No announcement yet.

Rogers Centre / SkyDome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, he's yanking your chain Jim, it's the same place, different name.
    "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
    - Brian Clough
    "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob"

- John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
      oh, how did they do it so fast, then?
      They concentrated real hard and refused breaks.

Comment

oh, how did they do it so fast, then?
        Good old Canadian ingenuity, eh!
        sigpic

Comment

They never stopped to ask dumb questions.

Comment

I think JJJ has gotten all of you.
            Twenty Seven

Comment

Hey guys, just a word on the turf - it's good ol' Field Turf like most of the big boys are using now. The difference is that it's made in small movable squares (that a forklift can pickup) and not all sewn together like one big rug. This allows them to lift it up and lay it back down for different configs. Take a look at MLB to CFL pics, and even CFL to NFL pics - all different amounts of turf on the field but it's the same stuff. The pile may go in different directions from time to time depending on who drives the forklift on the night shift (or how many pops he's had), but it's as good as anything else in the CFL. Except for Edmonton, since they use the real stuff.....

Comment

The turf still looks like crap.

Comment

I was in Toronto back in 93, and the whole town was behind that team. There were Alomar posters everywhere. Blue Jay hats and jerseys were at every store, and there was 50,000 every night at The SkyDome. I went back in 03 and the place was empty, even though the Yankees were in town. No posters, no hats around town. All Maple Leaf ads. Its sad that they never really recovered after the strike.

Comment

this franchise was more appealing before they switched to the god awful uniforms/hats they wear now

Comment

Do the Blue Jays have any future plans for a new ballpark? Because let's face it, Rogers Centre is not made for baseball.
                      Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasGoon View Post
                        Sadly, he's yanking your chain Jim, it's the same place, different name.
                        oh. why did they change the name though after all these years?

Comment

oh. why did they change the name though after all these years?
                          Rogers Communications (who owns the team) bought the stadium a few years ago.

BTW DallasGoon thanks for ruining the joke.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
                            Do the Blue Jays have any future plans for a new ballpark? Because let's face it, Rogers Centre is not made for baseball.
                            No, Canada doesn't really finance sports facilities. Even the hockey teams pay their own way (The Ottowa Senators even had to pay for the exit ramp to their arena). It will be another 15 years before they can even talk about it, unless Toronto bids for an Olympics again in the future.

Comment

From a game in September '08 against Boston
                              Attached Files

Comment

More from the same game.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X