the outfield view is....noother stadium has that great of a view with the bridges and the whole downtown.

i can only imagine what the mets and yankees ballparks would look like if they had the view of manhattan in the background that close with all the bridges....but then of corase the stadium would have to be in NJ or westchester county ( i think)
        Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

Comment

I just fell in love again, and not just with the view. Gorgeous stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarPunk2512 View Post
            i just cant belive how nice the outfield view is....noother stadium has that great of a view with the bridges and the whole downtown.

i can only imagine what the mets and yankees ballparks would look like if they had the view of manhattan in the background that close with all the bridges....but then of corase the stadium would have to be in NJ or westchester county ( i think)
            Imagine if Steinbrenner bought the WTC site, and built NYS there, how unbeilevable the view would be. If I had unlimited money, I would do that.
            sigpic

Comment

It's the only incentive to visit Pittsburgh, but it's a great one.
              HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
              http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

Damon's Double Steal
              http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

Comment

Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                Imagine if Steinbrenner bought the WTC site, and built NYS there, how unbeilevable the view would be. If I had unlimited money, I would do that.
                You'd build on hallowed ground?

Don't answer that, please. At least, not in a thread on PNC.
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

You're not a New Yorker are you?

Comment

I like the park, but if it didn't have such a nice view of the skyline, it would be a pretty boring looking stadium. Its kind of like the Orioles. Without that big warehouse in right field, it would look really boring.
                    http://www.blackbetsy.com/movies/joeatbat.mpg

Comment

These pictures are getting me psyched for my bachelor party/see the Mets play at PNC trip this weekend!

Comment

What if they called it "P and C Park" instead of "PNC Park"?

Comment

then they would lose a ton of money they are currently getting from PNC bank.

Comment

Unbelievable view, certainly, but I don't think any New Yorker would be able to watch a baseball game there. Plus, it's prime real estate, and it's being used to house 4 towers worth of highly valuable offices, plus the WTC Memorial that absolutely needs to be there.

I had a friend once that said they should build a stadium around Battery Park or Battery Park City. I don't think it's quite feasible, but that would be a spectacular view.

There's a giant vacant lot on 59th and West End Ave., right along the Henry Hudson Parkway and the Hudson River, and right south of the new Trump Place (it's a few blocks west of Lincoln Center) that might have been able to fit a stadium, and would have had one of the best views in the majors if it were pointed slightly southeast. I'm surprised the Steinbrenners didn't look into that when they were trying to build a West Side Stadium. Would've needed a subway expansion of some kind, though.

(Though I'm very glad the Yanks stayed in the Bronx.)

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees12 View Post
                              There's a giant vacant lot on 59th and West End Ave., right along the Henry Hudson Parkway and the Hudson River, and right south of the new Trump Place (it's a few blocks west of Lincoln Center) that might have been able to fit a stadium, and would have had one of the best views in the majors if it were pointed slightly southeast. I'm surprised the Steinbrenners didn't look into that when they were trying to build a West Side Stadium. Would've needed a subway expansion of some kind, though.
                              Pretty ironic, since that's immediately south of where the baseball Giants wanted to build their new stadium in the mid-1950s.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X