Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ebbets Field 1957" Model

Hello all,

As you know, my "Yankee Stadium 1973" model has been seen here and there in this forum. Now, I want to share another project with you, one that hopefully you all will enjoy. It is a model of Ebbets Field, as it looked in 1957, its final season. This model only took me about 22 months to build (November 1989 to September 1991), a lot faster than the sixteen-plus years that it took to build Yankee Stadium. It has been a relatively well-kept secret until now. I'll post a few pictures here now, and I have the full album up on my MySpace page, which will be viewable to the public for a short time. I dedicated this model to my late father, who was an unbelievably die-hard Brooklyn Dodger fan (and. of course,a Yankee hater). I completed the model about a year and a half before he passed, so I'm glad that he had the chance to see it.

I hope that I did it justice.

Enjoy.
    Brad
    Attached Files
    "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." - Lou Gehrig, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwsl8YtxqQ
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestadiumguy/

Wow that is a great model!!!!!

Your dad must have loved it.

Seth
    Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...6078886&ref=ts

Comment

Your dad must have been pretty proud. That thing is RIDICULOUS...

I wouldn't be know where to begin about where to start to begin to think about how to build something like that...

Amazing...

Comment

Wow, that is an amazing replica. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

What, you couldn't do the surrounding neighborhood too?

That's amazing...excellent work!

Comment

Sweet. You've got a talent that few possess.

Comment

Watch out for Robert Moses,... he will want to demolish it and put up public housing.
              But seriously, that is incredible. Great job.
              http://soundbounder.blogspot.com/

Comment

Amazing! Great job!

Comment

Did you post this on the Brooklyn Dodger forum? I'm sure they'd love to see it.

Comment

Dear the stadium guy,

I'm a Yankee fan. But I do appreciate great talent and magnificent work. What a great masterpiece you've made!!! Thank you for the honor of sharing it with us. Ebbets Field is legendary. I'm sorry it's not around for us to visit. But you did the next best thing.

I'm glad your dad got to see it. I'll bet it was one of the happiest, proudest days of his life. You guys who have the talent, patience, and craftsmanship to create these gorgeous masterpieces are truly blessing all of us who wish we had these rare qualities.

Thank you for the honor and joy you bring to this fantastic site. Perhaps a Polo Grounds model will appear in the near future.

Most Sincerely,
                    Mike Wagner

Comment

Excellent Model

Brad...your Ebbets Field model is terrific. The detail is amazing..what a nice keep sake. I too I have built a model of that great ballpark and a photo is attached.

Gooberkitty
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gooberkitty; 01-09-2009, 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by gooberkitty View Post
                        Brad...your Ebbets Field model is terrific. The detail is amazing..what a nice keep sake. I too I have built a model of that great ballpark and a photo is attached.

Gooberkitty
                        do you have any additional pictures? Your model also looks amazing!!

Comment

Brad, you did it justice. And that sure was a well-kept secret. Glad you shared it here.
                          Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. This model was as much a labor of love as my Yankee Stadium model, but for different reasons. I now want to take this time to briefly reply to each one of you.

Seth: my father did love it. He was a man of few words in his later years, so "good job, son" meant a lot.

Saltzy: Dad was proud, believe me. It was a lot easier than I thought to gather pictures and the lower stand seating chart to build it. The hard part was COLOR pictures, of which I have a few and will put up here as soon as I scan them.

tomzpc, Mario Mendoza, Yankeefan3783, Yankswun98: thanks again for the compliments.

OffTheTable65: I think gooberkitty has that covered.

parlo: Robert Moses will have to do that from the grave.

gooberkitty: yours is terrific in its own right. I'd love to see some more pics of yours.

metfan13: I just might do that. I'd love to hear what DODGERDEB would say.

Monument: Thanks, I appreciate that. It wasn't really meant to be kept under wraps; in fact, Rich Marazzi wrote a story for Sports Collectors Digest about 16 years ago, and it has been on News 12 Long Island twice. But it never caught on like the Yankee Stadium model did, hence the "well-kept secret".

Mike: I too am a Yankee fan and have been for about 42 years My father the Dodger fan took me to my first Yankee game at the old Stadium, so biulbing Ebbets was like returning the favor, so to speak. Your words are most appreciated. And good luck with your book. I will be one of the first to buy it!

Thanks again, all.
                            Brad
                            "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." - Lou Gehrig, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwsl8YtxqQ
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestadiumguy/

Comment

Both of those models are truly amazing. In a time before the internet and access to as many photos as we have today, it is really amazing to see the details that have been replicated in such a incredible manner. How did both of you (the stadium guy & gooberkitty) get your measurements? Did you have access to any blueprints?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X