Clear All

Demand more out of life

HOK really did a magnificent job with Coors Field :applaud:
    Facade

RF Stands

bullpen

aerial

Comment

Of all the ballparks I've ever taken in a game, this is my very favorite by far. I love the easy access (I use public transportation most games) and the fact that if you want, you can walk around the "open to the field" concourse all afternoon and for all intent and purpose, never miss a play. I've done just that on several occasions with my uncle who enjoys going to ballgames and people watching and such. He never was much of a baseball fan until he moved to Colorado and began taking in the Rocks games with me.

I have simply got to get ambitious and post some of the 100's of photos I took of Coors while under construction. They were taken back in the early to mid 90's so I used my SLR back then, still need to scan and clean up a bit. They are all taken from the outside, I was never bold enough like some of the good folks over at CF and NYS to get inside and photograph whilst under construction. Probably could have, had I asked, but back then it seemed only important to document the progress from outside.

Thanks to those of you, mrakbaseball comes to mind first of all (and you others know who you be) for keeping this park up in the forefront of BF. He does a great job of keeping western states ballparks on BF. I sort of dropped the ball I feel, living only 5 miles west of Coors Field. Like most on here and with my daughter having moved to NYC a year and a half ago, and visiting myself a couple times . . . I got sort of caught up and distracted in the NY hoopla (not a bad hoopla to be attacked by, BTW) with the old stadiums demise and the introduction of the new.

Comment

Club level and Suites

Club level concourse

suite

Comment

All of these pics are great. I'm glad to see that other fans appreciate Coors Field.

Make sure you have a Blue Moon at the Sandlot Brewery inside the Stadium. The Blue Moon is brewed at Coors Field.
          Last edited by Altitude; 02-14-2009, 12:27 AM.
          Denver Bears* (1955-1985)/ Zephyrs (1985-1992)
          Colorado Rockies (1993-Present)
          1995 2007 2009
          * - preferred name

Comment

Originally posted by Altitude View Post
            All of these pics are great. I'm glad to see that other fans appreciate Coors Field.

Make sure you have a Blue Moon at the Sandlot Brewery inside the Stadium. The Blue Moon is brewed at Coors Field.
            Coors Field is awesome. I really love that stadium. The design on the outside is very cool. Everyone always seems to just see the facade behind home plate but the overall design is very nice. The brewery was very nice. I've seen a night game and a day game under clear blue sky and they were all great. The one detraction is that they probably put too many seats in there but in reality that didn't seem to be a big deal. I think some on the Rockies staff will agree with me on the seating capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Astros View Post
              Coors Field is awesome. I really love that stadium. The design on the outside is very cool. Everyone always seems to just see the facade behind home plate but the overall design is very nice. The brewery was very nice. I've seen a night game and a day game under clear blue sky and they were all great. The one detraction is that they probably put too many seats in there but in reality that didn't seem to be a big deal. I think some on the Rockies staff will agree with me on the seating capacity.
              Too many empty seats are bad when the team is down, but having them fill up when the team is good is a whole other animal. Tell me you did not have chills go down your spine when you heard 50,000 people chant: "Go Rock-ies!" in the 2007 NLCS?
              Denver Bears* (1955-1985)/ Zephyrs (1985-1992)
              Colorado Rockies (1993-Present)
              1995 2007 2009
              * - preferred name

Comment

Originally posted by Altitude View Post
                Tell me you did not have chills go down your spine when you heard 50,000 people chant: "Go Rock-ies!" in the 2007 NLCS?
                I agree Altitude, nothing so beautiful as the rutkus that occurs when that chat begins. Do you remember the same chant at Mile High? West side of the park with "GO!" and the east side answering back with "ROCKIES!". Coors Field is great, but I have never heard as much energy as I witnessed over at MH in the "old days".

Comment

Coors Field

I am an admirer of this ballpark, however the club level and upper deck seem the furthest from the field as any ballpark in baseball. SAFECO's seating configuration is very similar to Coors' but, I believe SAFECO'S comparable club level and upper seem closer, perhaps 12-15 ft closer to the field than Coors' seating.

I never noticed the purple mountains on the glass here. Never paid enough attention.

Dugout

Comment

Great pics. Thanks. I really like Coors Field. I like the whole area down there with the food and shops. To this day, the best batting practice I ever watched was when McGwire was hitting the scoreboard and coming real close to the Rock Pile.
                    Go Gigantes!

Comment

Originally posted by chris14 View Post
                      Great pics. Thanks. I really like Coors Field. I like the whole area down there with the food and shops. To this day, the best batting practice I ever watched was when McGwire was hitting the scoreboard and coming real close to the Rock Pile.
                      Steriods will help ya do that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Coors Field's visitors amenities

clubhouse

physical therapy area

visitors batting cage

Comment

An example of how distant the upper deck is from the field
                          [/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by mrakbaseball View Post
                            An example of how distant the upper deck is from the field
                            The cross-sections for Coors Field and Safeco Field are almost identical.

Comment

Originally posted by pudgie_child View Post
                              The cross-sections for Coors Field and Safeco Field are almost identical.
                              I guarantee Safeco's upper deck is closer to the field than Coors' is. Similar configuration but Safeco's is definitely closer.

Comment

Safeco's upper deck is closer to the field than Coors' upper deck

Griffey's 2007 return to SAFECO

Ichiro during '01 Division Series
                                ]

Safeco's grandstand
                                [/QUOTE]

An example of how distant Coors' upper deck is from the field

I guarantee Safeco's upper deck is closer to the field than Coors' is. Similar configuration but Safeco's is definitely closer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X