Rogers Centre / SkyDome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogers Centre / SkyDome

Well, I haven't seen a real discussion on this ballpark, currently home to the AL Leading Blue Jays..who have been a pleasant surprise.

It's one of the 'oddest' ballparks out there. Caught right between the cookie cutters and then the Campdens of the sort.

Other than the artificial turf, it's a place that isn't too bad. Overall, pretty good sightlines, obviously there's some issues by the foulpoles in the upperdeck, but that's the case in many places.

With a winning team, this place can be electric. Drew 4 million back in the glory days of '92 and '93. And a recent game against the Yankees resulted in that same atmosphere.

Sorry for my crappy pictures, but they'll do the trick

I think these seats would be close to being the highest in the MLB based on homeplate.
    Last edited by go_leafs_go02; 05-18-2009, 12:02 PM.

its like going to the mall and discovering theres a baseball game/field in the middle of it

Comment

Since it's multi purpose... what is the other large draw besides the Blue Jays?
      Twenty Seven

Comment

Originally posted by NYBase View Post
        Since it's multi purpose... what is the other large draw besides the Blue Jays?
        Majority is the Jays. the stadium is owned by the Blue Jays now, and they've done alot to enhance the experience and brightne the place up. It's mainly blue now with the seats and facia.

It also is home to the Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts, it hosts two games a year of the Buffalo Bills. Also does host Monster Jam once a year, and concerts as well. U2 will be playing there in September.

Comment

Looks like it is time for a turf upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by bandit12 View Post
            Looks like it is time for a turf upgrade.
            maybe they'll get a full infield like down in tampa. That looks wayyy better then the sliding pits. As of next year, they will be the only team with sliding pits left in baseball, correct?

as far as the bills banners go, I think they are most likely those on-way banners, that way they're not blocking the view of anyone in the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
              maybe they'll get a full infield like down in tampa. That looks wayyy better then the sliding pits. As of next year, they will be the only team with sliding pits left in baseball, correct?

as far as the bills banners go, I think they are most likely those on-way banners, that way they're not blocking the view of anyone in the hotel.
              I'm assuming they were the same as those advertisement wraps that surround city buses and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
                I'm assuming they were the same as those advertisement wraps that surround city buses and stuff.
                I went to Vegas back in January with my wife. We stayed at the Flamingo and it had a wrap of Donnie & Marie. In fact our room was in Maries head over looking the fountains at Caesars. In your room, if you are standing at least 10 feet back, you don't even notice it. But if you get closer than that, your view is obstructed. Also you can only look straight ahead. If you look to your left or right, the scenary gets blurry. Camera shots do even worse. You can forget zooming. These photos will give you and idea of what a "wrap" does to views. I wouldn't be too happy if I paid a premium for one of those rooms at the Rogers Centre hoping to catch a game.

Last edited by bandit12; 05-18-2009, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have a view of the stadium from inside the hotel? I'd be interested to see what that looks like.

Comment

Does anyone have a view of the stadium from inside the hotel? I'd be interested to see what that looks like.
                    I bet Robbie Alomar has some snapshots.

Comment

i honestly think it looks better as a bills stadium then the bluejays stadium. how long before the bluejays look to build a 32,000 seat downtwon stadium with a view of the skyline? the turf has to be the ugliest stuff ive seen, they should put in what tampa uses, at least that looks like one price of turf and not thousands of patches, and need an all dirt basepath
                      Last edited by GuitarPunk2512; 05-18-2009, 11:21 PM.
                      Lets Go Mets, Jets, Islanders !!!

Comment

I remember the home opener, the crowd was 44,000+ and it still looked half empty, I would love to see it at its full compacity

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox901: View Post
                          I remember the home opener, the crowd was 44,000+ and it still looked half empty, I would love to see it at its full compacity

it's an older picture, due to the fact that the facia in front of every level is still concrete grey..instead of the current blue.

Comment

SkyDome

This will always be SkyDome, no offense to the departed Mr. Rogers.
                            Really, this is basically Riverfront Stadium with a retractable roof and a hotel.

Comment

That's weird how they have the railings behind each row of seats. Do any other stadiums have this?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X