Scoreboard Photos Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoreboard Photos Thread

Ok I have Searched Baseball Fever And Have Not Found A Scorebaord Photos thread, so I will make one.
    So Post Photos Of Scoreboard's Past & Present
    Ebbets Field:

Renovated Yankee Stadium:

New Yankee Stadium:

Shea Stadium:

The Yankee stadiums (both of them) look terrible, while all the rest are amazing. Anymore scoreboards you can post? I want to see if I can draw a few of them with some of these elements (i'm an ok drawer by the way)
    How many times has this happened to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Milwaukee County Stadium View Post
      Ok I have Searched Baseball Fever And Have Not Found A Scorebaord Photos thread, so I will make one.
      So Post Photos Of Scoreboard's Past & Present
      Ebbets Field:

Renovated Yankee Stadium:

New Yankee Stadium:

Shea Stadium:

Why is the Shea scoreboard turned off for the Jets game? Did the Jets have their own scoreboard at Shea?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
        Why is the Shea scoreboard turned off for the Jets game? Did the Jets have their own scoreboard at Shea?
        It's on, just no messages posted. Plus it's a night game so it's probably MNF and no other game scores were on at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aviator_Frank View Post
          It's on, just no messages posted. Plus it's a night game so it's probably MNF and no other game scores were on at the time.
          They couldnt put scores up for other sports?

Comment

do they now?

Comment

Ran this before in the County Stadium thread, but this is from 1970, first year of the Brewers, showing the scoreboard that was put in in the early 60s and stayed up thru 1979, when it was replaced by hte black and white replay board.
              "Shake it off. That's part of the game, you know. Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and a shot in the mask." - Bob Uecker.

Comment

Hey, there are some great photos of scoreboards in this scoreboards thread that already exists too.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=28790
                Last edited by Pelt; 09-07-2008, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Scoreboard Photos Thread

Originally posted by Pelt View Post
                  Hey, there are some great photos of scoreboards in this thread that already exists too.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=28790
                  I have not been to every ballpark. I can from watching the sports news and baseball games on TV that my 2 favorite ballparks for this season are Dodger Stadium and Yankee Stadium.

Comment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a 2006 photo of the Shea Stadium scoreboard showing a Jets-Titans contest (professional football) as one of the out-of-town games.

(Photo taken September 10, 2006. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here)
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                      Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz:

Here's a 2006 photo of the Shea Stadium scoreboard showing a Jets-Titans contest (professional football) as one of the out-of-town games.

(Photo taken September 10, 2006. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here)

impressive. Any idea about the scoreboard from the last Jets game at Shea? (heard it was a riot!)
                      How many times has this happened to you?

Comment

Some photos of the pre-renovation Yankee Stadium scoreboards

Old scoreboard workers pre-1959

New scoreboard workers in 1959. Are they the same guys? Possibly, but older and better dressed:cap:

Comment

Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                          do they now?
                          Of course not. Only football scores and topics are allowed in football stadiums, only baseball scores and topics are allowed in baseball stadiums. The same also goes for message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
                            Some photos of the pre-renovation Yankee Stadium scoreboards

Old scoreboard workers pre-1959
                            New scoreboard workers in 1959. Are they the same guys? Possibly, but older and better dressed:cap:
                            : That's definitely the same guy in the back. Not so sure about the other one.

Comment

That's a picture of the Jets' first game at Shea Stadium (in September 1964, probably on a Saturday night). This was six years before MNF. Note that they had not yet even begun the practice of putting up temporary stands in the outfield area.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X