Coors Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zoso View Post
    The Mariners have the same exact thing in their ballpark, only it looks worse and the seats are angled a tad askew from the plate.

What thinkest thee about that?
    That's debatable. The main scoreboard is behind the CF bleachers at Safeco. There's nothing behind the Rockpile at Coors.

Comment

• Rf

Coors Field: Among the National League's best

source

Comment

• While traveling out west in 1996 with a buddy of mine, we drove through Denver. He scheduled a job interview so I figured I'd just walk the town to kill time. I lucked out b/c the Rockies had businessman's special scheduled with the Cardinals. I bough a ticket and watched about 5 innings. Got to see Ozzie Smith turn two.

I thought Coors Field was a great, great, ballpark.

Comment

• Ozzie Smith

Originally posted by 4evertribe View Post
          While traveling out west in 1996 with a buddy of mine, we drove through Denver. He scheduled a job interview so I figured I'd just walk the town to kill time. I lucked out b/c the Rockies had businessman's special scheduled with the Cardinals. I bough a ticket and watched about 5 innings. Got to see Ozzie Smith turn two.

I thought Coors Field was a great, great, ballpark.
          Ozzie Smith still doesn't talk to LaRussa?

Comment

• Blue Moon is made there!? Now i have to get out there! The NL West really does have some of the best ballparks

P.S. I hate the Raiders too
            22 League Pennants

Assume nothing; Question everything

Comment

• World Series

Coors Field was the site of the World Series in 2007. The National League West has been represented several times this decade. Arizona in 2001, San Francisco in 2002 and Colorado in 2007.

Comment

• Make that playoff push Colorado

I'm rooting for Colorado to make the postseason. Coors deserves October baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
                  I'm rooting for Colorado to make the postseason. Coors deserves October baseball.
                  I guess when your own team can't make it you wind up rooting for anybody.
                  I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                  - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Pre-'93 and '94 attendance highs

Any sketches or models or renderings of Coors Field when it was originally designed with a capacity between 41-43k?

Comment

• During construction, workers discovered a number of dinosaur fossils throughout the grounds. Because of this, "Jurassic Park" was one of the first names to be considered for the stadium. This later led to the selection of a dinosaur as the Rockies' mascot, "Dinger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coors_Field

I knew they discovered a triceratops underneath Coors Field, but I forgot that Jurassic Park was a name up for consideration to the stadium.
                      Denver Bears* (1955-1985)/ Zephyrs (1985-1992)
                      Colorado Rockies (1993-Present)
                      1995 2007 2009
                      * - preferred name

Comment

• Things are looking up!!!!

Today is the "Ides of March" . . . Wednesday is "St. Patricks Day" . . . and 25 days until opening day at Coors Field! Things are definetly looking up! Life begins anew!

I found these photos/sketches on StadiumPage.com site (http://www.stadiumpage.com/). I recall the model and seeing it in about '92 when it was displayed in the State Capitol rotunda. Thanks stadiumpage, hope you don't mind my sharing these here . . . great finds! I have looked for years for a photo of the model of Coors, to no avail.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• That top picture is a program from the exhibition games against the New York Yankees. I still have that game program.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
                            Today is the "Ides of March" . . . Wednesday is "St. Patricks Day" . . . and 25 days until opening day at Coors Field! Things are definetly looking up! Life begins anew!

I found these photos/sketches on StadiumPage.com site (http://www.stadiumpage.com/). I recall the model and seeing it in about '92 when it was displayed in the State Capitol rotunda. Thanks stadiumpage, hope you don't mind my sharing these here . . . great finds! I have looked for years for a photo of the model of Coors, to no avail.
                            That's totally ok Digger. Its always been really hard to find any pre-open renderings of Coors. I guess because it opened "pre-internet"..
                            These were all from an Inaugural Season program that I bought for a few bucks on Ebay.
                            StadiumPage.com
                            Stadium Google Map

Comment

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
                              That's totally ok Digger. Its always been really hard to find any pre-open renderings of Coors. I guess because it opened "pre-internet"..
                              These were all from an Inaugural Season program that I bought for a few bucks on Ebay.
                              Thank you! That would explain where I have seen these images before. Sportfantic mentioned the program from the Yankee exhibition games in '95. I have several myself, including opening day on April 26, 1995, only they are "somewhere" in my crowded attic (I bi-annually load a bunch of stuff around the house and deposit into the attic, out of the way). All these times, I could not remember where I had seen images of the model Coors . . . thanks guys for unclogging my clogged up mind . . .ha! Someday either I'll get motivated and look through all those attic boxes or when I close my account someday and let my kiddo's go through them . . . ha! I think you are absolutely right stadiumpage . . . on the "pre-internet" theory as to why those pictures are ready and available, digitally.

Comment

• Tonight is the 15 year anniversary of the inaugural game Coors Field on April 26, 1995. Dante Bichette is supposed to be present for the ceremonies. I aim to take a few pictures, will try and post tomorrow.

15 years already!!! Good Lode dat a spell o time! Tonights game pits the Snakes vs. the Rox.

Also, a couple shots from my April 15 afternoon game vs. the Mets, before my camera ran out of gas.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X