Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coors Field tour 3-13-2009

Originally posted by Astros View Post
    Very cool photos. I look forward to seeing more. I also had a chance to take an extended tour of Coors Field and saw all the private seating/restaurant areas. I found it interesting that the umpires take the field through the same tunnel that people sitting in the seat behind home plate do. They have to walk right past the private restaurant from the service level. One of the things I really like about Coors Field is it doesn't feel pretentious. Because of the era it was built in many have called it a "retro park" and call it what you want, but it is just a very nice modern ballpark.
    Thanks Astros! There are plenty more to be seen. It feels good finally getting to share these with even a few folks after all these years of being boxed up.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour as well, of course I'm biased and partial to Coors myself, but I agree with everything you say about it . . . and I too, could give a "rats a??" what somebody else refers to it as . . . I like it. Thats all the really matters . . ha!

While on the field the other day, I took these photos of that gate you speak of the umpires, entering and exiting. Yea, it would be a tough walk after a poorly called game, folks can be pretty merciless.
    Attached Files

Comment

FoulPole!!! Damn dude, you get around!

The out of town scoreboard is as it read after the final out at Coors Field in 2008, which was Sep 21. I'll be posting a full shot of this scoreboard later.

The purple row of seats at the top of the upper deck in right field, is exactly 1 mile high in elevation and goes all the around the stadium (where there is seating that high).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DiggerODell; 03-15-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Coors Field construction 1-22-1994

Well, as mentioned before, I found another pinch of photos which once again, throws my chronological order out of wack . . . what the heck! This is at 20th & Blake.
        Attached Files

Comment

A couple of Walt near the ballpark. First one he's standing on 19th Street. Second one he's on Blake Street, between 20th & 21st.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking north on 20th Street before any pavement was put down.
            Attached Files

Comment

You know? I'm noticing something here as I'm posting these. I believe some of the photos marked 1-22-94 may indeed be some photos meant for 2-26-94. Some of them show Coors Field not quite connected and others . . . Oh well? Been a spell of time since '94 . . . ha!
              Attached Files

Comment

Again, this may be one at a later date than 1-22 . . . too late now . . .I'm goin with it . . . main thing is to show the folks who want to see Coors come together. . . come together. Might just have to take the date I stamped on the photos with a grain of salt . . .
                Attached Files

Comment

Some folks who came out to see the progress of construction.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I remember chatting with this guy while photographing that day, but I cannot remember the specifics of what we talked about. I want to think he was telling me about an old ballpark he occasioned alot when he was young . . . could have been Shibe Park . . . but I wouldn't swear. Too many Coors (brews) under the bridge since way back then . . ha!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Coors Field manual scoreboard as it stood upon completion of the last game of 2008.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
                        Thanks Astros! There are plenty more to be seen. It feels good finally getting to share these with even a few folks after all these years of being boxed up.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour as well, of course I'm biased and partial to Coors myself, but I agree with everything you say about it . . . and I too, could give a "rats a??" what somebody else refers to it as . . . I like it. Thats all the really matters . . ha!

While on the field the other day, I took these photos of that gate you speak of the umpires, entering and exiting. Yea, it would be a tough walk after a poorly called game, folks can be pretty merciless.
                        US Cellular Field has the same setup for the umpires with a tunnel behind home plate.
                        www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

• I've looked back through this last batch of 1-22-94 photos, I think the date on all are good. I was fooled by the illusion that some of the photos looked like the stadium steel work was connected and others it was not. Optical solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by skobabe8 View Post
                            US Cellular Field has the same setup for the umpires with a tunnel behind home plate.
                            I'm lookin forward to seein' a game at USCF on May 23, were gonna be sitting in Section 518, 1st base side. Old days, bleachers were always the cheap seats, these days not so all the time. Old days, I had a good back and hips too, so I prefer a back on the seat these days. Else wise, I woulda got bleachers for all the parks we intend to visit.

Comment

View from the press box of Coors Field. Grounds keepers out groomin the joint for opening day April 10. They are going to repaint the Rock Pile, it's still stripped.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
                                I'm lookin forward to seein' a game at USCF on May 23, were gonna be sitting in Section 518, 1st base side. Old days, bleachers were always the cheap seats, these days not so all the time. Old days, I had a good back and hips too, so I prefer a back on the seat these days. Else wise, I woulda got bleachers for all the parks we intend to visit.

Awesome! Just FYI, unless you purchase seats from a season ticket holder, you WILL NOT be permitted to access the main level concourse. Also, bleacher seats do have backs to them, so they are pretty comfortable.
                                www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X