Rogers Centre / SkyDome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    ...the warning track gives the outfielders no WARNING, since the turf used for it is made up of the same material as the turf making up the field. It's just a different color. It negates the entire reason for having a warning track in the first place, which is to give the outfielder, who is usually looking up while tracking a fly ball, a WARNING when he senses DIRT under his feet that he's getting close to the wall, giving him a gauge to let him know he's close to the wall. Simply making it a different color is meaningless.
    correct, i've played on fields like that and going for fly balls or popups near fences you need a lot of verbal help from teammates on the proximity of barriers
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by buckeyejim View Post
      I'm pretty sure that situation did not happen during the World Series. I'm pretty sure it was during a regular season game.
      Oh sorry I guess you were right, I heard that story as a child thought it was true. Here is a list of the wrong doings in their hotels during jays games:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/M...66596-sun.html
      The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/...mpout_form.jsp

This is if you want to camp out after a Blue Jays game.

Comment

• Camping out sounds fun! I would love to sleep in some of the stadiums on the field.
          The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Time for another silly question:

For Americans like myself who want to visit Canada for some games at Rogers Centre, obviously a passport is required (which I have), but what about a visa? Do I have to get one of those as well?
            Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 07-26-2012, 04:46 PM.
            It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
              Time for another silly question:

For Americans like myself who want to visit Canada for some games at Rogers Centre, obviously a passport is required (which I have), but what about a visa? Do I have to get one of those as well?
              No, you dont need a visa, at least dont need one for short visits (ie about 30 days or less)

Comment

• ^ Alrighty then.
                It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• Kelly Gruber shows off the new, modern SkyDome in 1989.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaJim74 View Post
                    No, you dont need a visa, at least dont need one for short visits (ie about 30 days or less)
                    So do you just tell them at customs what you're doing there and how long you are staying?

(The only other time I have ever been out of the US, was when I went to Mexico for my brother's wedding, and they had us fill out paperwork on the plane)

Comment

So do you just tell them at customs what you're doing there and how long you are staying?

(The only other time I have ever been out of the US, was when I went to Mexico for my brother's wedding, and they had us fill out paperwork on the plane)
                      Yep, just what you're doing, how long you're staying. the USA/Canada border is alot different than the USA/Mexico border. And understandably so.

Comment

• In 1998 I went to Toronto for a family event. I hold the lobby door at the hotel and Nomar Garciaparra walked through. The Red Sox were in town playing the Blue Jays. We immediately go to the mall and buy a baseball. We skipped the rehearsal dinner and went to the game. After the game I waited in the lobby and the whole team walked in (Nomar, Mo Vaughn, Pedro Martinez, Dennis Eckersely). I got a few autographs. In the morning they were in the lobby hanging out and they invited me over for a few minutes. Great experience as a 13 yr old. I still have the autograph ball on the book case.
                        Last edited by 04golf; 08-17-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Toronto should change the infield layout. They should have a full dirt infield instead of the patches.
                          Last edited by 04golf; 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Time for another silly question:

The regulations changed a couple years back. For those living in a state with a border crossing a specialized drivers license is available. It's called an enhanced license and requires a background check and the license itself has RFID which allows customs agents to retrieve your information at the crossing. I have one. It only works for land crossings, I would still need a passport for air or water crossings.

For everybody else a passport is now required for all US/ Canada crossings. No visas are necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

Even the warning track gives the outfielders no WARNING, since the turf used for it is made up of the same material as the turf making up the field. It's just a different color. It negates the entire reason for having a warning track in the first place, which is to give the outfielder, who is usually looking up while tracking a fly ball, a WARNING when he senses DIRT under his feet that he's getting close to the wall, giving him a gauge to let him know he's close to the wall. Simply making it a different color is meaningless.
                              Excellent point. Does anyone know WHY there is no real warning track? Is it just because of the multipurpose angle?

Did the cookie cutters also have this problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by 04golf View Post
                                Toronto should change the infield layout. They should have a full dirt infield instead of the patches.
                                Problem is that the CFL starts in June, which would create a conversion nightmare for a good chunk of the baseball season.

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                                Excellent point. Does anyone know WHY there is no real warning track? Is it just because of the multipurpose angle?

Did the cookie cutters also have this problem?
                                I'm thinking it has to do with making it easier to convert the stadium to football.

To my knowledge, no player past or present has ever complained publicly about it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X