Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busch Stadium [III]

http://brockfan20.50megs.com/photo.html

I like the overhanging "Home run porch" in the LF corner ala Yankee Stadium. Too bad more new stadiums don't feature extended cantilever decks like that.

Comment

Finally it looks like a stadium. I was wondering all the time how they could get it ready in time. Especially with the part that was in the same area as old Bush stadium.

It is a nice stadium. IMO it looks a bit like Citizens Bank Stadium in Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule
        Finally it looks like a stadium. I was wondering all the time how they could get it ready in time. Especially with the part that was in the same area as old Bush stadium.

It doesn't have the same view, that's for sure.

This is very nice.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by yankees rule

The LF terrace seats won't be completed until mid-June or July. Clark Street has been "rebuilt". The construction of the Ballpark Village (across Clark st) will begin this year.

To me, the stadium is kind of reminiscent to Sportsman's Park.

Comment

3/27:

http://www.ballparkconstruction.com/...contentid=3692

Comment

3/31:

Comment

Great pic there Centreville.

I like how the bullpens are the exact same way as Busch II,with the overhang,and message board there.

Comment

I don't think they have enough ad space in the place.
                  It Might Be? It Could Be?? It Is!

Comment

Thanks, guys. I miss being in STL..

Comment

Originally posted by Chisox73
                      I like how the bullpens are the exact same way as Busch II,with the overhang,and message board there.
                      Agreed. The constructors did a great job. Things are looking up in STL, MO. All we need is a 10th world championship..

Comment

You guys have a great looking stadium coming online. Congratulations.

I did some checking and the stadium orientation is going to be to the northeast, that is, homeplate will face that direction. From the post above showing the stadium, it looks like the photo was taken later in the afternoon judging by the shadows. Those are going to be some SERIOUS shadows for day games. Looks like at some point the batter will will be facing pitches starting in sunlight, going into shadow and then back into the light. Rough on hitters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hannah
                          You guys have a great looking stadium coming online. Congratulations.

I did some checking and the stadium orientation is going to be to the northeast, that is, homeplate will face that direction. From the post above showing the stadium, it looks like the photo was taken later in the afternoon judging by the shadows. Those are going to be some SERIOUS shadows for day games. Looks like at some point the batter will will be facing pitches starting in sunlight, going into shadow and then back into the light. Rough on hitters.
                          You are correct. The picture was taken in the afternoon. Around 5-ish..

Comment

Pujols knocked one out of the park:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...C?OpenDocument

Comment

May 22, 2nd stop on a 7 day, 6 ballpark tour

A night after Kaufmann, we head for Stl. I've walked around this ballpark in October of '07 but never seen a game within it's confines. My son Walt lived in Stl. for 2 years, so I'm looking forwarding to witnessing what he says is the best baseball crowd (knowledge of the game wise) he's ever seen a game with.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X