No announcement yet.

Marlins Park Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else notice how the seats rise up as you go down the line towards the foul poles? There's going to be a monster 2-3 story high wall in those corners:
    Attached Files

Comment

• Response about the teal seats from Samson:

"Tyler,

We actually looked at teal seats, and I assure you that it did not look as good or fit with the architecture.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Regards,

David Samson"

I bet it's going to be a darker shade of blue in real life. I really didn't like the coloring of Nationals Park at first either, but it looks a lot better in person than it did in the renderings. At least the email doesn't make it sound like they're abandoning teal altogether.
      1997 2003
      Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
        Anyone else notice how the seats rise up as you go down the line towards the foul poles? There's going to be a monster 2-3 story high wall in those corners:
        That might be cool to see the wal go up at an angle!
        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
          Anyone else notice how the seats rise up as you go down the line towards the foul poles? There's going to be a monster 2-3 story high wall in those corners:
          It's not all that much different from say Camden Yards,

or Fenway

And since the seats never jut out, no views are obstructed.
          Last edited by the_Bored; 07-22-2009, 09:20 AM.
          Thus spoke the Bored

Comment

• Nobody beats Arlington for having a high wall down the line. There's really no way to avoid a mild obstructed view from certain spots in the corners. The way they have it at the new Marlins park should minimize the obstruction. If nothing else, at least it's different than other parks.

1997 2003

Comment

• I think it's been stated before but someone needs to e-mail the Marlins pictures of Dodger Stadiums reserved level seats because they look great haven't faded and are always open to the california sun
              Attached Files
              It's Time For Dodger's Baseball

Comment

• Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
                Response about the teal seats from Samson:

"Tyler,

We actually looked at teal seats, and I assure you that it did not look as good or fit with the architecture.

Thanks for the e-mail.

Regards,

David Samson"
                I just got the same e-mail from him, and I even included the picture of Dodger Stadium's seats for reference. I really think it's a mistake to go with blue. Fenway green would be better than the blue (the light green color)

Comment

• theyre making a mistake with blue seats. they should be teal. can someone photoshop the seats to look teal?
                  Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

Comment

• Does Marlins new ballpark really need to have a roof? I mean I am not against it but I dont see why they should waste extra money on it when they dont need one. Does it get really hot in Florida or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                      Does Marlins new ballpark really need to have a roof? I mean I am not against it but I dont see why they should waste extra money on it when they dont need one. Does it get really hot in Florida or something?
                      I think it rains a lot in Miami.
                      Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Does Marlins new ballpark really need to have a roof? I mean I am not against it but I dont see why they should waste extra money on it when they dont need one. Does it get really hot in Florida or something?
                        They have a TON of rain delays.
                        Been to: CBP, OPACY, Shea, NYS, RYS, Metrodome, Angels Stadium, Petco, Dodger, At&t, Oakland, Wrigley, The Cell, PNC, Memorial in Balt, The Vet, RFK, Tropicana Field, Dolphin, Coors, Miller, Fenway

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's often humid and can rain with little warning. It's hard to get build a fanbase if they are afraid to go to game will be uncomfortable and rained out when they get there.

Comment

• The reason why the Marlins need a roof has been well documented on this board, but it's fun to complain about, so I'll spell it out again:

Without a roof, there would be absolutely no point in building a new park. You have to spend some time in South Florida in the summer to understand the rain problems. Most days, it'll be sunny and hot all morning up until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, then clouds start rolling in. Even if it doesn't rain, it looks like it is going to, and the Marlins draw fans from densely populated areas up to 2 hours away from the Dolph. It rains nearly every day in South Florida during the summer, and often very quickly and without warning. I'm sure the Marlins lead the league by far in the number of rain delays. We have very few rainouts, but the delays kill us. When it does rain here, it rains much harder than it does anywhere else I've ever seen.

Besides for the rain issues, when it isn't raining, it's incredibly hot and humid. They say it's hot in Arizona, but I'd say it's more uncomfortable to be outside in the summer here. I just checked the weather, and it's 86 degrees with 85% at 8:45 in the morning. The temperature is in the low to mid 90s with very high humidity every single day without fail, which I think, as someone who has experienced both, more unpleasant than 110 in the desert.

So to recap, they can call it the Sunshine State all they want, but it rains every day in the summer. And when it's not raining, it's too hot to want to be outside. The attendance numbers (actual, not tickets sold) reflect just that
                            1997 2003

Comment

• My email to David Sampson. I know I'll probably get back a similar response as the other emails, but it doesn't hurt to put my two cents in. :twocents:

Mr. Sampson,

I am writing to you on a matter which many Fish fans have also expressed a strong interest in--that is, the need for the new Marlins Ballpark to show its true colors in Marlins Teal.

Don't get me wrong--the plans for the new ballpark look terrific, and I can't wait for the opportunity to catch many games at the stadium. However, I was somewhat disappointed in the rather generic blue color scheme of the seats at the park. From what I saw, it looked no different than the seats you find at stadiums of the Nationals, Yankees, Phillies, Braves, Rays or countless other ballparks.

This ballpark should be different than those. After 16 years of having to play in a stadium primarily designed for the Dolphins, the Marlins are finally going to have a ballpark of their own, one where the focus will be on baseball and the Marlins, first and foremost. While I hope to see many games where there will not be an empty seat to be seen at the park, after the game when the fans filter out, the seats should reflect the color that is most associated with the Florida/Miami Marlins: Teal.

Teal is the color that the Marlins wore when Charlie Hough threw the first pitch in franchise history in 1993. Teal is the color of the ocean at South Florida's top notch beaches. Teal should the same type of identity with the Marlins as Dodger Blue or Cardinal Red. Stadiums such as Space Coast Stadium in Melbourne, the Jaguars Stadium in Jacksonville, and the upper deck at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles have all utilized teal as a seat color choice to great effect.

While I am aware that others have inquired about teal seats in the ballpark and you have previously stated it is not a current option, I urge you to reconsider. When the Cardinals released their plans for the new Busch Stadium, it originally contained green seats like you find at many other parks. After countless Cardinals fans requested that the seats be changed to red to match the team color, the Cardinals ownership listened to their fanbase and obliged. As Opening Day 2012 will mark a new day in the Marlins franchise, one where fans can feel more secure about the team's stability in the area, I respectfully request that the Marlins ownership creates a new atmosphere of listening to the fans who fill the stadium's (hopefully teal blue) seats.

Thank you most kindly,
                              (PeteU)

P.S.: While I have you, a long term contract for Josh Johnson wouldn't be to shabby of an idea to consider as well, would it?

Comment

• "Teal doesn't go with the architecture"...

...Yeah, right. I think it works beautifully. Anyone else think so?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by jnakamura; 07-25-2009, 12:07 PM.
                                I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                                - Walt Whitman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X