Coors Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classy Coors Field

The Great Coors Field. The National League West's 2nd greatest ballpark behind AT&T!

Comment

The Beautiful Coors Sunset

Very nice

Comment

Coors in the Winter

Flawless

Comment

Coors' Facade

Well, would you look at this, a ballpark with an actual facade!

Comment

Facades are overrated! They don't mean diddly-poop once you've entered the gates. Give me a ballpark where I'm close to the action, and I'll be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by mrakbaseball View Post
              I guarantee Safeco's upper deck is closer to the field than Coors' is. Similar configuration but Safeco's is definitely closer.
              Per google earth, Coors' upper deck is 89.75' away from the first row line, while Safeco is 95. So, they are effectively the same. Both have a disengaged UD down the lines. Coors seems to continue the line a little longer, which pushes the seats farther away, while Safeco seems to make up for it by being slightly farther away.
              http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sean O View Post
                Per google earth, Coors' upper deck is 89.75' away from the first row line, while Safeco is 95. So, they are effectively the same. Both have a disengaged UD down the lines. Coors seems to continue the line a little longer, which pushes the seats farther away, while Safeco seems to make up for it by being slightly farther away.
                How dare you, sir!

Seriously, though, I always thought that Safeco and Coors had almost identical cross-sections. It would seem kind of pointless to claim that one is significantly better than the other.

I still like the Camden Yards cross-section the best, though. No view from the concourses (even the club concourse), but the benefit of that is an upper deck closer to the field.

Comment

Originally posted by pudgie_child View Post
                  I still like the Camden Yards cross-section the best, though. No view from the concourses (even the club concourse), but the benefit of that is an upper deck closer to the field.
                  It's my understanding that Camden's enclosed walkway is unrelated to the layout, though it is (imho) preferable to the typical bowl. I'm fine with walkways above the LD bowl, but I will always prefer portals to everything being wide open. Camden could just as easily have gone for an NYS-type split LD.

As it is, Camden's upper-lower deck thing is really really awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean O View Post
                    It's my understanding that Camden's enclosed walkway is unrelated to the layout, though it is (imho) preferable to the typical bowl. I'm fine with walkways above the LD bowl, but I will always prefer portals to everything being wide open. Camden could just as easily have gone for an NYS-type split LD.

As it is, Camden's upper-lower deck thing is really really awkward.
                    The Camden Yards configuration is a mild variation on the cross-section at Anaheim Stadium.

Splitting the lower deck would have raised the elevation and rake of both the club level and upper deck, ultimately raising the overall height of the ballpark and lowering the quality of the average seat in the upper deck. Think Miller Park.

If the architects wanted a concourse with a view of the field, they could have put the main concourse at the back of the lower deck and, thus, created a concourse with a view of the field (similar to the terrace level concourse at Anaheim). There would have been a few negatives (and a few positives) with this design, but it would have satisfied those people who want to be able to turn their heads to look at the field while they're waiting to buy a hot dog.

Comment

The Great Coors Field. The National League West's 2nd greatest ballpark behind AT&T!
                      Dodger Stadium is number one. :applaud:

Comment

If the architects wanted a concourse with a view of the field, they could have put the main concourse at the back of the lower deck and, thus, created a concourse with a view of the field (similar to the terrace level concourse at Anaheim). There would have been a few negatives (and a few positives) with this design, but it would have satisfied those people who want to be able to turn their heads to look at the field while they're waiting to buy a hot dog.
                        Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the open-concourse only thing HOK's been doing, likely because I grew up with Fenway's combination dealie. You are correct that nearly every HOK park has ups the distance from the field for the club/UD level, plus the concomitant issue of an increased rake (or farther from the field) just to see the entire field.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
                          Dodger Stadium is number one. :applaud:
                          You've already said that, in at least 3 threads. There, you got your response.

Comment

Flawless

They need to tear down the upper deck and middle deck in right field, like 5 years ago.

Comment

They need to tear down the upper deck and middle deck in right field, like 5 years ago.
                              Where are the renderings Coors Field's original design?

Comment

Viewing distance questions will be answered.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X