X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Meet me at the corner of Shea and Seaver."

X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• And if your car is parked in a low spot in the parking lots, you Will be calling your insurance company tomorrow.
      20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• How the Immigrant Dream Died in an Automotive Shantytown in NYT

A romantic look at the remaining businesses and culture of the Iron Triangle with some incredible photographs. Here's one with Citi Field (reversed as a result of the photographic technique) and a current map of the businesses in the area (the overlay labels didn't make the leap from the Times' page).

Willets_02-2000.jpg

willets-point-map-Artboard_2.png
        Last edited by JohnCropp; 12-18-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
          Here's one with Citi Field (reversed as a result of the photographic technique)
          Here's the photo, un-reversed.

Here's how the Times piece describes the photographic technique...
          "These photographs were made in recent months using a technique common in the 19th century. The images, captured on plates called tintypes, are reversed . . . The tintypes in this project were created using a 19th-century process called wet plate collodion. Chemicals are poured onto an enameled 4-inch-by-5-inch sheet of metal, rendering the colors differently than in a traditional black-and-white image. While a positive image is developed almost instantly, the scene is also reversed like a negative."

X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

Here's the photo, un-reversed.

Is that someone stealing gas out of that parked car??? Or relieving themselves in the gas tank filler neck?
            20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• I was on the 7 train yesterday and noticed there were a large number of holiday-themed lights. There is the ongoing (until January 26, 2020) the Hello Panda Festival in the old Shea Stadium parking lot:

https://www.mlb.com/mets/tickets/specials/hello-panda
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post

Is that someone stealing gas out of that parked car??? Or relieving themselves in the gas tank filler neck?
                When a man and a car love each other very, very much ...

Comment

• Here's a digital image of the back page of today's NY Post (3/26/20). I'm sharing it here because it includes a photo of the marquee which shows Mr. Met encouraging fans to stay safe and stay home.

X
                  What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

Here's a digital image of the back page of today's NY Post (3/26/20). I'm sharing it here because it includes a photo of the marquee which shows Mr. Met encouraging fans to stay safe and stay home.

I congratulate them on their restraint, it must have been so tempting to have put an inset picture/headline of Noah Syndergaard getting TJS in Manhattan today instead at the Hospital for Special Surgery
                    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Best wishes, prayers and vibes from a Phillies fan in Cleveland to Mets fans and everyone in New York (city and state)! Be smart, be safe (for yourself and others), stay put!

Comment

• Thumbs up to PA announcer Colin Cosell!

Did you hear what he's doing? He's making custom walk-up announcements, with your name, a position and number of your choosing, and walk-up music of your choice. Best of all, he's doing it absolutely free!

I had one made - yes, I had him introduce me as the Thumbs Down Guy, which he was happy to do (in his e-mail accompanying the finished product, he wrote, "Thanks so much for reaching out and asking for a call-up! You've provided me with enough entertainment, it only seems right.") - and it sounds great.

I'd love to share the recording here, but I don't know how to share an audio file (MP3) online. If anybody here can walk me through how it's done, I'd really appreciate it.

Meanwhile, he's still accepting requests. This article in the Mets Insider Blog gives you all the information you need to request one.

So if you've ever wondered how your name would sound if it were announced by an actual genuine real Major League Baseball public address announcer - face it, tiger, you just hit the jackpot!
                        X
                        What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

I'd love to share the recording here, but I don't know how to share an audio file (MP3) online. If anybody here can walk me through how it's done, I'd really appreciate it.
                          The site's vBulletin Attachment Manager doesn't have .mp3 as an extension. Sean would need to add it.

Otherwise, you can always upload it elsewhere and link to it.
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                            you can always upload it elsewhere and link to it.
                            Just like I upload photos to Flickr, except that this would be a site that deals with audio files, right?

Any recommendations on what site I should use? I wouldn't know one from another.
                            X
                            What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

Just like I upload photos to Flickr, except that this would be a site that deals with audio files, right?

Any recommendations on what site I should use? I wouldn't know one from another.
                              Exactly like Flickr. Many places accept audio files. YouTube comes to mind.
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

• Can’t wait to get back to citi an see the Mets!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X