Worst of the New/Semi-new Ballparks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst of the New/Semi-new Ballparks?

Thought this would be thread to discuss stadiums that didn't impress you and what not. For me, I would have to say progressive field (new enough) as the outside looks like an erector set the the third base side barely has any seats its like a condominium complex. Second would be Great American Ballpark, doesn't really do anything for me. Feel free to add pics...

Even though I'm a D'backs fan, Chase Field should be near the top. With the roof closed, you feel like your in an airplane hanger.

Comment

Chase Field & Miller Park. The gigantic roofs simply overpowers everything else in the stadiums. Worse than that, due to the roof design, they are forced to design a giant wall beyond the outfield to support the roof making everything feel very enclosed and indoorsy.

Comment

Progressive Field

Comment

Great American Ballpark is sort of drab
          Definitely didn't care much for Miller Park

Comment

Originally posted by soup View Post
            Great American Ballpark is sort of drab
            Definitely didn't care much for Miller Park
            i like great american park...i never been to most of the new stadiums but chase def. looks the worse...

out of the ones I been to, i would say citizens bank was very nice, hopefully citi tops it.
            NL Wild Card
            1999 2000

NL East Division Champs
            1969 1973 1986 1988 2006

National League Champs
            1969 1973 1986 2000

World Champs
            1969 1986

Comment

GABP is usually a part of these conversations, so I am looking forward to seeing it for myself this summer.
              www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

erector set

wtf?

Comment

Not a fan of Miller Park.

Comment

Stacks of Suites

I don't like certain features more than any particular ballpark, especially since I haven't personally seen many of them.

Number 1 gripe: Stacks of suites (US Cellular, Progressive, etc)
                    This really only applies to the first set of new parks (before club seating levels) but it just looks bad. Even though replacing suites with a
                    club level doesn't bring the upper deck any closer to the field, it just flows better.

US Cellular:
                    uscellHP.jpg

And Jacobs Field from before:
                    Prog_pan2.jpg
                    This would look MUCH better if the club seats along the first base line were mirrored on the third base side.

Minor gripe: I prefer parks that put the club level BELOW the suite level: Target Field, NYS, Nationals, etc

I know it's all rich people seating, but club seats don't FEEL as exclusionary. Maybe it's because they're still outside.

(all pics from stadiumpage.com)
                    There's no use being pessimistic, it won't work anyways

Comment

^^^^ For some reason, your pics are not loading, but US Cellular does not have suites stacked like Progressive Field does. I am curious what your picture shows.
                      www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Originally posted by skobabe8 View Post
                        ^^^^ For some reason, your pics are not loading, but US Cellular does not have suites stacked like Progressive Field does. I am curious what your picture shows.
                        The pic shows the area around the pressbox behind home plate. You can see the areas to either side too. You can see the lower level of suites, then the four/five rows of hanging out, then the upper level of suites. Down the lines, it turns into three levels of normal suites.

For the record, I really do like what they've done with the place over the years. It's much improved, and the roof looks great.
                        There's no use being pessimistic, it won't work anyways

Comment

The Tropicana Dome in St. Petersburg is the worst of the worst. Not a fan of Houston with that stupid train, either.
                          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I've never been to Miller Park but every time I see it on TV I can't stand that stupid slide and the sausage race. Is this a baseball game or a freakin' Chucky Cheese?

I'm not against having little gimmicks and attractions at ballparks. But Miller Park just overdoes it IMO.
                            STOP ABUSING COFFEE

Comment

I love Miller Park. They've had the slide and sausage race since the days at County Stadium.

My vote goes to Minute Maid.
                              "Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X