Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Mobile Ballpark / Franklin Covey Fld / Franklin Quest Fld - Salt Lake City UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Mobile Ballpark / Franklin Covey Fld / Franklin Quest Fld - Salt Lake City UT

Franklin Covey Field is home of the Salt Lake Bees of the PCL, and hosts many University of Utah games. The Wasatch mountain range provides one of the best views at a ballpark.

Comment

Last edited by milladrive; 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM. Reason: Removed dead links

Comment

Looking out if you didn't say what city it was I swear it would be an A or AA ballpark- hard to believe that's in a major city with that backdrop!
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Awesome pics. Thanks!
          Go Gigantes!

Comment

Derks Field.

I attended a Bees game in Salt Lake City in 1958, a few days after their star, Dick Stuart, was called up to Pittsburgh. That game was in Derks Field. Was Derks refurbished and renamed, or is Franklin Covey a different park? Very nice pictures!

Comment

All the stadium is is concrete, brick and steel. No cookie cutters anymore. Now they put some serious thought into building pretty parks all around the country. Even minor league parks. Amazing what a little effort can do.

Beautiful park, thanks for the pictures.
              Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

It was one of the earlier minor league retro parks, I think it opened in 1994. I believe it's on the same site as the old Derks Field. Beautiful place, the only AAA park I've been to
                1997 2003
                Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

it ought to be nice, with all that PLANNING

Comment

I've never seen an infield like that where instead of the edge between infield and outfield being curved, it's straight angles.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stlfan View Post
                      I've never seen an infield like that where instead of the edge between infield and outfield being curved, it's straight angles.
                      it's found back pre-1950 more than today. I'm not a fan of the look, personally

Comment

Originally posted by stlfan View Post
                        Seals Stadium had this feature. Like soup mentioned, I think other classic ballparks had this type of infield/outfield border, but I couldn't find any pics.

Comment

Spring Mobile Ballpark, home of the Salt Lake Bees minor league team, and hosts several University of Utah Utes games each year.

100_6486.jpg

(Post and pic courtesy of Orioles5)
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

Great views! I like BYU's as well, but these might be better views.
                            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Purple Mountain Majesties

BGoVV9LCIAIRn91.jpg
                              https://twitter.com/officialslbees
                              The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X