Citi Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

"......I'd love to attend... unfortunately, in case you don't know, I had cancer surgery in late September and I'm currently going through radiation and chemotherapy treatments, which might affect my ability to attend."
    It's been ages....I mean, seriously AGES since I was posting here regularly during the CF construction - my last post was in 2015!
    But for those of us who were here in the early days of the thread, I still remember originals like you Gary and still remember you as a gentleman. Sending you some positive thoughts and healing. Get well soon sir.
    Last edited by islandxtreme26; 12-28-2022, 12:37 PM.
    http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
    Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
    http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Comment

• New photos from WCBS chopper taken on 12/28 with scoreboard progress.....
      https://twitter.com/TomKaminskiWCBS/...10171259117568

FlEnqLFXkAIzYVV?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FlEnqLFXEAEcr8P?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FlEnqLEWAAEcrRz?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
      http://www.twitter.com/chrisswann26

My Citi Field & Shea Gallery - 27 Albums - 3,091 pictures - 15 videos
      Citi Field Interior Construction Pics, Citi Field Game Pics, Shea Demolition Pics
      http://community.webshots.com/user/islandxtreme26

Comment

• Fans to Mets Owner: We Don’t Want to Drive to Citi Field
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• New photos, posted on Facebook by SNY yesterday (Tue 1/31/23)...

Source

Please help. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer last summer, and now I'm in a position where I need financial assistance. For the full story, please check out my GoFundMe campaign at https://gofund.me/3874ea2d. Thank you.

Comment

• Lots still to do. Bullpen work also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
              New photos, posted on Facebook by SNY yesterday (Tue 1/31/23)...

Source

as i suspected, RIP section 339. looks like a nice new party deck.

is that what is advertised as the 'speakeasy club'? it was my impression that club would be inside the batters eye....

Comment

• They need to drop the Big Citi Field Logo on the Scoreboard and go with a Script Mets logo... they can always add Citi Field just below it. And while they are at it, blow up the batters eye, move the HR apple back and fill it with shrubbery. Enough of the painted artificial turf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgweiss View Post

is that what is advertised as the 'speakeasy club'? it was my impression that club would be inside the batters eye....
                  I'm not sure what is going on with 339. What's interesting is that the Mets are still selling single game tickets for that section but it seems that the only available seats are in row 1.
                  I wonder if it is going to be one row of seats closest to the field and then a party area on the back half of the section

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgweiss View Post

I think the speakeasy is part of the old Modell’s zone in Right Field . My cousin has FST’s in 337 row 1 and he told me it was his understanding that 339 was going to be one of those ‘gathering places’ where people stand around and drink but he wasn’t told officially . He has given me tickets - not crazy about the outfield view - but if it’s free I can’t complain . Since it’s row one it’s ‘gold’ pricing which is crazy

Comment

• New photos from yesterday (Thu 2/2/23), posted on Twitter earlier this morning by Tom Kaminski...

Photo No. 1

Photo No. 2

Photo No. 3

Photo No. 4

(Source for photos 1-4)

Photo No. 5

Photo No. 6

Photo No. 7

Photo No. 8

(Source for photos 5-8)

Please help. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer last summer, and now I'm in a position where I need financial assistance. For the full story, please check out my GoFundMe campaign at https://gofund.me/3874ea2d. Thank you.

Comment

• Did you ever find the missing Shea Stadium discussion?
                        "Thank you very much, Commissioner, for the fine introduction. We've got the setting: sunshine, fresh air; we've got the team behind us. So... let's play two! - Ernie Banks, Aug 8, 1977"

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                          That blog belongs to this guy:

"Gersh Kuntzman, a vigilante who fixes up license plates that have been defaced in order to evade speeding-ticket cameras​"

He seems to have a bias against cars and motorists. I wouldn't trust anything he says on the subject, without verifying. If you're coming to the ballpark from outside the area covered by rails, a car is necessary.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Citi is a poorly designed stadium. They had a great opportunity to construct an amazing facility. Seeing the constant fiddling with the outfield fence and bullpen is nauseating.

I wish they'd just remove the outfield mess and rebuild something better. The goofy left field access that requires the added stands to be removed, the junk yard bullpen layout. The weird Modell's area is still a problem. I wish they'd either go with a 1960's style (how cool would that be?) or just shoot for a modern look with a psedo downtown beyond the fence. Few cabs driving around. Street vendors selling everything on tables. A train stop would have been cool as heck.

SF gets homers into the bay. How rad would it have been to have balls hit down a city street or off a cab or bus?

Look! There are several dirty characters from movies and Sesame Street taking pictures with tourists out there!

Comment

• How many years until we get a stadium that just builds a video board that goes from pole to pole?

Comment

• It's amazing no pictures currently exist of the rendering of what the updates will look like and we're about a month and change out from Opening Day. I wonder if this might be a multi-year, multi stage project over time to make the enhancements?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X