Doubleday Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubleday Field

This place is really cool... It is free to get in and look around and you feel like you are in an antique shop it is amazing..

Link to set

Originally posted by mets16 View Post
    This place is really cool... It is free to get in and look around and you feel like you are in an antique shop it is amazing..

Link to set
    Saw the Mets play there back in 1992. Beat the White Sox. It was hot as Hades in those bleacher seats!

Comment

Too bad they don't have the HOF game anymore. Any teams play exhibitions there going into the season? Weather would be iffy even in late March, I'm sure.

Who's gonna be the first to chime in with "That place is a dump!"?

Comment

My High School team got to play there last year, it really was something. Playing somewhere with so much history... It really gives you an appreciation for the game. Dugouts were really uncomfortable though.

Comment

This field is soo far into baseball blasphemy.. What was Doubleday credited with inventing..?

"...So the winning run is on second base, with two outs, three and two to Mookie Wilson.

Little roller up along first; BEHIND THE BAG! It gets through Buckner!

Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!"

- Vin Scully, Announcer

Comment

Originally posted by tugger View Post
            Too bad they don't have the HOF game anymore. Any teams play exhibitions there going into the season? Weather would be iffy even in late March, I'm sure.

Who's gonna be the first to chime in with "That place is a dump!"?

I went there once, I thought it looked great. I seem to remember a stream running under the stands?

Anybody?
            Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

The first time I went to Cooperstown I sat for an hour and watched two town teams play. I thought I was in heaven.
              Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by RoastedPeanut View Post
                This field is soo far into baseball blasphemy.. What was Doubleday credited with inventing..?
                Credited? A lot.

He didn't start baseball, but he did start the Civil War, if that's any help.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                  The first time I went to Cooperstown I sat for an hour and watched two town teams play. I thought I was in heaven.
                  I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X