Marlins Park Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
    ^I was under the impression that their metrorail is completely useless because it doesnt even cover half of the city.
    Sadly, that is true. It is very good for getting you to Downtown Miami (I can count on one had, well maybe both the times I have driven into downtown), but other than that, not much. The spur to the airport will help. If the full system ever gets built (lines to west Dade County near FIU, the north line to the Broward County line (serving Sun Life Stadium and Calder Race Track) and the East-West line (serving the new Marlins Stadium and possibly extended across Biscayne Bay to Miami Beach, though that last line might end up as light rail instead), then it might be worth something. But with the current financial situation (and Dade County has never been flush with cash in good times), doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

Comment

• New Yorkers are spoiled when it comes to convenience of the public transportation. Name one place in NY Metropolitan area not served by LIRR/Subway/Bus/MetroNorth.

Comment

New Yorkers are spoiled when it comes to convenience of the public transportation. Name one place in NY Metropolitan area not served by LIRR/Subway/Bus/MetroNorth.
        Governor's Island

Comment

• Not having much in the way of public transportation will not be a problem because there will be 5000 parking spots on-site. Overflow (or cheaper options) in Little Havana driveways sounds bad to outsiders, but everybody who ever went to a game at the Orange Bowl has done it. Again, this is Florida, and everybody is happy to drive everywhere. A lot of the Marlins' fanbase comes from an hour outside the wildest dreams of the Metrorail system anyway, so they would have been driving anyway. There's also not a lick of public transportation to the Dolph either, so it's no change for most fans.
          1997 2003
          Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
            Governor's Island
            Ferry, part of public transportation. I think.

Comment

• Ellis Island
              Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                Ellis Island
                Ferry is public transportation. I think The Korean meant:

NY Waterway Ferry/Bus
                Private Ferries
                MTA Bus/Subway
                MetroNorth
                Bergen Light Rail
                NJ Transit Train/Bus
                PATH
                LIRR
                AirTrain Newark/JFK
                Taxis
                Air Tram
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by threeyoda View Post
                  Ferry is public transportation. I think The Korean meant:

NY Waterway Ferry/Bus
                  Private Ferries
                  MTA Bus/Subway
                  MetroNorth
                  Bergen Light Rail
                  NJ Transit Train/Bus
                  PATH
                  LIRR
                  AirTrain Newark/JFK
                  Taxis
                  Air Tram
                  lol well I'm stumped then

Comment

New Yorkers are spoiled when it comes to convenience of the public transportation. Name one place in NY Metropolitan area not served by LIRR/Subway/Bus/MetroNorth.
                    St. John's University?
                    For a realistic sports ticket and merchandise market

Comment

• New video of the stadium up on MLB.com. It is by far the worst of all the new ballparks. Its so bland.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_mlb

Comment

• Hate the blue seats, other than that.. not bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                          New video of the stadium up on MLB.com. It is by far the worst of all the new ballparks. Its so bland.

I wouldn't say that at all. If anything it's less bland than Citi Field; at least the Marlins place is unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                            New video of the stadium up on MLB.com. It is by far the worst of all the new ballparks. Its so bland.

Actually I like it. The outfield wall has far fewer nooks and crannies than a lot of other parks. I like quirky ballparks that are made to fit unique pieces of land --- I hate purpose-made quirks, especially weird angles on the outfield walls.

And those sliding glass walls behind the left and left-center field stands are a very nice touch.

Comment

• Besides the hideous coloring of the interior, which I'm sure will be better in real life than the renderings (see renderings of the green wall at Nationals Park compared to the real thing), I like the design a lot. It will fit in nicely with modern buildings down here, and it's the right level of intimacy for a small-market team. Once the details are added, I think people are going to like this place. It's a departure from previous parks, and it will grow on people who are tired of seeing red brick everywhere
                              1997 2003
                              Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                                Hate the blue seats, other than that.. not bad
                                don't worry, it'll be jazzed up using taxpayer dollars!
                                the turd in the punchbowl
                                reality really sucks.
                                enjoy the game more...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X