Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Camden Yards getting old?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    With this thread, I hope I'm not seeing a trend in the beltway reguarding replacing new stadiums. Case-in-point, FedEx Field. Why Snider even has cajones to to replace that 12 year old stadium is beyond me.
    1924 1987 1991
    1925, 1933, 1965
    1969, 1970, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010
    10/26/1991
    ....And we'll see you tomorrow night!sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Ill be in town for an Eddie Vedder concert in June and I see the Braves are there. going to get the cheap seats and just walk around the park as always, eat at Boogs, take pics, cant wait! OP NEVER gets old

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Tullydew View Post
        The only thing at Camden that is getting old is all the Yankee fans that descend down 95 to visit it.

        Stay above the Mason Dixon line...I hate feeling like the visiting team in my own ballpark
        Get used to it. It is too exepnsive for the non-sterotypical Yankee fan to go to the new Stadium without having to sit in the Upper Deck past the foul poles or on a metal bench. Think on the bright side, our selling out your Stadium will help you during the holidays with a free-agent or two or help load up for farm system to the level it was back in the 60's. Of course this strategy would probably include Andy MacPhail running the shots on his own without "help" from Angelos.

        P.S. If you compare 1996 and 2008, Yankee Stadium and Camden Yards have reversed there attendance status as I remember that Camden was sold out every night and Yankee, if they got over 30,000 on a weeknight was a well-attended game, now it is the opposite. The only reason the Yankees are not totally sold-out this year is the obsence prices for the Legends Seating.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SJLT252 View Post
          Get used to it. It is too exepnsive for the non-sterotypical Yankee fan to go to the new Stadium without having to sit in the Upper Deck past the foul poles or on a metal bench. Think on the bright side, our selling out your Stadium will help you during the holidays with a free-agent or two or help load up for farm system to the level it was back in the 60's. Of course this strategy would probably include Andy MacPhail running the shots on his own without "help" from Angelos.

          P.S. If you compare 1996 and 2008, Yankee Stadium and Camden Yards have reversed there attendance status as I remember that Camden was sold out every night and Yankee, if they got over 30,000 on a weeknight was a well-attended game, now it is the opposite. The only reason the Yankees are not totally sold-out this year is the obsence prices for the Legends Seating.
          This is true that the Yankees and Red Sox fans do put money in Angelos pockets and helps the bottom line. I just wish my fellow O's fans would get pissed that our park is being taken over and make a point to go to these games so the hoards of Yanks/Sox fans cant get their hands on them.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Tullydew View Post
            This is true that the Yankees and Red Sox fans do put money in Angelos pockets and helps the bottom line. I just wish my fellow O's fans would get pissed that our park is being taken over and make a point to go to these games so the hoards of Yanks/Sox fans cant get their hands on them.
            The bottom line is, when the O's finally decide to put a winning product on the field the fans will come.
            Baltimore is one of the premier franchises in this league and its ashame that its been well over a decade since they've had a relevent team. This is the Baltimore Orioles were talking about, Earl Weaver, Jim Palmer, Frank Rob, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray, Cal Ripken. This is a proud franchise. They should be as popular as any other team.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
              The bottom line is, when the O's finally decide to put a winning product on the field the fans will come.
              Baltimore is one of the premier franchises in this league and its ashame that its been well over a decade since they've had a relevent team. This is the Baltimore Orioles were talking about, Earl Weaver, Jim Palmer, Frank Rob, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray, Cal Ripken. This is a proud franchise. They should be as popular as any other team.
              We have a great farm system and have 4 players ranked in the top 50 prospects in the minors. Matt Wieters was ranked by Baseball America as the overall #1 prospect. We also have 3 stud pitchers ( Chris Tillmon, Brian Matusz, and Jake Arrietta) on the way.
              The O's will be on the rise in 10' and hopefully contending w/ the big boys in 2011.

              Comment


              • #37
















                Last edited by Philtration; 05-19-2009, 08:02 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  i like looking at Zack hamples blog too Philtration. closing in on 4000 balls

                  Comment


                  • #39
















                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by li7039 View Post
                      i like looking at Zack hamples blog too Philtration. closing in on 4000 balls
                      He has some great pics and I love reading how he goes about getting the balls at each stadium.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I got to go down to Camden Yards last night for the first time. LOVED it. Everything everyone said about the park was true, and while the place did seam a little small, especially compared to NYS where I'm used to going, I thought it was great. For some reason though, I think the light towers were my favorite part, I absolutely loved the design of them. Heres a few pictures, sorry for the quality, they were taken with my phone.




                        Comment


                        • #42
                          a couple panoramas i put together from a game in the beginning of this season



                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I was there on sunday for an Os/Braves game. 4 rows behind home plate

                            still an amazing ballpark. I cannot imagine how awesome the place is when the Orioles are GOOD. that place deserves a winner. and fast

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              No, it is not getting old

                              How can anyone not like this place?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Great ballpark, you really feel like your on top of the action. That is #1 on MY list of what makes a great stadium in any sport.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X