MCU Park / Keyspan Park - Brooklyn NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCU Park / Keyspan Park - Brooklyn NY

I was wondering how is KeySpan. It always gets great reviews. If anyone has any pictures please share. For anyone who doesn't know, it is located on Coney Island in Brooklyn, NY. The Mets minor league team Brooklyn Cyclones play there. Thanks!
    sigpic

i finally got over there for fathers day with my family. its a nice little ballpark. personally, i think the Long Island Ducks "Citibank Park" is a little nicer, but still, all the same things. The scoreboard is cool that incorporates the famous "Cyclone Roller coaster". On the day I went, it was raining and really wasnt much place to run for cover. The bleachers were cut down in GA and Reserved. I was able to go right down by the dugout to get some really good pictures. The walkway to the bleachers lets you get right above the cyclones bullpen to watch them throw, while not the same for the visitor bullpen. I the sound system is so-so and the video board is what you would expect a Single-A team to have. I'm sure on a really nice night, you get the nice breeze from the ocean. Its a fun feel in the park. Here are some pictures I took.

Comment

I think its a great ballpark. Coney Island is such an interesting part of NYC and the ballpark does justice to the history of the site. (The former Steeplechase Park) The Parachute Jump stands just past right field, the neon rings surrounding the light towers, the neon lights in the concourse all tie in very well with the amusement park atmosphere.

My dad grew up right off of Flatbush Av, so our pre-game consists of: a stop at Aliotta's Pastry Shop on Av. N, then a stop at Roll N' Roaster in Sheepshead Bay. The whole trip makes for a great Friday night.
      sigpic

Comment

I was there a few years ago. I really like the setting down on the Coney Island Boardwalk and the park itself is really nice. I think they went a bit overboard, though, on the on-field activities between innings. I realize that this is a bit par for the course in the minor leagues, but I think it was over-kill here.

Best part of the game were these 2 little kids going for a foul ball that was still on the field in front of me and the older brother falling right onto the field trying to get it and then his little sister crying that she didn't get the ball.

I really liked the old Parachute Jump towering over the park

The neon lights in the concourse are a nice touch

This was just taken leaving after the game had ended

Comment

Ive never been there for a game but went twice for concerts and thought the stadium was really nice.

Comment

They always host a lot of PSAL important baseball games so I hope I get to play there next year.
            Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

KeySpan Park, Coney Island - 7-17-2008

While visiting my daughter in Queens in July 2008, we had a day whereas we went down to Coney Island to walk the boardwalk and have a Nathans dog, have a few brews. I went out on this peer which led off the boardwalk and kept seeing this unusual bank of lights which were really set up like it might be a ballpark. I had no idea at the time, there was actually a minor league facility right off the boardwalk, so this was an accidental find for me. Went up and took a few pictures as it was an off-day for the Cyclones and I was able to walk right up to just inside the ballpark. Probably could have gone further but didn't want to push my luck. Next time I'm back to visit my daughter though, a Cyclone is on the schedule, along with a Staten Island Yankees game.
              Attached Files

Comment

KeySpan Park, Coney Island - 7-17-2008

Very unique lights, aren't they? Certainly seems like a worthwhile afternoon or evening to go take a ballgame in at this park. Here are the last of the photos I took that afternoon, the last photo is actually from along the boardwalk itself.
                Attached Files

Comment

On my New York trip last month, I went down to Coney Island early in the day before heading out to Citi, It was Cyclones Opening Day and I walked around the outside of the park. The Cyclones bullpen gate was open and my brother ran in and got a ball from the pen. I was impressed with team store. Very well done for a minor league team. The whole Coney Island experience was great and the stadium was overall very nice

Comment

Here are some pics that I took last month on Baracklyn Night (Obama bobblehead giveaway).

Fake Obama throwing out the ceremonial first pitch

Comment

Before a game 2 years ago. They allowed people on the field. How cool!

[IMG][/IMG]

***Pictured blurred for obvious reasons.

Comment

Was there in 03. I loved it. It was really cool to see baseball in Brooklyn after hearing how great it was by my grandfather. Just the atmosphere was really nice considering it was a minor league game. It could have to do with the fact they played the Yankees affiliate, the Yankees.

Comment

It seems that I only wind up going to Keyspan Park every other year or so. I last went in August '07, and I'll be going this August. Here are some pictures from my last trip.

Let's start with a view from the very top of the Wonder Wheel...

