Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Park Construction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The webcam points south-southwest from behind the third base line. The Miami skyline is to the left of where the camera is. You're looking out in the direction of the Keys
    1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

    Comment


    • I get the dreaded Red X... Any clue how I can see?

      Comment


      • Ballpark name

        Apparently the ballpark will be called "Royal Caribbean Colosseum"

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlins_Ballpark

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BlueJays1977_1993 View Post
          Apparently the ballpark will be called "Royal Caribbean Colosseum"

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlins_Ballpark
          Other than the wiki, there's no mention of it anywhere.
          "Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

          Comment


          • Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
            The webcam points south-southwest from behind the third base line. The Miami skyline is to the left of where the camera is. You're looking out in the direction of the Keys


            So then the batters will be facing east toward the sun? thats interesting if its the case.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
              So then the batters will be facing east toward the sun? thats interesting if its the case.
              Actually that would be away from the sun.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
                So then the batters will be facing east toward the sun? thats interesting if its the case.
                Unless they are going to be playing games before noon, thtat shouldn't be a problem.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BlueJays1977_1993 View Post
                  Apparently the ballpark will be called "Royal Caribbean Colosseum"

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlins_Ballpark
                  Haha, that would be a ridiculous name.
                  Twenty Seven

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
                    So then the batters will be facing east toward the sun? thats interesting if its the case.
                    That's the preferred orientation of MLB ballparks.

                    Nothing newsworthy about it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NYBase View Post
                      Haha, that would be a ridiculous name.
                      I kind of like it. It's different and kinda catchy. It doesn't sound as generic as most of the name-for-hire stadiums.
                      I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                      - Walt Whitman

                      Comment


                      • The ballpark will be oriented the same way as Miller, Great American, PNC, Rangers, Comerica, and US Cellular.

                        Where did the Royal Caribbean Colosseum name come from? It's not even on the Wikipedia page, and I've never heard any talk of the naming rights deal being done anytime soon. Still, it's not a bad name at all for a park, and it represents an important South Florida industry - cruise ship tourism, which pays for a lot of things down here.
                        1997 2003
                        Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Old Ballpark View Post
                          That's the preferred orientation of MLB ballparks.

                          Nothing newsworthy about it.
                          Yes, since you dont play games in the morning, the batter is never looking into the sun if you face east.

                          Not always fun for the outfielders though.
                          I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by marlins739 View Post

                            Where did the Royal Caribbean Colosseum name come from? It's not even on the Wikipedia page, and I've never heard any talk of the naming rights deal being done anytime soon. Still, it's not a bad name at all for a park, and it represents an important South Florida industry - cruise ship tourism, which pays for a lot of things down here.
                            I don't see any mention of that either, but if that is going to be the name, I don't have a problem with Royal Caribbean being the naming rights sponsor, but I do have a problem with it being called a Colosseum. It is way too small to be a Colosseum(and I think it's the perfect size). It would be better suited as Park or Field. I know that the Oakland Alameda County Colosseum has a comparable capacity for baseball, but it's primarily built for football. Just my:twocents:

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
                              Yes, since you dont play games in the morning, the batter is never looking into the sun if you face east.

                              Not always fun for the outfielders though.
                              perhaps with the Miami heat, morning games might not be a bad idea lol (if there was no roof)

                              Comment


                              • No, speaking from experience as a former high school baseball player who had to endure Saturday morning practices in South Florida, the mornings are just as bad, in a different way. The grass is soaking wet, which isn't good for trying to pick up balls in the outfield. It's unbelievably humid around 9-10 am. I'd rather be outside at 3 in the afternoon when it's a little drier. There's really no good time for any outdoor activities in the summer, except water-related stuff

                                Royal Caribbean Field sounds nice. Land Shark Coliseum would be more appropriate for the size of the Dolph.
                                1997 2003
                                Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X