At&t Park Field Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At&t Park Field Condition

i saw highlights from the braves vs. giants at AT&T PARK.

what happened to the field?

are you talking about the fact that it rained in san francisco on 25 of the 31 days of march? or that it has rained on 35 of the past 41 days? plus, the ballyard sits at sea level, adding a bit to the draining woes.

the left field line is the worst area of the field, i think.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
      are you talking about the fact that it rained in san francisco on 25 of the 31 days of march? or that it has rained on 35 of the past 41 days? plus, the ballyard sits at sea level, adding a bit to the draining woes.

the left field line is the worst area of the field, i think.
      It's a miracle that there is any baseball being played in northern California at all considering the crappy weather you guys have gotten.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

They haven't been playing baseball in SF.
        Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

yeah. back-to-back rainouts.
          there is a split doubleheader today.

i got the day game and just might hafta stick around for the 6:05 one.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X