(Photo taken August 12, 2007. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

Next we've got a view from the Astrotower at Coney Island's Astroland. Also in the photo are such landmarks as the Wonder Wheel, the Parachute Jump, and Nathan's Famous. You can see that the Astrotower goes higher than the Wonder Wheel, however the Wonder Wheel doesn't have any glass in its cabs, and the Astrotower's window is clear plexiglass or whatever, so it's a higher view but a little more "muted," I don't know if that's the right word, than the Wonder Wheel view.

(Photo taken August 12, 2007. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

External view from behind home plate, with early arrivals waiting for the gates to open. (This was a giveaway day; free Ebbets Field replicas to the first 2,500 fans.)

View of fans arriving via the main entrance. The entrance is also the exit, and the way I see it, after the game, those apartment buildings - the closest one being just one block away - must start to look real good to departing Cyclone fans faced with the prospect of fighting traffic to get home...

(Photo taken August 12, 2007. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: .here)

One of the ads on the wall was for the Wonder Wheel, so I got a shot of the real thing over the sign. The white pole to the left with the word "Astroland" on it is the Astrotower...

Prior to the game, there was a ceremony honoring Jackie Robinson. In this photo Rachel Robinson is addressing the crowd...

This is an up-close look at a Brooklyn Cyclones player. I have no idea who he is - I was in the front row when he approached the stands - but just the idea that you can go to the front and get a close-up, non-zoom shot of a player is what impressed me - just try doing that at Citi Field (let alone Yankee Stadium).

Actually, I think what happened is that the player was coming over to see either friends or family members who happened to be sitting near where I was. I got a photo of a couple of middle-aged guys taking a picture of him with his arm around a middle-aged woman, and from what I overheard of their conversation I inferred that they knew the player and vice versa.

Here's a view of actual game action from the front row, between sections 8 and 10...

Here's a view of the Cyclones' bullpen in right field, with fans watching the action from the walkway leading from the concourse to the boardwalk exit and bleachers...

Finally... it may not be the same as the #4 train rumbling past Yankee Stadium, but once in a while you do see the occasional ocean liner sailing by in the distance...

X

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                            It seems that I only wind up going to Keyspan Park every other year or so. I last went in August '07, and I'll be going this August. Here are some pictures from my last trip.

Let's start with a view from the very top of the Wonder Wheel...

Next we've got a view from the Astrotower at Coney Island's Astroland. Also in the photo are such landmarks as the Wonder Wheel, the Parachute Jump, and Nathan's Famous. You can see that the Astrotower goes higher than the Wonder Wheel, however the Wonder Wheel doesn't have any glass in its cabs, and the Astrotower's window is clear plexiglass or whatever, so it's a higher view but a little more "muted," I don't know if that's the right word, than the Wonder Wheel view.

External view from behind home plate, with early arrivals waiting for the gates to open. (This was a giveaway day; free Ebbets Field replicas to the first 2,500 fans.)

View of fans arriving via the main entrance. The entrance is also the exit, and the way I see it, after the game, those apartment buildings - the closest one being just one block away - must start to look real good to departing Cyclone fans faced with the prospect of fighting traffic to get home...

(Photo taken August 12, 2007. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: .here)

One of the ads on the wall was for the Wonder Wheel, so I got a shot of the real thing over the sign. The white pole to the left with the word "Astroland" on it is the Astrotower...

Prior to the game, there was a ceremony honoring Jackie Robinson. In this photo Rachel Robinson is addressing the crowd...

This is an up-close look at a Brooklyn Cyclones player. I have no idea who he is - I was in the front row when he approached the stands - but just the idea that you can go to the front and get a close-up, non-zoom shot of a player is what impressed me - just try doing that at Citi Field (let alone Yankee Stadium).

Actually, I think what happened is that the player was coming over to see either friends or family members who happened to be sitting near where I was. I got a photo of a couple of middle-aged guys taking a picture of him with his arm around a middle-aged woman, and from what I overheard of their conversation I inferred that they knew the player and vice versa.

Here's a view of actual game action from the front row, between sections 8 and 10...

Here's a view of the Cyclones' bullpen in right field, with fans watching the action from the walkway leading from the concourse to the boardwalk exit and bleachers...

Wow what was up with the outfield grass???
                            Last edited by Richmond Hill Phoenix; 02-04-2010, 01:11 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary duplicate photos

Comment

Awesome ballpark.

I wish more minor league stadiums were like this.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X