• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And some from the Canada/USA game at the WBC
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
      Do the Blue Jays have any future plans for a new ballpark? Because let's face it, Rogers Centre is not made for baseball.
      that's what i was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by aqib View Post
        No, Canada doesn't really finance sports facilities. Even the hockey teams pay their own way (The Ottowa Senators even had to pay for the exit ramp to their arena). It will be another 15 years before they can even talk about it, unless Toronto bids for an Olympics again in the future.
        So instead of of paying for new stadiums, Canadian taxpayers pay for health care? What a screwy place!

Comment

Grass

I remeber there was this preseason game at the Superdome 10 years ago, they trucked in this portable grass system for this game that was installed in a time frame comparable to the roll-up astro turf. Maybe a system like this would make sense for baseball since it can be installed in 12 hours and removed in 8 hours. If the weather is iffy, they could use special lights to grow the grass, like they use in Europe. Also I would strongly investigate a 4th generation turf which is allegly a much more similar proudct natural product to fieldturf which is a 3rd generation turf. I am guessing the fact the Skydome has no floor drains would be a negative, but the superdome has the same problem. The grass is named STN2000.

Sam

Comment

Hotel

I am curious if the rooms in dead center field are sort of like the rooms that a all suites hotel with a kitchen and couch. I have stayed in left center twice. The view if I remember correctly if you stay near center field at on top of the the end of the grandstand is very similar to the $5 obstucted bleacher seats at Yankee Stadium where you could only see part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock 07 View Post
              Why did they cover up the hotel rooms around the scoreboard with the Bills banners?
              Probably NFL rules.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOneBitey View Post
                And some from the Canada/USA game at the WBC
                What section are those from?

Comment

I wonder how the players like the artificial turf there. I'm sure it's fine from up close, but from far away, it just looks so bad. How hard would it be to put in a dirt infield and zip it back up for Argos games?
                  1997 2003
                  Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox901: View Post
                    What section are those from?
                    524A, I think. It was the 2nd last row of that section, too.

Comment

Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
                      I wonder how the players like the artificial turf there. I'm sure it's fine from up close, but from far away, it just looks so bad. How hard would it be to put in a dirt infield and zip it back up for Argos games?
                      It bothers me how Rogers Centre has a retractable roof, yet still has artificial turf! IMHO It's a crime for baseball to be played on artificial turf!

Comment

Originally posted by BigOneBitey View Post
                        524A, I think. It was the 2nd last row of that section, too.
                        wow, pretty good view for 2nd last row

Comment

Seriously, people... thumbnails with links to the large pics...
                          "And the pitch bounced right side a base hit!! Here comes Gomez around third, there'll be no play!!! The Twins have won the Central!!!

sigpic

Comment

2010 Turf

I hear that the Rogers Centre is getting new turf next year? I am curious if they are going to use a turf system similar to the new Cowboys Stadium, where the turf rolls up like the old AstroTurf, since the current FieldTurf tray system has a lot of seams in it.

Sam

Comment

Here's some pictures from the September 4, Yankees vs Blue Jays game:

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X