No announcement yet.

Coors Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Coors, though its interior layout seems like camden flipped. I really like that it has a large $4 seat section in the outfield. If i lived in Denver I would be there most every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
      Wow and hok park that looks like another hok park lol. I like coors field because it matches their downtown vibe and rejuvinated the area. Unlike ballpark at arlington which matches nothing and rejunivated nothing.
      They weren't trying to rejuvinate anything in Arlington. That ballpark was just supposed to be part of an sports and entertainment complex. The ballpark was built next to a nice, but older neighborhood which has since been torn apart so the new Dallas Cowboys stadium could be built on that site. The exterior of the Arlington ballpark matches the Texas theme the Rangers have. It sits on a typical north Texas prairie and has etchings of lonestars and longhorns in the limestone. You can't see that ornamenture from the usual photos but it looks better in person. I'd say that the Rangers ballpark would have been better had it been nestled somewhere in downtown Dallas to mix in with the entertainment areas already in place, but it also does fine where it is at.

I love Coors Field. The stamp of the stadium is also very large. They have too many seats (especially the upper deck in right field), but the stadium is very nice. I thought the centerfield deck was a pretty cool place to hang out for a game. I've seen just about every part of that stadium, public and private, and it is very nice. It works perfectly in the downtown area.

Below are some photos I took at Coors Field back in September of this year.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Astros View Post
        They have too many seats (especially the upper deck in right field)...
        The right field decks have always reminded me of a baseball park that had been modified to better accommodate football. Kinda like what they did with Candlestick. I can see a huge section of seats being unfolded from under there.

Actually, I think Coors would be the best fit for football, among the newer parks that have already hosted college football games.

Comment

they always have the best grass

Comment

I love Coors Field. The stamp of the stadium is also very large. They have too many seats (especially the upper deck in right field), but the stadium is very nice.
            Coors Field was originally designed with a capacity of around 43k, but the design was expanded to 50k due to the Rockies' large attendance numbers at Mile High ('93,'94).
            I'm sure there's a model or renderings of Coors Field's original scaled back design somewhere. Seating is very similar to Safeco, but Safeco's seating decks seem to have slightly more overhang. Coors' RF seating and bullpen setup very similar to Safeco's LF, except for Coors second deck has actual seats vs Safeco's benches, and of course the Coors upper deck. Each have manually operated scoreboards, Coors in right and Safeco in left.

Comment

They weren't trying to rejuvinate anything in Arlington. That ballpark was just supposed to be part of an sports and entertainment complex. The ballpark was built next to a nice, but older neighborhood which has since been torn apart so the new Dallas Cowboys stadium could be built on that site. The exterior of the Arlington ballpark matches the Texas theme the Rangers have. It sits on a typical north Texas prairie and has etchings of lonestars and longhorns in the limestone. You can't see that ornamenture from the usual photos but it looks better in person. I'd say that the Rangers ballpark would have been better had it been nestled somewhere in downtown Dallas to mix in with the entertainment areas already in place, but it also does fine where it is at.
              I always got the impression that Arlington wasn't trying to rejuvinate anything, but it still seemed out of place to have look like a downtown peice but put in the suburbs.

I like the baseball clock over the scoreboard that you don't notice until you look close, thats a cool little thing to do.
              The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
                I would be shocked if they changed the name. Denver is, and will always be Coors Country. It's not even the best beer in the area though. We went up to Ft. Collins one day to tour the New Belgium Brewery, and came away very impressed. We get Fat Tire and a couple of other New Belgium microbrews in California, but they had at least 12 different varieties at the brewery, and they were all very nice.

As for the Coors Field interior, it's been done in just about every other HoK park since Camden. It's not bad, but it's also not interesting. Even the view of the mountains is pretty weak since most of them are behind 3rd base. What exactly do you like about the C.F. interior?
                I was there in 2005, and I didnt have a camera with me, but from what I remember everything just seemed beautiful there. The interior has a great flow to it. I dont like when decks are broken up with gaps in them, and the UD at Coors just seems so intimidating. I love the bullpens. I hung out there alot and thought they were designed with amazing detail. I watched BP from behind homeplate, and the design of the backscreen area looked different to me from anywhere else. The ushers were out-of-there-way friendly. The Rockpile was great for a couple of innings, just flat benches with no backs to them. The LF concourse reminded me a little bit of the outfield concourse at USCF back in Chicago, so extra points for that too.
                www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Coors looks much nicer than Citi Field from the outside. The darker brick really makes a difference.
                  sigpic
                  My Mets Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by skobabe8 View Post
                    The interior has a great flow to it. I dont like when decks are broken up with gaps in them, and the UD at Coors just seems so intimidating.
                    Upper decks with unnecessary breaks and gaps in their upper decks include, Comerica, CBP, GABP, Nationals Park, Petco, Busch. Hopefully that trend is over. Coors, Safeco and AT&T are very nice. Keep it west.

Comment

The row of purple seats is a nice touch.

Comment

Mile High Spectacular

Comment

I think that NBBJ took note of this cutting edge HOK facility and created Safeco Field from it.. Too many features are similar, including the off faceted batters eye seating, the batters eye, and the right field seating comparable to the left field of Safeco Field.. Add a different scoreboard and a left field retractable roof and we'd have a Safeco Field five years before Safeco was even a thought.. It's good that NBBJ took notice of what HOK was doing.. Without HOK, future parks such as Safeco Field would not have come to fruition..

"...So the winning run is on second base, with two outs, three and two to Mookie Wilson.

Little roller up along first; BEHIND THE BAG! It gets through Buckner!

Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!"

- Vin Scully, Announcer

Comment

1ST Post ...

Coors Field is amazing

I would highly recommend sitting in the Pavilion in center field or club level

By far it is the Best stadium in all of the Denver metro area

This is home for me 5280 feet above sea level when you are sitting in the purple seats of course

And alot of Coors Light I gotta help out the local Economy as much as I can even though MillerCoors are moving there corp HQ to Chicago

I almost saw my two favorite baseball teams play in the World Series

The Cleveland Indians and the Colorado Rockies

I can dream Can't I !!

I hate The Boston RedSox!!!
                            Colorado Rockies

Cleveland indians

Comment

I love Coors.
                              www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...