Is Camden Yards getting old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrigley & Fenway are ancient.

Camden is still in its teen years. It can't be old.

Comment

I was there last night for the Mets/O's game it it's a breathtaking park.

It's a hell of a lot better then Fenway.

I wouldent change a thing about it.

Comment

Camden Yards is the morden day classic! It gets Better with age.

Comment

I agree with everyone else. I love Camden Yards. I remember the first game that I went to there. I had been living in Miami, and the only major league park I had been in over the previous 5 years was Joe Robbie Stadium. When I moved back up to DC, I went up to Baltimore, where I had gone for many years to watch the Orioles up at old Memorial Stadium, and saw the Birds play at Camden Yards for the first time. My first reaction, besides how beautiful it was, was that it seemed so small (like someone else just said). I had gotten used to Joe Robbie, which is way too big for baseball. Camden Yards is a real gem. I love Nationals Park now too, where I go to watch my Nats play, but Camden Yards will always be a special place to me, as well.

Comment

It's hard not to notice all the empty seats in some of those shots. That really says a lot about the state of the Orioles these days.

Comment

Camden yards is fine IMO:applaud:

Comment

If I didn't know anything about baseball whatsoever, and someone told me that Camden Yards opened up this season, I would believe them. It still looks brand new on TV.

Comment

Camden - one of the few, if only, retro, brick and steel parks that looks natural and not forced and contrived. It's still holding up well and now looking like a true classic instead of a new "classic." Now if only Angelos would sell the team so that the O's can go back to being one of the more respectable team.

Comment

Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Orioles fans do have bragging rights over Philly fans and both NY teams with the fact that their team plays in the best ballpark in the Eastern time zone. Good for them. :applaud:

Comment

Last edited by Rob R; 06-22-2009, 02:39 AM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
                        Orioles fans do have bragging rights over Philly fans and both NY teams with the fact that their team plays in the best ballpark in the Eastern time zone. Good for them. :applaud:
                        Of course, if Camden were in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, it would never be able to compete with such beauties like Safeco. By the way, is the 1st base side of Safeco's exterior still under construction or were they trying to convey that unfinished "Building still under construction" look? What up with that?

Comment

Not much going on Rob?

Originally posted by Rob R View Post
                          Of course, if Camden were in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, it would never be able to compete with such beauties like Safeco. By the way, is the 1st base side of Safeco's exterior still under construction or were they trying to convey that unfinished "Building still under construction" look? What up with that?
                          So, is Camden Yards getting old? Since you brought up Safeco's "unfinished" look, I bring up Yankee Mallpark's cold, sterile, uninviting, drab unfinished look.

What is up with the ugly, blank, gray walls? Not enough of that precious limestone for the whole stadium? I don't hate new things, I hate new things that aren't as good as they could've and should have been.

p.s.
                          Set your clock forward an hour, it's Daylight Savings Time.
                          Last edited by Bobby_Ayala; 06-23-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I don't agree with that because you forgot about Fenway. The baseball atmosphere is light years better at Fenway than at Camden. Love Camden Yards though I haven't been there since the year it opened.

Comment

Originally posted by majorleads View Post
                              I don't agree with that because you forgot about Fenway. The baseball atmosphere is light years better at Fenway than at Camden. Love Camden Yards though I haven't been there since the year it opened.
                              I was referring to "new" parks. Even though Camden opened up in '92, parks built in the "90s and '00s are still sometimes referred to as "new".

Comment

I was referring to "new" parks. Even though Camden opened up in '92, parks built in the "90s and '00s are still sometimes referred to as "new".
                                Oh ok, well then I unfortunately agree with you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X