Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ballpark with a retractable roof do you dislike the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ballpark with a retractable roof do you dislike the most?

I'd go with Chase Field. That park is just too covered, not much sunlight when the roof is open.

And I'm not gonna include Skydome.
    Miller Park
    33.64%
    Chase Field
    40.19%
    Minute Maid Park
    18.69%
    Safeco Field
    7.48%
    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post

And I'm not gonna include Skydome.
    Why not?....

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
      Why not?....
      I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem like it belongs in the same category as the four parks. Those four parks are baseball-only stadiums and they use grass.
      Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

I went with Chase as well.

But when they open that baby up, it makes a world of difference.
        No one can make you
        Do what they want to
        You know you're stronger
        Than the lies
        That they tell you

Comment

Originally posted by UnderPressure View Post
          I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem like it belongs in the same category as the four parks. Those four parks are baseball-only stadiums and they use grass.
          Which is exactly why some folks would dislike Rogers even more than the other parks.

Comment

I hate domes, retractable roofs period. Whether it is for baseball or football.
            These games were meant to be played outside on real grass (don't get me started about field turf). :twocents:

Comment

I know you asked dislike, but the one I like the most is Safeco, because when the roof is open, it looks like an open air ballpark. The others look like they have skylights open.

I'll say Miller as my least favorite, because in Arizona and Texas, you need a retractable roof.

Comment

I've only been to one ballpark that had a retractable roof, which was the Skydome, in Toronto, and I didn't like it.
                I'm not a fan of retractable roofs, because of it's gaudy appearance, when the roof is open.
                I'm so glad that NYS and Citi don't have retractable roofs...
                Including the new Giants Stadium, even though it's still in Jersey...

Comment

For some reason I've always liked Chase stadium, I went to a game in Toronto and they had the roof closed and it wasn't too great

Comment

Definitely Rogers Centre because it's a multipurpose cookie cutter stadium with fake grass. Out of those choices though I'd have to go with Miller Park. It looks like it would feel the most enclosed even with the roof open. It's a weird design.

Comment

Definately Miller Park. People who've been there say it feels like a dome when the roof is opened.
                      1924 1987 1991
                      1925, 1933, 1965
                      1969, 1970, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010
                      10/26/1991
                      ....And we'll see you tomorrow night!sigpic

Comment

Miller Park is the only one that I have been to and it was not that great.
                        With that giant glass wall it feels like you are inside even when the roof is open.
                        The weather in Milwaukee is pretty much the same as Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Cleveland, and Detroit so I don't understand why they felt a need for a roof.
                        The Twins are even going back outdoors and that is pretty far north.

I am not a fan of domes or retractable roofs but Safeco is the best by far.
                        Last edited by Philtration; 06-30-2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I voted for Minute Maid because I don't like the fake hill in CF or the flagpole in play or the train-tracks. Sorry Minute Maid fans no offense intended, but that's just my opinion.

Even when the roof is closed on Safeco, it doesn't really feel like you're indoors, it just feels like there's a giant umbrella over your head. It's still open-air.

I agree Toronto would lose hands-down if it was on the list because of the artificial turf.

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand why the Brewers needed to have a stadium with a retractable roof.

Mariners - it always rains in Seattle
                            Diamondbacks - it's the desert
                            Astros - Texas heat

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X